Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. My idea is to have a real looking or clay mockup like device frame when viewing prototypes like Invision studio is planning to do!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. This feature request is perfectly in line with Adobe's push to "Accelerate your Work".

Wouldn't it be great if you could drag 20 6MB images in your repeat grid, for example, and know that XD has done the awesome work of evaluating the placeholder dimensions and optimized the dimensions & dpi of your pasted images for optimal file size or image quality?

If the user is pasting 25 images in a repeat grid that has a placeholder of 320px wide, it makes no sense that the imported images be at full resolution and dimensions behind the placeholder's mask.

I'm suggesting…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. XD should be able to replicate CSS.

white-space: nowrap;

...is not reproducible on XD currently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The transition animation of shapes from one screen to the other are not supported when they are symbols.

The animation is smooth if the items are grouped but if these are symbols the animation seems to break.

In the example the bottom nav bar is a symbol in one and a grouped element in the other

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi,

Currently we have features that we develop for multiple platforms at once. This means for example we will have feature A, and during a sprint Android, iOS and WeChat developers will build the feature during the sprint.

Right now the current workflow that we have to follow is to create separate files in order to create separate links because the assets exporting forces us to choose during uploading the platform that we need assets for.

It would be much easier if we created only one link for that story / feature, and then the dev from their respective platform…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I just saw some really amazing slide decks at Adobe Max made using Adobe Xd. I make a ton of slide decks and would love to make these decks in Xd and be able to export them as Keynote files, so other people (no designers) can use and edit the same file in keynote.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The Dribbble plugin can only share static imagery. I want to immediately share my animations made in Adobe XD without going to After Effects.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Align to Pixel Grid action doesn't work when object is rotated 180

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  9. 488 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When the user wants to record the prototype that has voice trigger and voice action speech playback, when saving to mp4 video, it will also include the voice or the speech on the video.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I just need to be able to drag .psd and .ai files from the desktop/finder/explorer and drop them into an open XD project—the same as jpeg/png drag & drop currently works—when a photograph or logo is needed that is saved in one of these other formats.

I appreciate the much more sophisticated methods of importing psd/ai that are already available, but I simply need to drop in a flat image or vector when needed.

This is honestly the primary issue that keeps me from using XD.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The new drag feature is awesome, but it doesn't work with Windows touch screens. I get the fact that the feature is simple in its early days (can't animate properties like color etc), but not adding support for touch events is just simply unacceptable!

I intentionally added this as a bug report, not a feature request because this should never have been an issue! I'm disappointed that you just forgot that Windows has touch displays.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can we have a UX Plan (Like a Photographers plan Photoshop + Lightroom) so the App Designers / UX chaps can have Adobe Photoshop + Adobe XD Plan instead, as the great alternative to Sketch?

Thanks in advance for the consideration

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Do we need to have these on separate tabs? Sketch and Studio use the same window with a different tool. I feel slowed down by switching tabs constantly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It is so hard to navigate your design files when you can't see anything but just the name and app icon.

Both Adobe and Microsoft are not only mature companies but one could say - the seniors of the market. So why is it still such a big problem? Why in 2018 for most Adobe apps we can only see icons, not proper thumbnails? Patents? Money? Lack of good will?

Yes, there are 3rd party apps like mystic thumbs that would allow you to generate those thumbnails but it should be native already. So Adobe please, take some actions and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. OpenType-SVG fonts are already supported in Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign and it would be great to have them in XD as well!

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hey! It would be great to have the assets marked to export to be converted to curves when published on the design specs page.

Today, when I mark a Font Awesome icon built with ligatures for export, the devs (who export all assets in SVG) get an icon with the character from the font itself and not the vector asset.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to be able to export files from XD to Invision use Invision's 'Inspect Mode' to view object attributes, css snippets etc, which would aid in front-end development immensely. Thanks.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If I want to replace an image underneath another object I cannot use drag and drop because it will replace the topmost object instead. Since there is no way to replace an image other than drag and drop (which itself is a serious shortcoming), you should be able to drop an image onto a layer in the layers panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Designers should be able to have the Grid enabled or disabled overall, or for any artboard in addition to visible/hiddensettings. Having to enable every grid on artboards before publish seems like an unnecessary part to add to the work flow.

The Layout grid could simply have 2 Main options:

Enabled - if enabled, the developer on design specs would be able to view/hide the layout grid
    Disabled - if disabled, the developer on design specs would not be able to turn on or view the layout grid

And then the normal checkbox of viewing would still applied if "Enabled" has…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)