Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. We need a way to mask an image that works like photoshop or illustrator in the sense that I can scale the shape mask to the image and vice versa scale the image in the mask. There also needs the capability to select the mask or image and numerically put in the exact width and height size you want.

Like all the other Adobe Products. I am manually adjusting all my images height and size inside the masks and for sure they are not the exact same size. I am eyeballing it. If I duplicate the mask, and drag another…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I suggest adding an interactive tool in the prototype area so that you could click a box and set it to ‘tap’ and ‘textbox’ so when your using whatever it is you’ve made you can click the box and type something in. It could be anything though and not just a command word that you have decided on. You could add the same function for voice activated objects. This would then create new input and perhaps change graphs or numbers you have put in. It could be like Instagram where you have the option to access photos from your personal…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hide Blue Selection Layer Highlight (with a keyboard shortcut i.e. #H)

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make a new icon for "batch export". The same icon is used for a different part if the interface to "open in browser". One icon should never be used to convey two different meanings unless they are also labeled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Desperately need to add natural cursor behavior to the demos when they are being recorded. When I just play the demo, it behaves as it should. BUT as soon as I click the record button, it switches to that weird circle thing that doesn't represent a true desktop user experience and actually makes navigation more difficult. This seems like a no-brainer and people have been asking it for it for years.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to drop a spreadsheet on a text field within a repeat grid. Dialogue would appear, allowing user to select the desired column of data.

Super useful whenever displaying lots of data. For example, when creating layouts for mobile that are based on tables in desktop versions (see attached).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Request options in a popin before export to AE :
    - Make folders as comp > checkbox
    - Make symbols as comp > chekbox
    - Export hidden layers > checkbox
    - Export locked layers > checkbox
    - Export grid as guide > checkbox

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As a user who works with design systems and color palettes often, it would speed up my workflow considerably, if I could select a color swatch directly without opening the color palette.
    A quick selector that openes on hover and shows the swatches could be a nice solution.
    Or color shortcuts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I have had a need to present a design and be in control. Our client can't use software for screen sharing and being able to show them a prototype and direct the exploration would be extremely beneficial. I remember seeing a feature like this somewhere but I am not remembering where.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A better way to create sections for screens like Invision and Zeplin.
    Current way is making it difficult for developers to track down screens.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be nice to have a list of people who logged in the prototype and date/time, to be aware of who accessed it.

I had a security issue in a confidential project and it would be useful to measure the extension of the leak before changing the password.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I sometimes need to adjust the position of the trademark or register trademark icons in my screens, after changing the size, but I cannot because there is no baseline shift.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The gird layout seems to work automatically which isn't correct and not how web design works from a coding point of view.

I simply want to have 45px margins on the left and right with a 12 grid column. It's IMPOSSIBLE to do this. It keeps re-adjusting things.

Is this suppose to work like this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shortcut for deselecting all elements that are marked for export.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Some way to know the original resolution of a bitmap image after it has been imported and/or resized, so you can make an educated decision when creating assets.

It’s impossible to know the resolution if you have been handed a file from someone else on your team

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This is a small cosmetic suggestion. I find myself posting prototypes for review and new ideas come up so I edit and "Update" the shared link. I keep hitting update, but sometimes I feel like I just hit it! lol I know its a silly one but it would be SUPER NICE if it shows you a "last updated 30 sec ago..." or something like that. This way instead of spending time hitting update multiple times I can focus more on design. Hope others agree and we can make this happen. I know this is a small request, but I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 257 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Radio to see resolved comments. Once I mark comment as resolved, never get the content back (or to see, how many comments there was...)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The may overlap other requests, apologies if it does. The ability to drag along a line is fantastic but if we could drag around a circle it would open up a whole lot more to your users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. To speed up typing, I believe it would be highly beneficial to change the way text properties can be changed.

Currently, when i select my type tool and initiate a text box/field, if I want to change the current text properties, I'd have to begin typing, deselect/highlight my text, change my properties, then i can continue on.

Alternatively, I think it would be handy to be able to initiate a text field and before having to type, be able to change the properties of the text you will then type.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)