Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. The Share button that appears at the top of the selected artboard is super annoying. I have clicked on it 100 times accidentally when I want to rename or move an artboard :( And it directly generates a new link! Horror. If you wan to keep this function - please move it somewhere else. Prototyping mode or actually the Share mode fit this button better.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. As an Adobe Xd user that uses many artboards & different stack groups, I would like for pasted items to align with the rest of the stack group when adding more objects instead of pasting in the exact same coordinates that it's pasted from.

See video attached for example:
    1. I copy an object that I want in a different stack (this can be any object on any artboard)
    2. I double-click into the stack group to paste the new object.
    3. Paste the object
    4. The resulting object is pasted at the exact coordinates that it was copied from…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Let's say you're designing a switch, and you want to hint to the user that it can toggle with a tap, so you want it to bounce gently when hovered over. It would be great to be able to auto-animate to a different state, then immediately auto-animate back to the previous state upon completion of the first action.

The ability to stack actions would allow for complex interactions with the least amount of user interaction.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hey good people!

Would be great if we have a new trigger for "click-outside" elements.I know that some ways to hack this feature, but would be so much easier to handle state changes on complex components if we could select a click-outside element trigger.

Thank you, folks! Adobe XD is awesome!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Let's say I create a simple button component. Then I want to have an outlined button. Then I want to have both buttons have a state containing an icon. Then I want all these to have a hover, active, and disabled states. On top of all this, I want a version of all of this for light mode and a version for dark mode.

See where I am getting at? I am creating a design system that my team can reuse for their designs. Many of the components I am trying to create are fairly complex and creating a separate…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make a shortcut for creating a "Hover state" from components. Ctrl/command+H is available.

Making component is easy with Command/Ctrl+K. 3 secs is wasted dragging the mouse to click on the (+) to create "Hover state".

Implementing a shortcut would be productive.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When designing components in XD, I create components with placeholder content.

Example: I Have a widget with a title 'Expenses' and placeholder content '$X,XXX.XX'. I do this because I have a variety of screens with the widget that has different values in the placeholder content. Ex: '$9,473.56' or '$7,120.58'.

Whenever I change the master component to update the design, all the instances of placeholder content I created are reverted back to '$X,XXX.XX'.

I need a way to to keep certain texts fields in components from changing when updating components.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. XD is becoming dominant, and I love the Guide featured added in XD. However, the guide can be even further improved if you add a feature allowing duplicate the guide or create a guide using the guide itself.

Details:
    Unlike Photoshop and Illustrator, XD artboards don't have a fixed ruler on the interface. Guides can be added from the top and left artboard borders, which is fine. The issue is when we are working with a zoomed level on any object, the top and left edge of the artboard is not accessible, and creating a guide either we have to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Would like the concept of being able to mark 'hide' for specific artboards from the Prototype view.

This would allow artboards to exist within the same XD file for reference but not display at all when in Prototype mode navigating through the screens.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have a situation where I want a mask to reveal its fixed-position contents, but I don't appear to be able to do that. I don't see any reason that the mask and its contents should be inherently related, even if you want to set it that way by default (when the mask is attached) - I should be able to select either of them and select/deselect the "Fix position when scrolling" toggle.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. FontBase is a very popular tool for managing fonts. FontBase works with many other Adobe programs, like Photoshop, but it does not work with XD. The most recent update declared that this is not a FontBase problem, this is an XD problem. Please fix so these are compatible.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide ability to make XD files available publicly via cloud documents as a URL link (only those who have URL link can access the cloud document). This makes it easy to share UI kits with users who are not part of the organization. Users can then link assets from this URL link and keep synced with changes to the kits.

Currently, we have to share XD files directly with the user and the user needs to upload the XD files to their cloud documents to link assets from the XD file. Any changes to the XD file would require re-uploading…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It's a very good thing that we can now easily share colors between projects. But to be really useful, we need to change a linked color on a specific project.

I work on multiple projects based on the same UI library. Each projects has its own main color.

I created a project to maintain all my atomic elements and my other projects use those linked elements. But for now, when you use a linked color you can't change it on one project only so I can't use your great new feature for sharing assets between projects.

Here is how it…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like a preference or checkbox or some way to disable the welcome screen (that intro screen that pops up after closing a project with the headline "Design. Prototype. Share."

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Recently XD updated its app to have the ability to have a polygon tool. This is great, unfortunately we are only able to change the radius of the corners across the entire object. It would be great to be able to, for instance, make only one corner in a triangle round, without having to do masks for each corner.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have 2 files, lets say A file and B file. in A file I have a big component (like header) and I want to use a small component (button) created in the B file in this bigger component present in the A file. I use the big component in both files. Now it works like that: I have to go the file A and insert a copy of the small component into the big one. The problem is when I update the small component master - it turns out that the update will not be made in the bigger…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Xd is perfect to design experiences and interfaces. But as UX designer i also need to work with Axure.

I realy need a plugin that would allow to exports my designs to Axure so i could build prototypes easily.

Thank you

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add ability to use nonbreaking space between words.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Design Systems: Documentation syncs between design system and projects. an online resource where all design related documentation is stored, Colors, Typography, Assets, UI Patterns and more.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)