Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It would be nice if you could pan the same way as with other Adobe products using ctrl+scrolling the mouse wheel. I find myself zooming in when trying to pan.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. I had some issues with an employee who was commenting a storm of uneducated comments on some of my published prototypes.

The prototypes I post are mainly for handing off specs to developers and to discuss aspects of the UI with them. Other people outside this workflow are able and welcome to look at the prototypes. However, it is our expectation that people outside the Design-Dev relationship should refrain from making comments. If they do make a comment, they . should only make comments that pertain to their profession and not to propose design changes since they are not designers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make XD Images like InDesign.

Please make the way XD manipulates and imports images exactly like InDesign. With easy resizing, cropping, and layer properties like (hard light, etc).

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently the CC window open over XD and can't be locked within it. This has made me realise why should the user need to open CC Libraries in every Adobe application every-time they go into one?

E.g. I use InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD daily and I have to open each one in each app individually? This now makes zero sense...Would it not be better to have CC Libraries as an app / extension window of it own so no matter what Adobe app you are in CC is already their and open? I hate to do the same repetitive actions…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Distribute spacing in Illustrator is such a simple yet effective command. Dragging objects around the artboard and aligning them with the mouse is fine in some situations. But when it comes to working with smaller objects it's faster and more efficient to use distribute spacing. Don't skip this amazing command for XD.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Every single time I make a box or something it adds a border stroke by default. This is so annoying as I don't want a border stroke like 90% of the times. Is this a bug or something? I'm so tired of removing that border stroke!! Please Adobe, make this nightmare go away. If you insist on forcing this upon us as default then at least make a "remember this choice" checkbox or something.

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I know you can use the mouse to drag layers into and out of groups, but it would be nice if there was a keyboard shortcut to do that as well. Or if the current keystrokes for moving layers allowed you to move layers in this way.

This has become more of an issue to me now that we can paste a layer into multiple artboards (which is awesome!). I'm still having to go in and drag my layers into the right spot after pasting. Or worse, having to cut and paste the newly-added layer into a specialized group (symbol,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Having Design Specs online is great, but it should be available inside the app too! OFFLINE.

Thanks in advance.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to view or record the prototype based on the artboard that was used. Since there's already a list of specific artboards (iphonex, ipad, android etc.).

The idea is when you publish a prototype there would be an option if you want it to be view on a device. Same as when recording it.

352 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. import transformed texts from PSD with transformation, maybe make them svg

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently when you open a XD document , it opens very much zoomed out.

It could be nice that when you open a document, all artboards fit to the screen.

It would only save a few seconds but using the software on a daily basis and these seconds add up eventually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please 'save as default' padding / spacing on the repeat grid tool & allow for numerical input for x and y axis on repeat grid, opposed to the click & drag pink areas.

It is infuriating having to adjust and be specific to get the exact spacing I require, I need accuracy & time saving. Therefore, enter my x & y figures in a text input field in the toolbar on the right, followed by a save as default tick box or button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Preserve Scroll Position" is out! Works great!

But, it would be great if we could have this control outside (and possibly as a Global/Art Board/User Selection) of each individual "link target modal"?

Having to click the "Preserve Scroll Position" button on EVERY LINK I WANT IT TO WORK ON IS TEDIOUS AND AGGRAVATING.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A simple example. We create 4 different artboards. (1200px, 992px, 768px, 576px)
    2. Connect in prototype mode from left to right.
    3. We check in preview mode.

Now when we click anywhere, our artboards will change from the largest to the smallest.

It can be seen that after each change, the Preview window keeps the beginner value. In this case 1200px.

I would like it to automatically adjust the size of the preview window to the width of the artboard.

This will be a very good solution for a better view of responsiveness.

You can do it in two ways.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be very helpful that if you have a data that could be a pattern that the repeat grid would follow this pattern much like spreadsheeting tools do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be great if Adobe XD will support the upcoming Sets feature on Windows 10.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I copy HEX color codes to clipboard in Design Specs, I can get the color code like this:

FF12BF

FFFFFF

But, sometimes I want to get the color code like this:

ff12bf

ffffff

Or like this:

ff12bf

fff

Or like this:

FF12BF

FFF

So, I want to choose HEX color code rules in Design Specs.
    I think that engineers will support XD by responding to various coding rules.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Love to have copy rotation tool. It's very helpful for icon design.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would love to be able to open XD files from other sources than Creative Cloud. At work we use Dropbox as our source of truth. It would be great to browse Dropbox or Files app on the iPad (and iPhone) and retrieve the prototype for testing it on a device. As for now I need to make a duplicate of my file and move it to Adobe CC to find it, it’s quite tedious.

I´m not talking about tethering, only being able to access files outside of Creative Cloud.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dear Adobe, could you please NOT add borders to my desktop design layout canvas when previewed in prototype mode? I don't want a black background surrounding the outside area of my screen, all I want is to be able set that color myself so the open layout can be showed as intended. So if the bg color of my desktop design is orange I don't want a black background outside my layout in fullscreen. It is totally pointless and it makes it utterly impossible to demonstrate and open design where the layout is fixed where I have set it and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)