Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. This may overlap with requests for horizontal scrolling and drag direction but it may solve both.

Drag currently only works between two states and in one direction. It would be nice if several artboards could be used with the same drag. For example: think of a carousel with multiple images shown horizontally. I don't want to have to click+drag each time I want to advance. It would be nice if I could click once and continue dragging until the specific image I want is centered. Letting go would snap to that artboard. During the drag it would transition through all…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Often developers have already begun work on a design while details are being finalized. I can send a manual note that they need to refresh the design specs to see new updates, but it would be nice for a private link to send an email to all shared addresses as soon as an update has been made to the link, or to anyone who might have commented on the link for a public link. This would facilitate keeping everyone as up to date as possible. Alternatively having some kind of notification show up on the actual designs specs page saying…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Freeform Gradient is my illustrator cc 2019 favorite new feature (and I think I speak for many designers) and it has a lot a of use in interfaces . Please add it to Adobe XD!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. With the new version of XD, you now have 2 options to Save: Cloud Documents, Your Computer...

Say I've saved a file to Cloud Documents. If I want to work on this file offline, I have to plan ahead to save this file to my computer too; that's double the clicks. And I have to remember which file is the most up-to-date to replace the old one, which is not good user experience in terms of human memory. Can we have an option to automatically save a copy to our computers with Automatic Sync?

While I'm at it, can I…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have a group of shapes that makes up an icon. When I resize them with the mouse, or Shift+Mouse to keep the scale, it works fine. When I use the right-hand panel Width / Height inputs, the sub-shapes seem to move, but not resize. Or, if I change it quickly, some really strange stuff happens.

Version 13.1.32.8 - Windows 10

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. So this feature would be super helpful for publishing work on sites like dribbble or portfolio sites.

Have a button or an option to export all artboards (in prototype mode) showing their connectors, kind of like you do now, however: 1) no over lapping lines (meaning there is an auto "jump" for lines that over lap), 2) customizable isometric views 3) ability to export everything in 1 view, with options to add shadows, background colors, etc...

This would save HOURS in generating work for presentation, which is a critical part of growing in the profession of design. Since most deliverables…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Similar to the way the other apps (illustrator, photoshop, indesign, after effects) work it would be great if we can place linked artboards into XD.

Linked files/artboards would allow us to update the source file and have the artwork update automatically within XD.

Using CC Libraries doesn't work the same way because libraries can only store individual assets, versus multiple assets that can be stored within an illustrator or photoshop file.

A specific use case might be where a complex set of illustrations made in illustrator/photoshop needs color adjustments by a client.

With CC libraries one would have to update…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. So when I design a prototype I might have a Home screen that goes something like this
    Home>A screen>B screen> C screen > Finish

A client might want multiple examples for the same flow so i would need to duplicate the whole flow to something like this:
    Home>a2 screen> b2 screen>c3 screen> finish

The idea:
    Enable sticky overlays if prototype goes through it, replacing key objects on the screens without the need to duplicate all of the screens and slowing the whole prototype down.
    Home>Screen 1 overlay> would result in a1 screen>b1>screen>c1 screen
    Home> screen 2 overlay would result in…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you hide layout grid in Design mode, you don't just hide it - you turn it off completely. That is a problem, becaouse when you do it, it disappears from Design Specs. So, either rename the command to "Turn off Layout grid" (because that's what really happens) and add another function for just hiding it, or allow its visibility in design spec even when its turned off.

Point is that when you do design you often hide the grid for better visibility. But - when you publish your design spec, you must remember to turn it on in all…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It's great that we can customize the height of the viewport in XD. However, it would be very useful to be able to adjust the position at where the viewport starts when entering the page in preview mode.

For example: if I'm making a screen for an instant messaging app, I want to start from the bottom of the design and scroll up the page as to see 'older' messages. But I cannot do this because the view always starts at the top.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would suggest you to update new features that supports augmented reality app ux design.

More than 200 companies working on Augmented Glasses and already launched their working prototype. For example microsoft hololens.

This is the feature of technology and adobe must updated before someone takeover in market.

Let me know if you need more information.
    Thank you.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It urgently needs an easy way to bring icons into the design. It should be possible to include icons like "material", "simple-line-icons", "lonicons", "FontAwesome" via a selection window. Currently, it is only very laborious about Illustrator.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I feel like this was raised and marked as "addressed" by the design specs feature but isn't actually addressed.

Essentially we need to be able to markup / annotate wireframes with feature specs . It would be functionally similar to the commenting feature but
    - they're specifications, not comments - it's a one off note not back and forth conversation
    - they can be rendered with/alongside the designs as an export option so it can be signed off by the client and archived for governance
    - the feature should be available via the XD App and stored in the XD…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sometimes the feedback I receive contain bullet points, but when bullet points are copied and pasted into the comment section the styling drops out. It would be a helpful addition to the prototype feedback feature.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like to suggest to have a notification somewhere to inform the viewers that the prototype has been updated so that the current viewers could refresh the page. If a developer is looking at it, he wouldnt realise that there were changes made to the screen as there is no indicator of new changes. So every time I shared my prototype again, I had to inform the team (through slack or trello) that I've made some updates so that they could refresh the page to look at changes made to the screens.

I don't want it interrupt ongoing presentations or…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Basically, I think it would be great if you had general web buttons/tabs/text/form fields eg. bootstrap themed kit. that gave you elements to drag and drop would help speed up process. Also pre-set layout themes of basic simple web page that has already been laid out and can edit from there. eg.. Simple one page webpage layout with header.. nav.. footer.. and gallery section.. etc. Would really help get someone off to good start with a concept built instead of having to build it all from ground up.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Always in a spirit to save time, it will be great to coloring monochrome bitmap with pipette without Photoshop.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There are not many professionals who like the creative cloud. It's cumbersome, awkward to use, not user friendly and slow. It's like the UI for the Typekit website - not fit for purpose. For some of the exciting features you have shown at MAX, history states and multi-user document access, please don't tie these to Creative cloud. Don't let 'Adobe' bully you into using legacy frameworks to support innovation. A lot of pro users will want to decide the place they write data to or use their own cloud service. For example, some of the worst performance I have seen…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would love it if the color palette automatically turns into a color picker if you move your mouse outside of the color box (like it does in photoshop). It's so much quicker and easier to select colors that way.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a field in the inspector to see the percentage scaling of a given asset on the board. This would be good for bitmap images, so you can see if they are scaled at 100% or not. Contextual menus to reset scaling would be very nice.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)