Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Frequently, when I'm just trying to drag and drop a small object, I end up accidentally resizing or transforming it. For example, notice in the attached file how small my target is if I just want to drag and drop. If SELECT were a different tool from RESIZE/TRANSFORM (like in Adobe Animate) this problem would be solved. The direct manipulation points are great when I need them, but get in the way when I don't.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. At the same time - with the press of one button - be able to align two or more objects both horizontally and vertically.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Often developers have already begun work on a design while details are being finalized. I can send a manual note that they need to refresh the design specs to see new updates, but it would be nice for a private link to send an email to all shared addresses as soon as an update has been made to the link, or to anyone who might have commented on the link for a public link. This would facilitate keeping everyone as up to date as possible. Alternatively having some kind of notification show up on the actual designs specs page saying…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export the created assets in XD into the "Components" and "Text Styles" sections in Zeplin

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need to be able to create fractions for math equations - like in Illustrator and inDesign where you select type, click a button and the numbers are formatted into and editable fraction (ie 2/3 reformatted to a proper fraction setup) - very necessary and a huge time saver

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When you do some complex transitions in prototype mode, you may have an element that is outside a mask and becomes visible in the second screen once within the mask shape.

Currently it's not possible to create a mask if some elements are outside the shape used as a mask. You need to overlap your mask elements with that shape, create a mask and then move the elements outside that shape. Could you please fix this issue?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I create a new symbol. I can rename the instances in the layers panel.
    Then, I rename the symbol in the assets panel. This overrides the custom names of the instances of my symbol.

This behavior is inconsistent with the notion of instance in Adobe XD. When I change an element of an instance, all my instances are updated accordingly. There is no notion of a master symbol.

Why can I rename an instance one by one if all the names can be overridden when renaming via the assets panel wherease any UI change in an instance directly affects all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It's very easy to create linked "prototypes" within XD - thank you...

However, the way a prototype is viewed makes seeing the "flows" that exist within it very hard.

What I would like to see is a way to export all the artboards with the prototype "linking" arrows visible and nicely rendered as a large diagram...

This diagram would be similar to the concept of "Wireflows" (https://www.nngroup.com/articles/wireflows/) and enable an easy way to produce another type of design deliverable.

I appreciate that the design specs feature sort of allows this, in that you can see see all artboards,…

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Balsamiq mockups uses the ctrl +scroll keyboard shortcut to zoom in and out. Then by simply adding Shift to that, I can click and drag my canvas around. So Ctrl+Shift+click does the same thing as Spacebar. Why is this useful? I don't need to move my hand from the Ctrl Key over to the spacebar to move around! Adobe XD feels clunkier because it's missing this AWESOME keyboard shortcut. If you don't believe me, try out Balsamiq mockups and tell me that isn't easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It'd be great if you could organize your layers into folders without grouping them on the actual artboard. It'd make selection much easier. For example, in Photoshop you can put layers in the same folder but they aren't necessarily "linked" meaning that clicking on one item doesn't select the entire group.

Currently the only way to organize your layers into folders is to physically group or link them on the actual artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. we are working on 1200px width: 12 columns, 30px margin and 72.5 column width but cant work with xd cause of decimal value problem. It is not prossible to enter 72.5 at column width.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While I understand the need for precision, creating grids that snap off-pixel actually makes designing for screens less accurate, as it often forces elements to anti-alias, leading to less crisp artwork when you output. Are you absolutely sure you need columns that are off-pixel? If so, can you explain why?

12. Scroll direction isn't natural (see Mac OS Gestures x Google Maps ixd). If I hit Command and scroll up, the art board pulls toward me on screen. It should push away from me as I scroll up. Considering we're all interaction designers here, likely designing interactive experiences, this seemed like something you'd want to address in the XD experience or at least allow as a preference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. Because there are so many XD Plugins, for better user experience, it'd be great when every plugin's developer provide a tutorial on how to use the plugin. The tutorial is to save designer time and effort to figure out how is the plugin works, but try them one by one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adobe XD needs to allow users to set a custom scratch disk. XD has no preference settings and, as far as I can see, no way to change the scratch disk from the primary drive.

As such, when I am working with large XD documents, I quickly run out of drive space on my primary drive, as it's almost full.

All other Adobe applications, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, allow you to set a different scratch disk, or even multiple scratch disks, which I have a 60 gb SSD for this sole purpose.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Repeat Grid should allow you to spread over multiple sheets. Then "undo-grid" seats each pieces into a proper layer on each sheet.

Once ungrouped and in separate layers, you should be able to reselect all shapes/groups based on similar features or symbol.

XD would keep track of the grouping/ungrouping/Grid/Ungroup Grid actions and be able to reselect all or some (manually) NOT using symbols.

I got lost in initially thinking this Grid tool was to spread from one sheet over many sheets versus using a symbol which doesn't give the same design behaviors as the grid tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add a shortcut to make some vectors pixel perfect or snap to pixel. Sometimes I create a new vector shape that in 1000% zoom looks great but then the actual size looks blurry (edges) - It is not a production bug since I have exported the artboard and it looks exactly the same (see attached)

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Under "Share for Development", I want to mark what an asset was designed for (in my case, always xxhdpi).

1) Determine on a by asset basis if this is for Android or iOS, instead of the entire project to be either iOS/Android/Web.

2) When the developer selects to export the asset, I cannot specify for them what the asset was "designed at", but I can if I export it myself from my XD project.

I design everything so it natively fits on the devices it will be demoed on, which is often xxhdpi. I also prefer how that displays on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove the visible border between artboards when transitions are activated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello Guys,

I am a visual designer and exploring adobe Xd suddenly one thing noticed my eye icon has been used for zoom in/out functionality actually use for search but adobe XD is using for zoom in/out. I was little bit confused so I chose to test this some of UX designer and visual design or normal people they got his as search icon not for Zoom in/out.

For research prospective I checked this in photoshop CC so I found zoom icon little bit different form Adobe SD and in photoshop top left corner presenting the both zoom in and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We want it to be easy to create a *.po language file directly from XD for developer. So it can be easily imported into code and be ready for translation tools.
    At the moment there is a possibility to get pdf for text but it is splittet in many pdf files. We need one pdf file to be able to extract text from that file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)