Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. preserve scroll position for auto-animate - currently it works kinda broken/incorrectly from what wed want

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Enable the use of the left/right arrow keys in embedded prototypes in order to give users possibility to scroll artboards. I know it works if all artboards are not wired, but it should work also if these are wired. Like in prototypes or preview. It is not clear why is it excluded from embed mode.

Some prototypes have multiple clickable hotspots so users have to search for them and learn their way through. Giving them possibility to use common arrow keys is a way to get sure they will be able to see all artboards and find their way back…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We using in our project Font Awesome 5 pro, and i have issue with my workflow. Basically i find icon on web https://fontawesome.com and click to copy glyph or for known icons i just type "star" or "exclamation" etc. Everything works for me until i need to export data for programmers. If i mark icon for export, XD just export svg with textfield filled with glyph from font, but its useless as icon export. I need some option to mark icons to vectorize before exporting. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like an option to allow viewers of my prototypes and Design Specs to be able to download a PDF from the web viewer.

I get constant feedback from stakeholders requesting easier ways to share and view the web prototypes. Some less technical viewers are more comfortable with PDFs and I would rather not export files in addition to publishing prototypes every time I make a change.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. stack the link connection points between artboards as currently when zoomed out they overlap each other making it very unclear and hard to select them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Control prototypes with Arduino devices

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fixed elements, such as headings, bottom navigations, floating action buttons, etc, should be spaced from the artboard edge depending on their responsive-resize anchors.

Eg. a header will always be anchored to the top, so that when I resize the artboard, it will stay at the top. Therefore it's position in the prototype will be measured from the top of the screen / artboard.

So, what I am trying to say is kinda hard to explain without an example, so I made a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjslfRSa1QY

My attempt at a textual explanation below:

A floating action button, however, will be anchored to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be nice if I were able to change my selection in the layers panel using the keyboard only.

Sketch / Studio allow for iterating through the layers list using the shortcut option + tab (or option + shift + tab) in order to change selection.

This is helpful if you have to change the z-order of a lot of layers, as with the mouse you are always at risk of moving layers into groups when dragging them around in the layers panel.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When having multiple people give feedback on a prototype it would be helpful if they're comments and pins were color-coded by person. Different people have different specialties and usually have a theme to their feedback so it would be nice if it to be easy to filter each person's feedback visually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export to AE works great. I do however wish image assets would come in at @2x resolution (or even @3x as an option?). This way the comp wouldn’t end up blurry.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If you mark an icon for Batch Export (which creates an Asset panel in the design specs) it will remove the color being used for that icon from the Color Swatch panel.

My workaround is to duplicate my icon in my artboard so that I have a copy that isn't marked for batch export and then the color information for the icon will appear in the Colors panel in the design specs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. An option to record the work progress (via a plugin) as timelapse.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great if XD had a shape builder like Illustrator to more easily build more complex shapes. This would allow me to stay within just one application instead of having to use multiple applications. The standard boolean operators just don't cut it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Commands or input from one artboard control interface on another or multiple. A lot of my work focuses on non-traditional multi-screen setups, large installations for physical environment. Being able to set up a multi-screen design and prototype in the same XD platform would streamline workflow quite a bit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. My work involves a lot of non-traditional input devices. From gamepads to custom industrial controllers. Being able to develop middleware on my end and communicate with, let's say, a websocket API into XD would allow for much wider usage at our studio.

Ex. Websockets, UDP or TCP to control prototype interaction.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Not sure if this is something XD would do or Protopie.

Currently when exporting to Protopie there are no options aside from which artboards to send. When the elements come over they are all flattened to bitmap images. Protopie seems to have almost the exact same element types as XD but they currently do not link to one another and there is no option to select bitmap or text/editable vector. This is great for text since it means users won't need to have the fonts installed to view the prototype correctly on mobile. But it is a serious issue when…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Introduce a 'Sketched View' mode, which a designer can toggle on/off. This would effectively remove all color from an artboard/design and render lines,borders,shapes with a slightly hand drawn effect, greyscale images, etc. You may have produced a lovely design but don't want the client to initially get held up on color choices. Once layout tweaked/approved you can then turn off 'Sketched View' and re-publish for the next review stage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great if we could edit multiple character styles at once. For example, this is very useful for changing font for the entire project while keeping colors, sizes, weights etc.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In photoshop, you can hold alt and use the up and down/left and right arrows to adjust kerning, line height, baseline height, etc. Can these be added to XD?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be really helpful to be able to control Paragraph Spacing within the character styles allowing us to update the paragraph spacing globally across all text styled using that character style.

Under the current implementation paragraph spacing still needs to be updated manually across every text box on your artboards.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)