Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best if you file each one of your suggestions separately so that we can help merge them correctly. That being said, some of your suggestions already exist and can be upvoted.

-Elaine

3. Here is my feedback from using XD for a day.

1. You can't really figure out how to do anything without reading the tutorial. The main issue is scrolling. Needs to be more intuitive. I nknow scroll bars aren't in vogue, but that would make it possible for people to scroll. Using a large screen external monitor and mouse, you don't have touch and the touchpad isn't as convenient.

2. Selecting elements of compound objects is REALLY HARD. You can either click about 100 times until you get it, or zoom way in, click a smaller number of times, and then scroll…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when each feature request is split up into a separate feedback session, so that others can upvote. We appreciate the confusion, and hope you found that:

1. Mousewheel support for scrolling exists, similar to our other tools
    2. Ctrl+Click will direct select objects inside groups
    3. Group and ungroup are accessible in the context menu (right click)

Thanks,

-Elaine

4. Thank you very much for releasing embedding on external websites. it's really cool and helpful to show use the same prototypes in my portfolio.

I need to have few functions for the iframe.
    1. Ability to fullscreen
    2. Next and previous screen,
    3. View it on your device button show up a QR Code where user can view the app full screen on their device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, it’s a little difficult for us to split up the feedback into specific feature requests, so it would be great if you could file each one of these separately so that we can address them. That being said, it might be difficult for us to do these things within our iframe, as the commands you’re asking for need to be done in the parent HTML, not in the iframe. (Basically, you’ll need to do it on your side; it’s not something we can do on our side.)

-Elaine

5. This is not really an idea.. But the strong request to -fix- the prototype view. This is just mind boggling.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I was very excited when the latest update to XD added the Symbols feature. But I was very disappointed with the functionality of the same. These are a few suggestions I have that I would like to see in the Symbols panel!

1. Organization: There should be a way to name and organize symbols. As f now the symbols are names as 'Symbol 1', 'Symbol 2' , etc,. and their copies come up as 'Symbol 1- 1', Symbol 1- 2', etc. It would be great to be able to name the symbols so that i can see their names in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you separate out each one of your requests instead of lumping them all together. You should also search and upvote for existing ideas that match your own.

For instance:

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

7. I am a constant user of XD and I love and bet on it but I miss a better text tool like Indesign. It should also be able to edit links directly in other CC software, as Indesign does. And I've never been able to use the library to work and export the assets correctly to the developer, that should be easy, to integrate design and development more quickly, as in Sketch APPs or software like webflow. Another point is to think about how to work the microinterinterations and animations of the direct interfaces in XD. And lastly work responsive…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you file individual requests instead of all lumped together in one request.

You should definitely search for some of the improvements in the database, as many of them already exist. For instance:

As for your issue with exporting assets, you might want to check out this article I wrote about exporting assets in XD. https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Hope this helps!

-Elaine

8. Hey guys what happened to this function. Every time I use the shift + alt combo to copy paste an item, the item moves. It doesn't duplicate anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you double click the title area of an app window on macOS, the window expands to fill the screen either vertically or both vertically and horizontally (depending on the contents of the window). App windows do this in Windows as well. But XD doesn't do this. Please add this to XD. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'd like to have more tool and options that I usually find in Photoshop such as using gradients, creating styles and text styles. Most of all I'd like to create guide lines and guide lines layout, so that I could create my project only in Adobe XD.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only have one suggestion per submission. The good news is: all of these requests are already in our database. You can upvote here:

Also, linear gradients are already available on the Mac – you can drop down “Solid” from the color picker for object fills and select “Gradient.”

Thanks,

-Elaine

11. I have notice that the Mac version has more features then windows 10 version. how about a menu tool bar.( I saw some guy using gradients and he got it from the tool bar area ) would like to have layers panel like in photoshop and gradients, guides, exact for XD like Brackets use to have :( . I would like for Adobe XD to be way better than sketch app for Mac's if you could make XD have features like sketch app that would kill it. Keep up the solid work – you guys are changing the way we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file each idea individually instead of all grouped together. I’ve added some links below for you to upvote.

