Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. We need a way to embed XD prototypes into Confluence Cloud much like InVision currently allows. We use Confluence to communicate with customers and to handle the sharing of designs and specifications with developers, QA, Doc, etc...

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The ability to preview the current Artboard in the browser to see how the webdesign looks in the right context. Thanks :)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Select the layer you wish to keep the group name of
    2. Select all layers that should be part of the group
    3. CNTRL SHFT + G
    4. Result = Layer keeps its name using the first layer selected

When ungrouping, XD should maintain previous layer names derived from the same process. This seems to be the core of my layer challenges. That being said, I love how fast I can move in and out of layer by "layer-clicking" through the layer under my pointer.

LOVE this app now... thank you!
    LIn

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I'm working on an app that's full screen and should extend to/under the notch area, as marked red in the attached image.

The Adobe XD Android app does not allow this, it stops right under the notch instead of taking the full screen, like YouTube does for exemple.

Being able to preview how our designs interact with the notches is a must. I'm using a Nokia 7.1 (same device as in the attached image).

Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There MUST a way for XD to show the unicode ID of a FontAwesome icon/glyph in the Styles panel of a Design Spec wireframe/mockup.

I've got a team of developers freaking-out on me because they are not able to tell what the FontAwesome icon ID is in an Adobe XD mockup. I'm using FontAwesome so I do not have to re-create hundreds of required icons, but when I show a particular developer a mockup of the web-app for him to code for, it becomes a nightmare for me and developer figuring out all the specifics of each individual icon. They…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Whenever I try to highlight type so I can make a change, the type does not get highlighted, instead it creates a new text area. XD should work the same way Illustrator does when it comes to highlighting, selecting, editing type.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'd like to take a picture a "napkin" sketch in the XD app, and in the app create hotspots and links to other "napkin" pictures.

Each picture would become a new artboard, which I could then replace with real designs at a later time.

Replacing images and keeping hotspots would also be valuable for faster iterations between designs and with test users.

(Marvel/ POP have similar features)

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Instead of having a fixed set of delayed times for a time trigger allow a designer to enter any time value in seconds.

The maximum trigger time of 1 second is not sufficient and as the feature currently exists it is unnecessarily limited.

If a maximum time must me added (I'm not sure that it does) it could be 60 seconds for more flexibility.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve updated the title to reflect your request. Please note that the current maximum is actually 5s, and you can type the number directly into the interaction popup.

8. On Windows 10, tested on Win 10 v1803, Adobe XD 14 (but also in previous versions), the size of the window resets to a certain size (coming from the "start/splash screen"). The size annoyingly also resets whenever an existing file gets opened. However, this size means that, e.g., the plugins submenu in the hamburger icon gets below the fold, which is annoying to me as a user and as a plugin developer regularly accessing this menu.

Since all other Windows applications I know remember their window size, I'm filing this as a bug (if it's intentional, please see this as…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Border (stroke) on text should have inside, outside, center options just like for path. the current implementation (Inside only) is pretty much useless for smaller point size text. Thanks.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto-update plugins

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Photoshop has an Actions panel, which enables users to create custom triggers for commonly used batch actions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/actions-actions-panel.html

Adobe XD action like photoshop

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When sending files to After Effects, add ability for paths that are grouped together to come in as a single shape layer, instead of multiple parented shape layers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to save images in a specific location when sending to AE. I noticed it gets saved to the local disk, but our team works on a server so that isn't ideal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It's common in all other Adobe and MacOS products to have Cmd+D to discard saving the document when closing it. So I can quickly hit Cmd+W and Cmd+D to close document without saving changes instead of working with both keyboard and a mouse.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be nice to be able to memorize the type of display of the assets by document: I often use the "grid" type and each time I open my document I have to switch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Right now, XD does not allow users to reduce or enlarge text width or height (scale). Please add the ability to independently adjust text scaling by selection (not just text box) by percent... In addition to other text attributes of course (superscript, case adjustment, paragraph indentations, etc.).

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When exporting to AE - anything that is a gradient gets rasterized even if the object is vector.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice to have the same auto-select option as Photoshop in addition to displaying the width and height of the selection: it is very common to measure spaces between elements with this method.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)