Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It would be great if we had an option of whatever we want to select group or specific layer via select tool default options. I guess it's much more frequently used to pick just one element instead of picking whole group.

So for me, for example, it would be much easier if by default it would be to just pick one emelement by click, rather then to press CMD all the time i want to change something inside of group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. First, thanks for the great new feature of fixed elements / sticky objects. It's wonderful, and simple.

I found that they're very easy to setup, but a pain to maintain. Once you add any other objects to a page with a fixed element, your new object is on top in z-order. So every single time you add an object, you have to remember to bring your fixed elements to the front again. If you forget to do this, your fixed elements will end up being covered up by the new one. Since your new objects may be way below the…

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We need to be able to output design specs to PDF - not all of our clients can access the design specs URLs due to security constraints on their networks so being able to email static PDF design specs is essential to what we do.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The new incrustation mode is very useless but it's too bad not to be able to change the overlay screen. For example when we want to make a menu with interactions within the menu to navigate we can't use this mode because we can't change the overlayed screen.

You can see my idea in the attachment.

Good luck and congratulation for the previous update !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Positioning an overlay is really approximate as it only works by using the mouse, without any indication of its position. Whether it is the distance from the artboard edges, or to other existing elements on the artboard.

Would be great to be able to move an overlay using the keyboard arrow for better accuracy, as well as being able to toggle the overlay position by pressing "alt" (as this already exists in design mode)

Thanks guys!

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to be able to define for overlays that they are open by default when I get to a page. That would enable me to close and reopen the overlay again without having to build another full page with the overlay in it (and I could use the overlay-specific animations rather than having to switch to a completely new page). The use case is a menu that stays open by default, but can be closed if the user wants to. If this is already possible, please let me know how, thx!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently overlays always display at the top of the layers panel. This makes creating sliders or other elements difficult. Add the ability to move overlays beneath other objects.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fantastic features: Overlays, and Fixed elements
    Here are a few improvements I'd like to see.

• Overlays support Fixed headers and Footers, scrolling content.... But now the drop shadows can't be used on the elements because they get cut off. Allow the overlay to be shadowed, or allow the shadows to bleed out from the overlay contents.

OLD
    - Scroll Underlying content: I'd like to have a left panel come sliding in, and still be able to scroll the underlying page. Example: Toolbar slides in, scroll the content of the page.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Would love to see a feature to helps create a coded design system for asset management and seamless developer handoff. Thanks!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. First of all, congrats on the new update, it's awesome!

One of the most awaited features for me was the fixed/sticky option. One thing that got in my mind after trying it was making something "stick" after scrolling, like a "go back top" button, which you don't want to have before you actually start scrolling.

412 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When exporting "single" selected artboard, I would like to have a control over the exported artbard file name.

Now, each time I am exporting new artboard version, I am forced to create a separate folder.

I also export the same artboard few times in a row to present some idea but with different visibility of individual artboard element. Creating folder each time for such export is a nightmare.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a button to flip a gradient (as is possible in Illustrator).

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'd love it if the gradients operated more like they do in apps like Illustrator where, holding option, one can copy a gradient color from one point to another.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would do well to all of us if we could connect our projects to an existing domain address and have it LIVE.
    I believe that this feature would be most appreciated by everyone since it allows us to be able to create a website or app the way we want and then be able to put it LIVE right away.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I have issue with SVG generated by XD for usage in Icon Font generator. I use this one: https://www.npmjs.com/package/gulp-iconfont

There is online generator:
    http://nfroidure.github.io/svgiconfont/

I attach one example file generate by XD: heart-xd.svg
    Result: https://cl.ly/272g0m1g202H/Image%202018-06-11%20at%208.16.09%20odp..png

And one re-saved by Illustrator: heart-illustator.svg
    Result: https://cl.ly/28382e3k2v0C/Image%202018-06-11%20at%208.16.56%20odp..png

Because if I open the svg in illustrator and re-save it, it'll work fine. I am suspecting the svg syntax in XD doesn't work properly.

I got information that XD SVG does not export bezier point data so scenario you’re describing is expected with how the feature is currently designed.

Maybe connected to this request:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/31672270-better-svg-export

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be nice to have a measurement tool in the toolbox area that allows the designer to create redline layers. Fireworks used to have a ruler tool that would allow something like this. Once a design is approved, it can be quickly marked up with padding and margin spacing info in the same document without having to go to a third party tool.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If you guys could include in the assets panel a way of saving styles for borders, so that we can easily apply it to elements in our designs, it would be great.
    Functionality wise it would basically be the same as as for the other assets in the assets panel.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When scrolling through artboards it happens very unnaturally. As soon as my finger moves 1cm it swipes to the next artboard.

A more natural behavior is that the artboard swipes "with my finger".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Possibility to export png as 9patch images is very useful to deliver assets to developers correctly, specially when we design android apps.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)