Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. How to view this problem, create a large desktop canvas (e.g. 1000px wide), make a smaller overlay (e.g. 500px wide), perfectly position your overlay where you want it to show/be triggered from. Then change the transition type (e.g. from dissolve to slide left). Now I have to reposition my overlay again as it's position has been removed when I changed transition type.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Symbols are fine when all instances are the same size, like on mobile.

When designing for the web, we tend to create classes for everything and reuse them in various components that may NOT be the same size. We define stuff like a button's colour, border radius, text style and so on, but we do not define width, height etc.

Right now XD is does not let us be productive when designing such interfaces.

This is all implemented very nicely in InDesign's Object Styles, albeit with much more detail there.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I am working in a bank. And using a tool that requires you to log in another site (logging in Adobe account to use Adobe XD) is forbidden.
    We are hoping we can use Adobe XD offline or at least have an enterprise solution that allows the usage of Adobe XD within the corporate servers only.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Currently you can only have one character style for a given set of parameters, however it might be nice to have duplicate character styles. For example h3 in tablet might match up with h4 on desktop, but it's confusing for them to share a single style.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would love to have the ability to splitscreen. Sometimes I want to copy things from other screens that are a long way apart, and scrolling back and forth is annoying and I can't open a second instance of the app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. If you go to Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Adobe+Headquarters/@37.3179093,-121.8738215,14.73z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x808fcca5b2cb83d7:0xe2d0d2f40784e22!8m2!3d37.3307703!4d-121.8940951

Please click the hamburger menu in the upper left. It creates a sliding menu that slides right. At the same time, a blur effect is added to the rest of the page.

I can't do that in Adobe XD where I can have two different types of transitions occurring at once. (Atleast I haven't figured that out yet)

If I create a sliding menu, I can use an overlay but the background is not blurred. Or I can create an entirely NEW artboard with the menu on it and the background blurred, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently we can only measure the distance between the two objects that either don't overlap or are entirely separate. It would be nice to between the top edge of two object that overlap (for example, between object B side E and object A side A, labeled as measurement 1). I would like to be able to select the edge of the object I want to measure from and see the measurement to the selected edge of another object.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Now I use photoshop to create a gradient image, but it would be much easier to implement a feature to add a gradient, with an image as a fill, instead of just a colour.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to create lists, both ordered and unordered. Lists are one of the most used strategies of UX.

The feature should include the ability to have the lines of text align with each other when the text runs to 2 or more lines (see third item in the attached).

The Repeat Grid feature is cumbersome when all I want to do is cut and paste text and turn it into a list. What Adobe is asking us to do is create 2 boxes, one for the bullet/number and one for the text, and then change each box in the…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be nice to have an arrow feature to show the visual flow. I know you can see the flow, but it would be nice to have more of a visual arrow flow.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The scroll bar for the layers window is narrow and takes precise mouse work to select it on a laptop or high resolution screen. Double the thickness so it is easy to select and drag. Great app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have read that this is not been considered as a bug.

But I think it could be helpful that if we only have selected the border attribute, this could be taken as the color to fill when clicking a global color.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve edited this slightly to reflect your feedback. As you probably know, this is currently working as designed. To apply the color to the border, you can right click the color swatch in the assets panel and select “Apply as Border.”

14. The UI of Adobe XD can be resized to some extend, but I am running in screen real estate problems with my laptop which has a 3:2 screen aspect ratio (Surface Book). The design canvas is quite narrow with both the left-hand panel and the right-hand panel opened.

However that I can hide the layers panel when designing, it is not possible to control the size of the properties panel on the right, even though I think there is some room for responsiveness here as well (see example "right-hand panel responsiveness.jpg".

My idea would be to:

• enable resizing of the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 278/5000
    It would be nice if the tool panels were draggable. It's easier to move to an XD from Photoshop if you can have layers or objects panel on the right side. 15 years of getting used to UI from other Adobe products is a big deal. This is also important for left-handers.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to assign predefined variables to properties of assets.

i.e. If I have a complicated mock-up and I want to try some different color combinations, I can assign all rectangles that represent cards to one variable, all shapes that represent headers to another, etc. etc. Then testing different color combinations becomes much more efficient.

Currently I have to go through and Individually select each asset and change the properties. Support for variables would significantly reduce design time and effort.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Especially in a group, lines gives the group additional 0.5px x and y which is so annoying for pixel purfect :D

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Objective

XD's mobile preview is less than ideal for larger organizations, due to the requirement that files must exist in Creative Cloud before the mobile app can access them. This causes friction where organizations have established file storage restrictions in services other than Creative Cloud (i.e. Google Drive, Box, etc.).

Business Case for Adobe

Rather than focusing on a tethered experience for Windows (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17453770-tethered-usb-mobile-device-preview-on-windows), I'd rather a better untethered experience that is platform agnostic, thus benefitting more users (at larger organizations) with less code.

Notes/Thoughts

The existing prototype publishing functionality currently uploads files to Adobe's servers and gives…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to be able to select multiple artboards but Xd forces you to choose each artboard by Shift + Clicking on each artboard name.

Instead, I would like to be able to Shift + Drag my cursor across multiple artboard names (the name in the top left corner of the artboard) to do a multi artboard selection.

I do not want my selection to target items inside the artboards. I want it to only select the artboards themselves.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. So when I design a prototype I might have a Home screen that goes something like this
    Home>A screen>B screen> C screen > Finish

A client might want multiple examples for the same flow so i would need to duplicate the whole flow to something like this:
    Home>a2 screen> b2 screen>c3 screen> finish

The idea:
    Enable sticky overlays if prototype goes through it, replacing key objects on the screens without the need to duplicate all of the screens and slowing the whole prototype down.
    Home>Screen 1 overlay> would result in a1 screen>b1>screen>c1 screen
    Home> screen 2 overlay would result in…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)