Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would love to be able to open XD files from other sources than Creative Cloud. At work we use Dropbox as our source of truth. It would be great to browse Dropbox or Files app on the iPad (and iPhone) and retrieve the prototype for testing it on a device. As for now I need to make a duplicate of my file and move it to Adobe CC to find it, it’s quite tedious.

I´m not talking about tethering, only being able to access files outside of Creative Cloud.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Once a prototype is published and shared the text lacks the ability to be copied. This makes working with a remote team more difficult. It would be very helpful for developers to copy and paste the text to avoid the time and human errors of re-typing. Please add this function to the published prototype links.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. As I am incorporating Adobe XD more and more in my prototyping workflow, I find that switching from artboard to artboard and zooming out for a bird's eye view and then zooming in on a another artboard are primary actions within the app.

Also, since as PS-like scrubby zoom and flick panning are not implemented at this time, I find this whole process to be not quite optimized.

Since the introduction of Microsoft's Surface Dial device, it seems support has been added for it in Illustrator (https://helpx.adobe.com/si/illustrator/using/microsoft-dial.html) and given Ai's similar use of artboard and vector based approach,…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Please remove the color property from a text style.

Here's a story: i start a new project and define h1-h6, body text and subtext. At some point i need a white H1 that's overlaid on a photo. Currently, i can select H1, but it turns my text black so i have to make it white again. This can become frustrating when it repeats tens of times throughout a project. In my mind, text styles and color palette are separate. This problem applies to both CC Libraries and XD Assets.

Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integration with typeset software such as LateX Studio, TeX Studio, and with Mathematical simulations software that are open sourced, free.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. While stupid for others... this is something that I personally use a lot. Especially when working on the go. Hitting a tab and previewing the whole design for a quick check.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It can be a bit hard to see the color of the item that I'm changing the color of, so it would be awesome to have a color preview, which could be larger than that text I'm typing, on the color picker page. The attached image shows the perfect location for it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When I want to post multiple versions of the same prototype online (v1, v2, etc. with incremental changes made between versions), and I have notated the prototype screens with comments/instructions for developers about user flow and requirements and actions... it would be super helpful to be able to transfer or copy my comments (and any client comments) from one prototype to the other. Otherwise, I have to overwrite existing prototypes to keep all my comments intact... which means I can't keep older versions of these screens posted online for reference or comparison, and I have to manually add comments/annotation to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The biggest hog of screen space and effort tied to interactive mock-ups is the creation of multiple art boards to accommodate simple transformations of screen objects.

It would be great to be able to assign a variable tag to the values in the design panel and then be able to set the limits/increment values to them. This would also apply to strings.

Using my Clock example from another feature request:
    I could assign the rotation variable to my hands set the limit to 10° then set another button to cycle that symbols rotation variable. Otherwise using the current art board…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In photoshop, when you're editing text, hitting the enter' key found in the numerical portion of a keyboard then exits the 'text edit' mode, not create a new line. The normal 'enter' key should be for that.

Similarly, when changing any values such as text size, style etc in the right panel, pressing the 'numerical enter' key first accepts the value changes, and pressing it again should then exit the 'text edit' mode.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would be nice to actually get a live preview of typeface changes when you select text in the layout and scroll trough the fontlist. Like you get in Photoshop.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Would be great to have not only Lorem Ipsum, but rather the "simulation" of text when you create title or text blocks.

The idea is to create wireframes without concerning at all in the first instance on font selection, etc. The focus is layout layout layout. After a second instance, this should be able to be converted to Lorem Ipsum to apply typography.

See image attached for the "simulation" reference.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have a couple thoughts regarding zooming and fitting to screen:

1. Currently, Ctrl - 0 fits all artboards (the entire canvas) into view, while Ctrl - 1 zooms the entire canvas to 100%. I don't like it that way. It feels weird, it doesn't feel natural. I intuitively press Ctrl - Alt - 0 trying to zoom everything to 100% (as I'd do in other Adobe products), but that shortcut is unused, and instead it's used Ctrl + 1 to do the same. I get it that it's shorter, but it feels wrong. Maybe using both shortcuts? Ctrl - Alt…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I prototype using PowerPoint. One of its best tools is using text bubbles to clarify my thoughts without the need to prototype them. It helps for lean prototyping.
    The text bubbles work by an order I declare. Each keystroke (playing a presentation) will display only one text bubble in locations it defined in the Prototype mode.

Using text bubbles helps me delivering my prototype to the customer much more effectively.

The bubbles don't have to be text, they can have images and rich media text also.

These bubbles are not comments from the stakeholder, they are created by the UX…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Repeat grid text elements don't change when original is changed

If I create a repeat grid of a text element and change the text in the original element, the rest of the text elements in the grid don't change. I think it should change all elements unless I've changed the text in any of the other elements to override the original.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The slide transition (coming soon) with parallax effect looks sweet, but there may be cases where it is not desired, or will not work. I think it would be ideal if the slight parallax effect on slide was an option instead of being applied by default. Thanks!

[added clarification] Customer would prefer it if we had an option for the the background to stay static/not to move during the transition.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I select rectangle tool in photoshop and click in the canvas (or in AI) it shows me a box for width, height and radius etc.

It would be great in XD especially when creating form elements and buttons.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be 'nice' to have one company offer a way to present prototypes, etc without a "Made with .." credit.

As paying customers (Creative Cloud) it would be great to have my business logo and name on all outwardly facing Preview material.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. At JBF Sports, we have been creating stickers in AI: using the Offset Path under Object, we can take the initial shape and offset the path which I then fill with white to create the exact shape of that sticker.

We are slowly moving into Xd to be able to export our assets quickly in svg and png.

other keywords: grow path, shrink path

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We might use XD for a lot of different design options. Web, iOS, Android, AppleTV etc... It would be nice, for a given platform to have specific actions of protyping for the most common ones (native interaction basics). In the form of a library of interaction behaviour.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)