Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. It is not easy to manage all the colors and styles in a design in XD

There is no overall design specs for all artboards in the design specs nor in XD, making it hard to review all design styles in 1 place.
    Colors and Character Styles in assets can't be use as style guide/ in app design specs, the current version is not favoring this function

Something similar to this suggestion is needed but with more function
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34285129-integrate-designs-specs-inside-adobexd

[Second feature request moved to: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/34705201]

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I'm doing an app and i'm getting a lot of views. It would be great if we could add an ID to views/elements and write somewhere (a console maybe ?) something like "for each view that contains this ID, add this button" or "change the background color".
    I think it would makes us gain a lot of time.
    It could be a feature for those who know how to code ? Or something simpler that everyone could use without coding.

Thanks for reading !

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The new overlay feature is great. But a wonderful small improvement would be to allow us to use the slide transitions but to specify where to slide in from. That way, we could have elements enter and exit from specific points on the artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When you hide layout grid in Design mode, you don't just hide it - you turn it off completely. That is a problem, becaouse when you do it, it disappears from Design Specs. So, either rename the command to "Turn off Layout grid" (because that's what really happens) and add another function for just hiding it, or allow its visibility in design spec even when its turned off.

Point is that when you do design you often hide the grid for better visibility. But - when you publish your design spec, you must remember to turn it on in all…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It's great that we can customize the height of the viewport in XD. However, it would be very useful to be able to adjust the position at where the viewport starts when entering the page in preview mode.

For example: if I'm making a screen for an instant messaging app, I want to start from the bottom of the design and scroll up the page as to see 'older' messages. But I cannot do this because the view always starts at the top.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Update messages s*ck. Please include something meaningful

Please include more meaningful "Whats new" messages for XD. Current ones are just ridiculous. Every time there is an update, message is exactly the same, some generic bs like "We always improve product and add new features". It's not an app store, it is your own product where you added this feature for a reason. I think it is not that difficult and painful to use.
    Would be really nice to know what those "New features" are without having to google them or stumble upon them accidentally.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow an Overlay to be applied to another overlay. For example, you have a dialog box Overlay and inside you want to have a drop-down menu which has an Overlay of a list of options. Currently what happens is the drop-down Overlay replaces the dialog Overlay.

I think this is something fundamental that would make Overlays even more powerful. Its omission almost feels like a bug.

262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to a be able to make my app connect to and control an external camera with a wifi or bluetooth signal. BlackMagicDesign has a camera app for ios but not android

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. オーバーレイの固定を選択式に

オーバーレイを固定にするか、スクロールに合わせて移動させるかを選択式にしてはどうか。

Selection of overlay fixing selectively

How about choosing whether to fix the overlay or move it according to the scroll?

(Translation: I would like to choose whether or not the artboard scrolls when I scroll the overlay.)

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能に

コメントのピンのカラーを選択可能にしてはどうか。
    コメント毎に選択するのは面倒なので、ユーザー各々が自分のカラーの設定を行うなど。

How about making the color of the pin of comment selectable?
    It is troublesome to select for each comment, so each user sets their own color etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 触摸板滑动优化

在支持多点触控的电脑上,使用双指在触控板上进行滑动时会出现bug,导致控件乱选择和位移,希望优化对双指滑动的支持——当使用双指在触摸板上滑动时,自由滚动画布

On computers that support multi-touch, there will be bugs when using two fingers to slide on the touchpad, causing the controls to be randomly selected and shifted, hoping to optimize the support for two-finger sliding - when using two fingers on the touchpad Free scrolling canvas when sliding

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Design Specs have quickly become an integral part of our workflow. It would be incredibly helpful if there was an option on Save that would allow you to Publish a Design Spec at the same time, thereby making it so every time the designer saves, the developer can have updated Design Specs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. having fixed elements, such a the nav, on page transitions.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We need the Shutterstock plugin like Photoshop and Illustrator's one

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Upload the .xd-file as well as exporting pngs when publishing the link for the prototype or the design specs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I was excited to hear that the June 2018 update included Math Calculations which I what I upvoted. I was surprised you said it was completed but I felt like it's not there yet.

So here's my problem that I still ran into many times.

I have a responsive website project with more than 100 artboards. If I change the footer height size by -40px, that means I would have to go to each artboard to manually change the height size of the artboard by -40px as well.

I thought I could select all 100 artboards of different height size…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It wode be really good that designers to have capabilities to design with components which can be used separately or combined into a new component because today technologies are relying on this concepts example React, ReactNative ... This feature would give designers the capability to build consistent design systems.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I think the styles are really helpful. Would be more convenient if they were accessible at the typeface settings in the inspector though. When I am dealing with type in a design, or parts of a design I am generally looking at the right side of the screen, whereas the left side with all the symbols, colors, etc is more for the whole document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to automatically sync document colours + character styles without manually having to click the plus icon.

Problem:
    Unless you remember to constantly update these the document can quickly lead to inconsistencies between what is on the screen and what is in the assets. The more screens and the bigger the project the harder this is to manage and reference what you have used in other places, which is critical for digital design.

Solution:
    If a new colour or font was added to a screen it would appear under assets automatically. If it was deleted from the screen it would…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We need to have version control for prototypes so when developers are reviewing the prototype, they can look back at a previously shared versions of the prototype.

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)