Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. The recently opened files show thumbnails that are too small. Also if the file names are big then I have keep hovering and waiting for a tooltip to open showing the full name.
    I would suggest to give both the options of list view and thumbnails view (with bigger sizes of thumbnails).

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started working on showing all artboards present in a Design specs link as thumbnails which will be the New page overview. We will also show which artboards have comments in it against corresponding artboard thumbnail that is shown in that page overview.

3. We need a possibility to embed prototypes and design specs into Confluence (Server version, not Cloud) since we use confluence to manage large ui and software projects. Confluence therefor is the central place to organise user stories, screen designs, prototpyes etc.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. To remove a swatch from the color picker you drag it off the popup.
    https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1063510766135853057

Well this is a bit obtuse and I only recently learned of it.

Perhaps a tooltip or a right click context menu so this feature is a bit more accessible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sometime you need a little shake effect for error or other things without moving the position of the elements

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have a group of shapes that makes up an icon. When I resize them with the mouse, or Shift+Mouse to keep the scale, it works fine. When I use the right-hand panel Width / Height inputs, the sub-shapes seem to move, but not resize. Or, if I change it quickly, some really strange stuff happens.

Version 13.1.32.8 - Windows 10

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The introduction of Auto-Animate has introduced some problems. The main two arise from objects' opacity being being set to 0% and the fact that objects need to be placed off the artboard in order to create the effect of them moving into place.

In both of these cases, the objects become invisible and in the case of the latter they either interfere with adjacent artboards or the artboards need to be placed far enough from each other to allow for the elements around them, which creates a mess.

The problem of opacity could easily be tackled by introducing a new…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The ability to print full pages from the shared prototype screen would be great.

I know you can display the prototype full screen then print, but that compresses the page horizontally and doesn't allow you to view the whole page, just what's currently in the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Selection of 'Previous Artboard' option should've been under the destination section and not in the action section of the prototype menu.

Logically Previous Artboard is a destination and not an action.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. During Adobe MAX they said that we would be able to demo our prototypes using an Alexa Echo device, but I don't see any official rollout for this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Prototyping for people who are visual impaired is almost impossible to do. With the voice feature added it has become a bit easier to fake but if two more featured would be added Adobe XD could prototype for even more users.

• Vibrations could be added within the action area. This would make sure that extra feedback could be added to certain buttons/area's instead of textual feedback. This would also mean that two actions should be possible; a vibration and a transition if necessary.
    • The VoiceOver function of iOS can't read the Adobe XD app. It doesn't distinguish buttons/area's that have…
    21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When clicking the drop down list to select an artboard to link to it would be useful to order the list of artboards by:

1) The order in which they appear in xd: Left to right and then down and across
    2), Or order by name

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I create projects for commercial web applications and I try and prototype many function points. This can lead to hundreds of links and cross-links. I would like to be able to

2) Look at the prototype links in a more text based format so I can search and replace links, bulk add links through a text editor.

OLD

1) Set a core/common link for a symbol or element so when I copy it to other pages, it keeps the link. For example, copying the "home" element to another dashboard should keep the link back to the home page.

A single,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m updating this to focus on the text management of links. In the future, please do file individual ideas in separate tickets so that we can better merge them with other ideas!

14. A possibility to define a stroke percentage value. For example do a Countdown or round progress bars.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I should be able to drag character styles defined by me and drop onto screen with default text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I used the beta version to completely redo my personal home page (fredspage.com). It looks a whole lot better now. It used to look like a variation of the examples from Head First HTML with a dated color scheme.

It allowed me to first focus on design first, and later on hand coding the implementation, a much better work flow than attempting both simultaneously.

I am a subscriber to the Adobe photographer plan and perhaps you might sell more photography plan subscriptions if you included some sort of upgrade of Xd with it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please Make more hotkeys
    Lock aspect toggle
    and Color pick like in Photoshop [just press "I" and pick color]
    this really need for productivity while designing.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Having the ability to use a mask with opacity is pretty basic. This feature has been in Illustrator since the beginning... Photoshop (of course with alpha masks) - it's in Sketch (mask mode > alpha)... pretty much all the apps... but not in XD? Why? Very strange.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow abillity to import and apply svg/png patterns & textures as "Fills".

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please provide to the Overflow plugin the prototyping links.
    Other tools just do that.

Without this feature we have to redesign all the navigation.
    Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)