Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When downloading PNG assets from the Design Specs link, we always run them through an optimizer like TinyPNG to reduce size even further. It would be great if the PNGs were already optimized so the team could skip this extra step.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. A keyboard shortcut that takes you to the previous visited artboard.

Imagine you have loads of artboards. One of them holds all your icons and other assets. You visit this artboard quite often to copy assets and then pasting them on your current working artboard. After copying an asset the next step would normally be a combination of zooming out, dragging and the zooming into the working artboard where you paste the asset.

Wouldn´t it be nice with a keyboard shortcut doing this stuff instead. Even greater would be if you could achieve this command in combination with your mouse…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I just need to be able to drag .psd and .ai files from the desktop/finder/explorer and drop them into an open XD project—the same as jpeg/png drag & drop currently works—when a photograph or logo is needed that is saved in one of these other formats.

I appreciate the much more sophisticated methods of importing psd/ai that are already available, but I simply need to drop in a flat image or vector when needed.

This is honestly the primary issue that keeps me from using XD.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I face this issue everytime when I export any asset. The solution for this is simple. If we can make XD to remember different saving path for different files.

For example:
    There are two files Project1.xd and Project2.xd

Suppose we are working on "Project1.xd" and we exported some assets to path "D:\Project1\Assets". Everything is fine.

Now we are working on "Project2.xd" and we want to export some assets. We selected the path "D:\Project2\Assets". No issues till now.

Now the problem comes in. Now we again worked on "Project1.xd" and again we want to export assets. Now we find the path…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Current functionality is to mark a layer for batch export, which works, but is kind of odd when a symbol is used in multiple places (marking a random one for export feels sort of odd and hard to trace), and when in a repeat grid, for example, marks each instance in the repeat grid for export (meaning duplicates of the same asset in the design spec).

It would make more sense from my end to be able to mark a symbol for export as well, that way the mental model is more system-oriented, and allows for one place to handle…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. With the Jan 2018 update, the color picker layout have been changed and at the moment it is not possible to see HEX and HSB values at the same time. Instead, we have a switch which allows you to see either HEX, RGB or HSB values at a given time.

This is slowing down my workflow and (I am guessing) the workflow of other designers.

I need HEX for coding or for inputting colors I know by heart quickly, while I need HSB to edit existing colors adjusting hue, saturation and brightness manually.

After this change, we are forced to…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. zoom option for previewing artboard in android mobile Adobe XD app. I just made mobile UI and and it's height is too big so when I preview on android mobile app it's too small and I want to view in fit mode or maybe there will be better if there is zooming option.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please provide the ability to design VR applications and prototype them in such a way that the user or the developer will be able to understand the VR application design concept laid out before them.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When resizing an object that has a width with decimals (eg. 200.3 px) to snap to an other object that has a different width the object snaps and but still has a decimal of .3 px no matter what the other object's width is. Hence the two objects are not equal in width and have to be manually adjusted in the properties panel.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve converted this to a feature request, as this is currently working as expected. Often, forcing things to snap to the pixel can introduce warping, and so we default to maintaining the existing size.

-Elaine

10. When you export icons to SVG format, you need artboard to fit the illustrations for clear SVG code. Like Adobe Illustrator.

Now XD adds superfluous information like transform().

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi,

Can you give us more details about your workflow and how the transform impacts you?

Cheers,
    M.

11. Content move-down handle like in Muse

It would be incredibly helpful to have a move-down handle (like there is in Muse) to move all of your content down on a page and have the page auto-resize. As of now, you have to resize the page and guess at how long it should be, then select all of the elements you want to move down, move them and then change the page size again...inefficient. Muse does this part right!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. UI Kits with browser bars for web development. Include the fundamentals like Chrome, IE/Edge, Safari.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a preview for visual feedback when designing transitions in prototyping.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want you guys to implement and make a splash screen for XD too. Not just for aesthetics style, and not just to be inline with Adobe CC apps too, but to show immediacy to the XD app instead of a plain grey color on the splash, a clever workaround to make transition on launching the XD to showing the Start page, but on users like me, time is precious, and on that grey page, some users on old and slow machine, or let say you're a known multitasker and have so many apps running with you, you'll end up…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. For better user experience one of the most important rules is to keep the measure between 45 and 75 characters per line, this will ensure the text stays readable across the various situations in which it could be read.
    I think it would be very helpful if you could provide this feature in one of the next releases.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Currently when we demo the prototype on a mobile device browser, the ability to "pinch" zoom is disabled.
    Often we need to zoom some details of the UI to be sure they are positioned correctly (for apps), or to simulate the true usage scenario of the web application (many web apps allow pinch zoom because users of a certain age have difficulty reading small characters and want the option to zoom enabled).
    Please allow the "pinch" zoom gesture on the prototype demo as an option when exporting the interactive prototype.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I don't think I need to explain the usefulness of this feature. Cmd D to transform again (like in Illustrator) is a beautiful thing. Am i missing something or is this really not there?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add the option to change a single element in repeated grid without breaking the entire grid or changing the other elements in it. This is important for designing single elements interactions in list. For example if I want to expand / select / change an element of a repeated grid, I need to have multiple "states" of each elements (ie. expanded, collapsed, selected, deselected, etc.).
    This can be obtained simply assigning additional graphic elements (positioned outside the device canvas) to the repeated grid. Once assigned as a "element state n°2", it would then display a floating option near each…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think the original title may have been interpreted in different ways by different people. Here’s a clarification on how we’re interpreting this request and other related ones. Feel free to adjust your votes to reflect the ones you find most important.

This request is about dynamic behavior when users are interacting with your shared prototype:

For simpler, non-interactive versions of this request, please see:

19. I'd like the ability to crop a section of a prototype when recording.

For example, if I want to record a video of clicking through a form, I don't need to show the entire layout — just the relevant section.

This would result in a better visualization tool, as well as smaller video or gif file sizes.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Working with a developer, we think it would be a good idea to mark the name of the colors of fonts… we are adding in the asset panel in the panel right to the app.
    It will allows dev that are using the XD document locally on their computer (without the link) to watch exactly the name of the Color or the style for each element without reading informations.
    It will be also possible if the Color or the style used is focus in the asset panel.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)