A few things:

Thanks,

-Elaine

12. Too bad there's no way to really create interactivity in Xd. It's basically a layout editor for static mockups. No CSS support, no typography styling, link styling, no script support, no direct html, java or anything. Can't implement live WOF setups or prototype actual events like drop-down menus, video players, live Google maps demo etc. In Axure you can do all this and more, makes Xd seem like a very limited tool. Great for fast layouts but not really a prototyping tool for autentic scenarios.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have some requests in the database already for increased interactivity features (which are on our roadmap!). You can help us prioritize by upvoting the features you need the most. For example:

Thanks,

-Elaine

13. We need the same Export for Screen dialog and features than Illustrator has. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi Adobe XD,

I am missing important features such as:

1. Single object animations (protopie uses this and is extremely nice)

2. Windows needs to be speed up to use the same amount of features as Mac OS.

3. Import videos aswell as pictures and being able to control these. (protopie also uses this)

4. More prototype features when moving from one side to another.

That is it from now. I will update this frequently when ever I stun upon missing features or something else.

• Have a nice day

/Patrick Iversen

That

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! All of these suggestions are already in the database, and you should upvote them separately. Just in general, it’s better to suggest one idea at a time so that we can merge them in manually.

Here are the stories you should upvote:

Thanks!

-Elaine

15. When deleting a frame with connections
    there should be an option to delete all those connections or change the links leading to that frame to broken or standby links. Also displaying those links as a different color would be necessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for filing this issue! Unfortunately, we asked for more information on what you’re seeing, and have not heard back three months. If you are still seeing this, please do feel free to file it again!

Thanks,
    Elaine

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Page depth (length) is definitely an insanely obvious feature. Was trying to use Xd for a new site design, and the lack of page depth controls was a glaringly obvious missing. So... it's back to Illustrator!

Xd seems obviously designed by someone who only has "a screen at a time" in mind. Anyone who actually builds sites would know instinctively, that screen geometry is merely a window on a whole scrolling page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest! Unfortunately, we asked for more clarification on your original feature request, and have not heard back in five months. If you are still interested in this issue, please do file it again!

Elaine

18. I am long-time Sketch user. There are some things I love about Sketch that makes it a valuable UI / UX design tool that Adobe XD desperately needs!

So far, I am LOVING Adobe XD and plan to continue to experiment with it. However, there are quite a few very necessary features that the XD team NEEDS to implement; especially for web developers.

1. RULERS / GUIDES (the grid is nice, but I am very much missing rulers & guides)

2. The ability to right click on text, an object made in XD, etc. and copy "CSS attributes."

3. Photoshop, Illustrator, AE, PP,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ・テキストのボールド、下線などの機能の追加を要望します。
    ・x,yの移動、オブジェクトサイズを計算できるようにして欲しいです。(320*2320/2320+100_320-100)

よろしくお願いします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

These requests already exist in UserVoice – please upvote them to support these two ideas. Please note that text bold already exists. Your typeface will need to support different font weights in order to support bold.

Text Underline – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13826292-underline-text
    Math operators – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12992463-support-math-operators-in-number-fields

Thanks,

-Elaine

これらのリクエストは既にUserVoiceに存在しています。これらの2つのアイデアをサポートするためにアップボートしてください。 太字のテキストはすでに存在していますのでご注意ください。 あなたの書体は太字をサポートするために異なるフォントの重みをサポートする必要があります。

テキストアンダーライン – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13826292-underline-text
    数学演算子 – https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12992463-support-math-operators-in-number-fields

ありがとう、

-イレーヌ

このメッセージは機械翻訳されました。

20. Currently, the shared preview size is 120*120... It would be great to be able to share previews with the same size as the artboards so people have a full preview of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)