Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. We need tools like Personas, User Journeys Map, Value Proposition, Business Model Canvas. Something like https://uxpressia.com

The menu should be something like

00 Strategy Mode
    01 Design Mode
    02 Prototype Mode
    03 Test Mode

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Windows 10, Wacom Intuos 4 (a pretty common setup for designers) and XD doesn't seem to work at all!

I was excited to install XD and try it out on a project. I can't select anything, place anything, basically nothing works.

This is unlike the launch version of Dimension which pretty much all works with a user's or studio's standard Adobe based computer setup.

I've seen comments about this since January 2017, still nothing?

What computer and interface setup are you targeting exactly?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Every time I update my file, I have to keep a separate document to record all the changes I made linking to the labels I placed in my XD document so that everyone in the team, especially the engineering team will know what's the difference between version 21 and version 50.

It would be great if Adobe XD can create a changelog automatically, and take screenshots of those changes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would be nice to select a group (or several) and be able to assign object-blur to all objects within, rather than having to select individual objects first. probably also applies to other common properties.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Problem:
    I often need to design with the future in mind, I need to be considering the product several releases ahead of dev. When it is time to share designs with the dev team we often spend a good portion of our conversation going over what the requirements are for the current release. Developers need to make sure what is required of them for the next release and it seems there is no way around this conversation except to spend time just removing things from the designs which I never do because, well, time.

Example:
    1. My designs might include…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sketch has a feature where it remembers the relative positioning or XY of objects within a group. So if you copy / paste from inside one group to another group you can paste items into the exact same position.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be great to include (for the first time in the Adobe products) this feature with the align tools:
    - one click -> align on the selection
    - doucle click -> align on the workspace
    So that, there's no need to have a droplist where you have to choose on what you want to align (like in Photoshop and Illustrator).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sometimes when I build a project I'm looking at the best fonts to use. The issue I have is that some fonts are not licensed for mobile when I have just designed an entire mobile app using that typography.

Font that are not licensed for mobile app use should be hidden / filtered out.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. See Example https://css3gen.com/css-background-generator/
    As a user, I can draw box
    As a user, I can set a background image on that box.
    As a user, I can Set all the background properties on that box.

background-attachment Sets whether a
    background-image is fixed or scrolls with the rest of the page
    background-clip property specifies whether an element's background, either the color or image, extends underneath its border.<
    background-color Sets the background color of an element This is already a feature.
    background-image Sets the background image for an element
    background-position Sets the starting position of a background image
    background-repeat

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When exporting artboards to a PDF, the artboard title should be included in some way.

I think this could be as simple as creating a bookmark for each artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Are there plans to add export presets for UWP apps? UWP assets are required to be 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 4x. There also needs to be a filename suffix (*.scale-100.png, *.scale-125.png, *.scale-150.png, *.scale-200.png, and *.scale-400.png).

Ideally this would be added as an option in addition to the current presets (Web, iOS, Android, UWP). Alternatively, you can allow users to make their own presets (like Sketch recently did).

Thanks for considering.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I’d love to be able to drag individual (or more at the same time) selected artboards and groups from the Layers panel out of XD, making it export as PNGs.

That way I can quickly share my designs with other people – drag and drop to Slack, email, messages etc., similar to how in Sketch you can drag the little previews from the right panel.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. While clicking through prototypes via de share link, it takes a lot of time for it to load pages. This is simply a no-go whilst presenting a prototype to customers.

Because every screen is loaded individually, when clicking on a button it takes several seconds to only load a "rollover". This a bit awkward when sitting around the table with clients who expect a clickable website.

Because online sharing is the only way to keep it clickable I have now no choice but to use Sketch instead.

Thinking out loud, I would suggest doing the following:
    - improving the server…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please support FTP to a server on export.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice if the creator (sharer) of the prototype could add footnotes to the shared prototype, separate from the comments.

eg. if there is a conditional object. this hypothetical object on the page should only be there when the user has a message, I'd like to be able to add a footnote to inform the shareholders on this condition. Footnotes would be used for these function-specific notes, and comments would be used for feedback and discussion.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pls add clipboard integration for Vector Shapes from AI and Photoshop as well as transparent bitmap layers from PS.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You should already be able to copy and paste vectors from both Illustrator and Photoshop. In Photoshop, you’ll need to copy as vector in order to paste into XD. For more about both, please read: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/working-with-external-assets.html

I believe we also support transparent bitmap layers from Photoshop as well on Mac.

Please let us know if this answers your question!

-Elaine

17. Currently, to view the full artboard name if it's masked with an ellipsis, double clicking to change the name of the artboard is required to see the name in full.

Please just let us see the full artboard name if we hover over the unmasked portion of the artboard name

Artboard naming is critical when building prototypes and assigning interactions. Need to be able to quickly see the unmasked artboard name so we know we're working on the right one.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please provide options for exporting app icon and splash automatically, in every size requested by iOS and Android (as actually XD does with general assets), avoiding a Photoshop action.
    Thank you very much.

Updated:
    App icons need to be exported at different (specific) dimensions than the typical 1x, 2x, and 3x required by in-app assets. This request specifically reflects the needs for application icons.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability is lacking to organise your artboards into some kind of chronological order – specifically when exporting all as a single file pdf for proofing. Can we please have a palette of some kind (maybe that is visible from the Window drop-down (as in Illustrator) or a link near the new layers and symbols icons at the bottom of the tools left-hand menu?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Instead of Drag / Drop images from outside of XD, an Image Library exists within XD similar to Illustrator. Images organized into named folders can be drag / drop into repeat grids, etc.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)