Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Allow edit online vía OneDrive by multiple users as Office 365.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The ability to stack animation transition types. For example: I would like to be able to have a slide transition with a dissolve on it as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I'm using newest version of XD, and have problem that can't copy group of object from AI to XD, it still work if I copy each single object, the prev version don't have this problem, thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When working on large projects it becomes hard to drag prototype links when you have 80 plus pages.

It would be great to be able to link from one xd item to another in a separate prototype file. So you can break large files into usable chunks. maybe have tabs within the artboard.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. This would be similar to holding the shift key to select multiple objects.
    In this case one would be able to select different lines of text (not contiguous)
    by holding a modifier key.

example: A user is trying to select every title in a long flow of copy. With this function they would be able to select each title in the text box and change their color, size, font, etc. all at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to set stylings of shapes and elements with a "style" similar to the graphics styles in AI.

Ideally it would function like the text styles
    It would include all the controls of the XD appearance panel.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I have used the new private prototype beta by accident, now I want to make it a public link but I am not able to. Several people are having difficulty accessing the prototype, but I have spent a long time adding comments if I make a new public link the comments are lost.

Dont see why it is not easy to just switch public or private on and off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Animated Zoom (cmd or ctrl + click + left/right panning) needs to be implemented - like in Illustrator.

I am insanely annoyed that this feature is not implemented, zooming in & out is a function that is used thousands of times a day.

Lightroom has one set of zoom functions.
    Photoshop has one set of zoom functions.
    XD has one set of zoom functions.

Some overlap, some don't.

This is stupid.

Please implement features that demonstrate consistency among your suite of apps.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I select "Save As" it would make a lot of sense to use the file's current location as the default path. Currently XD seems to use the path that was used last time when using XD, regardless of the file.

I use file number versioning alot, and I have "lost" my files multiple times just to find out them being accidentally saved into the folder of another project.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. To work faster, we should have a keyboard shortcut to turn on/off the responsive resize mode. It's a small update but it will be handy I believe.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Features like preserve scroll position and fixed elements only work with the viewport set on the artboards in XD at the moment, and not any scrolling added by the prototype viewer in the browser. I would like it to be activated also when scrolling is added by the prototype viewer in the browser.

Please see this prototype for the problem: https://xd.adobe.com/view/267a66a3-c9fa-45f6-6997-0aa455e7b854-504b/?fullscreen&hints=off

Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If you do Paste Appearance on an image it will paste everything including the bitmap data of the original, which is not useful (there's duplciate/copy function for that). I would like to paste specific attribute such as Shadow and nothign else.

Copy and paste appearance attribute e.g. Shadow

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. As a user I would like to be able to scroll through screens using Ctrl+Arrow Keys while maintaining the zoom I have on the current artboard when a single artboard is selected (or more up to you).

This would be most handy for me in when checking my designs and using Ctrl+3 which fit the screen to the window as the zoom in/out is tedious and takes up a lot of time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'd personally prefer the icons on the layers (mark as asset/batch ; lock/unlock ; view/hide) to be visible at all times and have a hover/ active state rather than being invisible until you click it.

I supposed the goal is to get used to it and remember which is where but I often find myself having to click twice or three times to find the right icon for the right action which becomes annoying.

See attachment for reference to icons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• It would be cool to have shortcuts to increase/decrease the width of elements. In Sketch you can press (cmd+left/right bracket) to do this.
    • A shortcut to rename layers would also be really helpful.
    • It would also be great to have the ability to select a layer and move it without accidentally touching other layers. In sketch you can also do this by pressing alt+cmd.

Thank you! :)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the possibility for black-to-white gradients to work as feathering for masks when clipping them to an underlying object.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would love to be able to customize the easing function - similar to how you can edit easing graphs in after effects - or the simplicity of how you can edit the easing curves in InVision Studio. This really gives a us the ability to make a product feel more custom.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be awesome if character styles were implemented in a similar way to how CSS behaves. For example, you could set a character style and then create a new character style that is based on the previous style which has some overridden style changes (like color, for example), BUT it the second character style would still maintain a link to the first.

This could be similar to how the cascade works in CSS or how nested styles works currently in InDesign

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Maybe a XML file that set the colors of the UI.
    Example:

<themes>
    <theme name="Monokay">
    <toolbarIconsColor>#fff</toolbarIcons>
    <toolbarBackgroundColor>#000</toolbarBackgroundColor>
    <propertiesBackgroundColor>#000</propertiesBackgroundColor>
    </theme>
    </themes>

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)