Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Users should have different statuses like admin, able to leave comments, just watch, disallow access to specific areas of the prototype.

• sometimes users have to be able to look over an prototype but not to comment

• some users might watch specific parts of a prototype but shell not see others

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. While an object is selected (Select arrow tool), I would like to press the "F - key" on the keyboard, to enable (temporarily the eyedropper and grab the color from artboard. The same would work for grabbing the border colour with lets say "B - key".
    In other words: when we press the F or B key on the keyboard - cursor changes (until key is released) from Arrow to Eyedropper.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Should be able to randomise repeat grid. For example, if I have only 4 images/content but want to show more than 4 on the screen to maybe scroll or create a pattern, so it shouldn't look monotonous, so the repeat might happen randomly. There could be a check mark saying 'Randomize'.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Realize that this was "fixed" by removing borders for prototypes, but I am now having an issue with designs that use a white background color.

It is hard to tell the boundaries of the viewport. Feel like it will be impossible to satisfy everyone with a default setting.

Any way we could choose to add a border color to our prototypes?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be awesome if every time I opened the wrong file, after closing it, I would still get the initial screen where I can choose another file.

As of right now, the project closes and I have to reopen the application to choose another file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. When closing a file, can we please have the option for hotkeys as in D for Don't Save, and S for Save, like InDesign, etc; eliminating the need to actually click on the button

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to request that the text box be really tight against text/letters which would really help in calculating the amount of pixels between text instead of the text box. If you made this change it would really make mine and a lot of people's lives easier. Keep on rocking XD!!!

• Felipe
    51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Especially on long artboards that viewers may have seen before, it would be useful to click on a comment and have it scroll to the comment's location, directed attention to the relevant portion of the page that needs to be addressed. Currently when you hover on a comment in the side bar, it highlights the comment on the artboard, but if the comment is not in the visible area, this is not very useful.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When previewing a Prototype, hide or use thin, unobtrusive "mobile" scroll bar on Mobile-specified artboards. The standard browser scrollbar is too wide - which interferes with touchpoints and is not representative of a true mobile experience.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide accessibility to export style guides so that it can be used by developers to design it.
    For Ex: If a project contains 10 variations of text and a color palette, allowing to export those values would be of great help to develop the designs made.

I am attaching a sample image for the idea I am trying to project.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Asset names and text boxes should become editable when the F2 key is pressed since F2 is universally known as the 'edit' key. It allows for a more efficient workflow.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There needs to be a better way or an alternative way to download assets from the design specs for developers. Right now, you would have to set each asset on each page to be able to be downloaded. This works great for a single page, but when you have a ton of pages representing either different states or different parts of the flow, it's hard to remember or even know which page you can download which asset from.

Most assets that get used are made into symbols, so it would be great to be able to set the symbols to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. if you change a simple text or colour XD file created as separate New XD File, thus when if edit 300mb - 1gb file then we have to upload full size file to creative cloud if change a simple text change or colour change saved file created as a file which should be uploaded as full size file so if can achieve this only changes can uploaded instead of Full File.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Current functionality is to mark a layer for batch export, which works, but is kind of odd when a symbol is used in multiple places (marking a random one for export feels sort of odd and hard to trace), and when in a repeat grid, for example, marks each instance in the repeat grid for export (meaning duplicates of the same asset in the design spec).

It would make more sense from my end to be able to mark a symbol for export as well, that way the mental model is more system-oriented, and allows for one place to handle…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to see dimensions and measurements of objects in percent.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Now that you guys have added an excellent feature which allows us to download assets from design specs link. please provide a shortcut key to mark for batch export action. because finding things in the layers panel and then right-clicking is very tedious.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I see that now the design specs allows the developers to extract design assets. Totally cool! Good job!

One problem is that right now I have to mark my design spec specifically for one platform (ios, android or web). But sometimes we designers club those in one single file as separate group of artboards for simplicity. In such situations this feature is a problem. Both android and ios developers are using the same design spec, but only one of them can extract the assets.

I would suggest to remove the platform selection option while publishing and provide platform selection to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It gets a little crazy when there are a lot of objects and a lot of groups. It would be really cool if you could drag down through the lock/visibility icons like you could in Photoshop or Illustrator to very quickly show/hide or lock/unlock a series of items instead of having to keep creating deeper and deeper groups.

Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If I want to create 3D elements and objects for use with Microsoft Teams I should be able to quickly and easily mock all this up in XD.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hololens+1st+line+work+demo&view=detail&mid=5B35A2CF22AEB5096FCC5B35A2CF22AEB5096FCC&FORM=VIRE

Fast forward into 2:20. I want to prototype that type of experience in XD. Go get the Redmond partners to build some bridgeware here....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)