Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Going from UX to UI I need to give my client a general word/character count so a copy writer can write to what the design is. Would be great to have a "show word/character count" somehow integrated. I currently copy paste everything into a word counting tool, and then document the word counts in a PDF. Super time consuming.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Shortcut for color picker and import of hex directly to color library.

First off, great tool you have created so far. Secondly I wanted to propose to have shortcuts for the color picker. I find the new version pretty great already, but what I am really missing is a shortcut, similar to that of photoshop, illustrator, indesign, …
    My guess is that since you have 3 distinct colors to choose (fill, outline and gradient) this poses a problem. I was wondering, if you still can’t make a version, like that of PS. Press "i" to choose the tool (should be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Use pixel values for letter-spacing and line height rather than whatever Adobe uses right now so that it's easier to translate the specs to CSS

Use percentages or relative values to size objects and type.
    eg: I want this object to be 50% of the artboard width

Add padding and margin pixel values to text to generate buttons. Similar to how you are able to create buttons out of text in illustrator (see: https://youtu.be/fiTnlCCXTBo?t=1m46s)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 345 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently, you have to hit either Cmd+S or ESC to exit a text box once you've finished modifying. Deselect All (Cmd+Shift+A) doesn't do that for you the same way it does in Illustrator and InDesign. It'd be nice to have that as an option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Google recently introduced gallery.io for design & development collaboration. This would be a great addition to Adobe XD

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Break a large text box into separate point text. I have a list that I pasted onto a text box. I want to break that text box into point text for each line with one click.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I work for a large ad agency. Currently we design in InDesign and export a PDF with margins to route through the agency and to and from our large, lucrative client. The margins are essential because we annotate the files. The PDF goes from department to department where stakeholders comment. The PDF is created by the art dept and lands back there and comments are addressed after it makes it's rounds.

We would need to be able to create margins on our PDF exports to hold the anotations in order to even consider using XD. I think that one tweak…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it possible to design & prototype your Adobe Portfolio first in Adobe XD. Make the Theme Assets available for XD to plan the experience of the site first.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Typekit has included a spectacular coloured font for the benefit of Photoshop & Illustrator users. (Even InDesign doesn't have it.) So are the developers going to allow XD to become one of the chosen few? Its inclusion could be part of a major overhaul of the usable fonts for this software.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I run a user test, I like to use the generated link. During a user test, it is often useful to use the little home button at the bottom of the page. In fullscreen view, this button is unavailable. When not in fullscreen view, the artboard is represented quite small compared tt the browser window, making features less distinct. Could you either:

1. Add the home button to the fullscreen view or
    2. Make the area for displaying the artboard in the non-fullscreen view, larger
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to line up text of different sizes not in the same point text frame on the baseline rather than have the text align to the supposed bounding box. Illustrator does it right. See the screenshots attached to see what the difference is. Browsers align to the text baseline, so XD should handle it the same way without me needing to draw a line to do it. It’s a waste of time.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If you use blue to indicate interactive elements of your prototype, the blue flashing of Hotspot Hints are not visible. The ability to change this colour would be welcome. Thanks.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There is nothing worse than people flicking through your interactive wireframes as if they were looking at a PDF or PowerPoint presentation. I see this all the time where people forgot to INTERACT with the wireframes and just press the arrow keys on their keyboard to navigate.

It's imperative when sharing interactive wireframes that people shift their mindset to that of a user, and use the built navigation.

Please can you add some option to disable "navigation" using the cursor keys. Having this feature on a fully wired prototype goes against the very point of creating interactive wireframes.

Thanks.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Right now I can't control the images used in my project.. For an example.. I'm building a website and put a image in the background. I needed to change it and I accidentally dragged an image in TIFF format with 85mb. After that I replace that image with the correct one. Now my project has doubled in size and I can not "delete" it from the project... It seems to be still there in the .XD file...

I do not know if this is a cache problem or something like that ..

But I believe that software should have a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow searching of Adobe Stock like in Photoshop and illustrator

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Perhaps more of a Behance feature request, but would be cool to have the ability to choose iPhone/mobile skins when embedding prototypes in Behance.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be nice to get a notification when a specs link has been updated. This could be a browser notification or another way.

Because now when I make a change tot the design, I have to send everyone a email asking to them to refresh their browser to see the changes.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Any UI Kit for Google Glass Enterprise?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. when I open my psd files in XD the line height/soft returns/space before and after paragraphs gets messed up-- can't use XD until this is fixed

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)