Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I've seen hundreds of newbies get their hands on Xd for the first time, and they always hit the separate corners button before setting the desired value, not understanding that the value entry box is already related to the button on the left. Please re-arrange them and use a more conventional and intuitive mapping of these buttons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Got it! Thanks for the clarification and the suggestion. I’ve edited the title to be more concise and applicable to your suggestion, and I’ll leave it open for others to upvote.

2. I had the luxury of using Adobe XD on a Microsoft Surface Studio, for a whole week. Designing and controlling a project with your fingers at such a large screen sure feels great, but... didn't anyone of the XD team ever notice that the connection handles are just too small to touch and drag ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A keyboard shortcut that takes you to the previous visited artboard.

Imagine you have loads of artboards. One of them holds all your icons and other assets. You visit this artboard quite often to copy assets and then pasting them on your current working artboard. After copying an asset the next step would normally be a combination of zooming out, dragging and the zooming into the working artboard where you paste the asset.

Wouldn´t it be nice with a keyboard shortcut doing this stuff instead. Even greater would be if you could achieve this command in combination with your mouse…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Clear alignment of objects relative to each other. This means that if we want to align one object to the center of another, it must be aligned exactly to the center, even if the dimensions of the object being aligned are not even. For example,10,4x12, 8px.

Now it is implemented as in the picture in the attachment and it is very inconvenient, because you have to align the input coordinates XY manually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please make able view recent opened files in Windows Timeline
    when i press Win+Tab.

Thanks in advance.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. If you select multiple items (artboards?) on the screen, please print out the number of items selected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to create a endless slow moving animation in an endless cycle but the option for 5 seconds is too fast. I would like to have the flexibility to up its time duration.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please Make the Arc Tool like in Figma

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is it possible to make the names of automatic tables? By working on ten tables, I will always have to name them with the prefix numbers (1 onboarding screens / 2 landing screens / 3 ....)
    when I get to board 20, I want to add a board between 4 and 5, so I have to manually rewrite and number all the other cards that follow.
    It is too boring to spend a lot of time each time manually updating the numbers.

Thank you for thinking of a solution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We would like to have the ability for a user previewing an XD prototype to use interface components in the prototype that would cause data to be displayed in the prototype from a Google Sheet. This would allow us to test earlier in our product development cycle.

For an example of this requested feature, let's say we are prototyping a Google style text search application. The interface contains a simple search text input field and a button. The data being queried would exist in a Google Sheet.

The requested feature would allow the user testing the prototype to type in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When option-dragging an artboard handle, all of the elements on the artboard remain left-justified. I would expect this function to keep all elements centered on the board. I believe this is how it used to function.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When I animate drop-shadows on an element it doesn't animate with the rest of the element. Only after the element has animated does the shadow jump instantaneously from value set A to value set B.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hello Folks,

Since layer names become more important. My idea is to have the group name proposed by Adobe XD.

This mainly makes sense if there is a textfield contained in the group and we could leverage this very specific text field entry to populate a default name for the group.

So let's imagine I am designing a list of contacts and I will create several people cards would contain elements as Name (filled with Robert), Phone number, Picture and card background.

If by grouping XD would allow me to reuse the input with in a textfield as group name…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Assets can already be downloaded from design specs, as per:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/design-specs-for-developers.html#Extractassetsfordesignspecs
    ...but progressive JPG is not a supported format for bitmaps. Can we get this feature?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to be able to export my elements as SVG from Design Specs with bitmaps linked or embedded, the same way I can on the local system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I find that sometimes the description of the plugins are difficult to understand. Im not sure if the plugin is right for me. If the plugin developers could get the option to upload a preview video or screenshot/gif of the functionality so that the user could get some more info before installing – that would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I am not sure this is a bug or a feature request. But I am using the boolean intersect operation to intersect 2 vector shapes. I am then animating the intersection. But soon as I reach the masked object bounds or just beyond it the boolean intersection undoes itself. I have attached a video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be wonderful if we could open projects not only from our own CC but from anywhere on our phone - in case someone sends us an xd file via email for instance or if we download one and wish to open it from a file manger.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preserve animations with export to After Effects.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)