Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When using background blur or object blur, I want to be able to animate blur radius using Auto-Animate. Currently it will animate the position, size, & opacity of an object but it doesn't animate its blur.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The grid system should work and look just like the columns in InDesign, the grid is a common thing for all graphic designers and making them look different across apps makes it all feel non cohesive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. sometimes there are too many artboards to handle at same time , need SHORTCUT TO SWITCH BETWEEN ARTBOARDS INSTANTLY ... PLSEASE

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If I use Speech Playback I would like to show an animated feedback at the same time. For that it should be possible to define for a time trigger the "Speech Playback"-action and the "auto-animate"-action at the same time. Right now I'm not able to combine both. I only can use a tap-trigger but that isn't a reaction of a voice input.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be nice if I could hold the alt / option key and click on a colour in the asset panel, to apply it to the border of a selected shape, instead of having to right-click and then select "Apply to border"

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be very useful to have a detailed color picker like in Ai or Ps..
    This would increase the workflow very much.

thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add corner shapes. Slanted is the most urgent as it's too basic to not already exist, but others like anti square etc would be welcomed.
    Corner radius would set the size of all or individual corners , just as for the round shape. See menu.png.

All designs are not round! This will add a lot of flexibility for shape design and allow more diversity.

Thank you.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently, holding down the alt key (Windows) shows measurements between objects much like how Sketch works. The problem though is that I can't hold both the alt key down and move an object at the same time. I typically used to like to measure distances while moving objects in Sketch, but I don't see this possibility in XD. Right now I have to measure with the alt hotkey and then move, stop, remeasure etc. I'd enjoy being able to both at the same time like Sketch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Because InDesign is such a powerful layout tool, it's textframe options are very helpful in typography (rightclick textframe > textframe options). It allows you to adjust padding inside of the text frame by the unit as well as vertical alignement.

I know there are other requests for these items separately but I believe XD is capable of having text frames similar to that of InDesign and these would belong together.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add more information to the character styles in the asset library, ie. weight and color

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When previewing for example an Apple watch up there is unnecessary black background which is confusing when the watch has a black background.

Expected preview like on the right
    Observed: Get preview like on the left

Running Adobe XD on Windows 10

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When you click on the desktop preview, dim the background if it's on the same monitor your Artboards are on. I constantly have to scroll the artboards off screen to be able to demo the preview for someone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. You should be able to fill nested repeat grids with individual data. The topic has been posted before (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/13592076-texts-in-nested-repeat-grid-s-all-elements-chages) but did not receive a lot of attention. However I do see a lot of potential here, when working with complex tabular interfaces.
    One simple use case I came across today is designing a calendar where you design a grid for the months in a year and an nested grid for the days in a month.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'd love to be able to prototype drag and drop interactions (hover effect, ability to move an item on screen, and ideally trigger when something is dropped onto an object).

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. What we usually do.. like adjusting line height, Letter space, different heading space, icon size, dpi, generating design for different screens.

So we can have a guidance to do the same.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to have a trigger for device rotation, and connect two artboards to go from one layout to another when device rotation happens.

To go further, I like to be able to switch to another artboard based on size class changes (using iOS terms). Then I could have specific layouts for various potential sizes of my app, and this would include portrait to landscape rotation.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like Adobe XD to have proper support for the new iPad Pros that was released this year.

In particular, I would like the presentations to ignore the safe areas. That helps me ensure that the UI elements I design near the bottom do not interfere with the home affordance. Maybe the right idea to convey is "full screen".

This might need to be a setting of some sort, however, because I could also be trying to demo a version on older iPad Pros, in which case the current presentation, which is inset, scaled down a little, but avoids…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The method to set a Playback action appears quite complicated for many of my course attendees to grasp (setting the Artboard handle as a Timed animation with a Speech action) and definitely too difficult to discover. It even gets worse when they try to understand why to drag the handle from destination to source (as indicated in many Help files). Why not tell users to simply click the stub to invoke the heads-up display and get that initial confusion out of the way ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it possible to fluidly transforma between objects stored as symbols, text, rectangles and elipses when using auto-animate, without converting them to paths

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It could be great to have a feature where i can open a small window that shows a highlighted part of the artboard in 100% zoom, and then in my actual workflow i can zoom into 6400%.

This way i can make very small changes to something like icons, on a pixel level, without having to zoom in and out to preview the changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →