Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I think it is necessary to have a tools for spacing control for words in character panel it will save designer time and will be smart process to design better

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Now there's the ability to include lottie files within your design and mark for export, it would be a huge benefit to allow the actual export of the json file rather than as an image format. This would aid developers, allowing design teams to supply all file types through the specs.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently when working with multiple documents, if you have overwrites on a component. And you modify that component, and then paste the component or artboard into a file that has an outdated version of that component.

It will paste the components but reset the overwrites and set the component back to it's default state. It doesn't inform the user about why it just resetted all their content. Which can be extremely annoying to the user, as this seems very weird. (Which is why there are also several support tickets of people running into this issue).

After talking with support, I…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For example one time trigger would play a sound after 0.6 seconds, and another time trigger would move to the next artboard after 2 seconds.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to have a default setting for files to export. When I insert an image it should always be "marked for export" by default.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have a lot of files saved in the cloud documents, yet the open file dialog is so tiny that it's difficult getting an overview of all the files.

Yet where the start screen is resizable, the open dialog is fixed.

Please let me resize the open file dialog as I see fit.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Export/Import text strings used on the Artboards as csv, xsl or other formats so that the data can be used for processing multi-language support. This will allow developers to see how prototype look like for different language and allow translators to work with the strings.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently when I right-click on a color or style in the assets panel and choose "highlight on canvas," all elements using that color or style will be outlined in blue. This is problematic when my design uses a similar blue, making it hard to see. I would like to be able to customize the highlight color to bright pink or some other color not used in my design so that it is very easy to see all highlighted elements at a glance.

Same feature was requested and described well on StackExchange here: https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/136145/can-i-change-the-color-used-by-highlight-on-canvas-feature

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A frequent flow is to edit master (ctrl+shift+k) and then zoom out, find the instance I was working on, zoom in+pan and continue the work.
    It would be very nice having a way to do the reverse flow (going back to previous instance to continue the work in the same windows I was without the zoom+hand).

I wondered the possible solutions:
    - A temporary floating button after going to master to return to the instance.
    - Shortcut to return to the previous instance.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We like the new features for components, but it is still limited to taps and hovers. we would like to have keypresses for state changes inside components

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Having a pan-around Navigator like in Illustrator / Photoshop would be very helpful. I often have 20+ artboards (sometimes a few hundred) and it's hard to find the one i need without zooming out, and then back in.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We need icon exports without inline styles to be able to later color them by CSS . It's inconvenient that our frontend team members always have to delete those manually, when downloading SVGs from the Specs Page. As it is now, the download button is unusable.

Good Example (Nucleo Icon Export):
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 24 24" width="24" height="24"><g class="nc-icon-wrapper" stroke-linecap="square" stroke-linejoin="miter" stroke-width="2" stroke="currentColor"><circle cx="12" cy="12" r="11" fill="none" stroke="currentColor" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <line data-color="color-2" x1="11.959" y1="11" x2="11.959" y2="17" fill="none" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <circle data-color="color-2" data-stroke="none" cx="11.959" cy="7" r="1" stroke="none"/></g></svg>

Bad Example:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="24" height="24" viewBox="0 0 24 24"><defs><style>.a{fill:none;stroke:#0f0f0f;stroke-linecap:square;stroke-miterlimit:10;stroke-width:2px;}.b{fill:#0f0f0f;}</style></defs><circle class="a" cx="11" cy="11" r="11" transform="translate(1…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to drop a spreadsheet on a text field within a repeat grid. Dialogue would appear, allowing user to select the desired column of data.

Super useful whenever displaying lots of data. For example, when creating layouts for mobile that are based on tables in desktop versions (see attached).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If I use Speech Playback I would like to show an animated feedback at the same time. For that it should be possible to define for a time trigger the "Speech Playback"-action and the "auto-animate"-action at the same time. Right now I'm not able to combine both. I only can use a tap-trigger but that isn't a reaction of a voice input.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I just saw some really amazing slide decks at Adobe Max made using Adobe Xd. I make a ton of slide decks and would love to make these decks in Xd and be able to export them as Keynote files, so other people (no designers) can use and edit the same file in keynote.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have come across an issue whilst trying to display my designs of my client's new website design. I would like to be able to show them both the desktop and mobile version within the XD file but at the moment, I am unable to do that, would be great if this feature could be added.

Thanks

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide an overlay when published as prototype (only in list of artboards)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Should be able to randomise repeat grid. For example, if I have only 4 images/content but want to show more than 4 on the screen to maybe scroll or create a pattern, so it shouldn't look monotonous, so the repeat might happen randomly. There could be a check mark saying 'Randomize'.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi, I was wondering the possibility to have a preview of a screen design in grayscale, this can be very helpful for designers because we have to ensure accessibility to our designs and we need to validate that our designs still works without colors.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now do this with the Stark plugin, which is available within the plugins menu. I’ll leave this open in case you’re interested in having it natively in XD!