Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. There is no hotspot for giving a hint that an artboard is scrollable.

We got it for buttons when clicking outside an clickable area. But there is not hints for scrollable artboards.

It is easy to forget to look for that feature and it makes the end user to miss out of content.

Posted a video of showing the problem. There could be an hint that there is more content to view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I'd love to see a pre-existing material gallery combined with materials I've added myself over time. Icons, buttons, etc. With a search engine of course ..
    Just drag and throw into your project.
    In the project itself, the icon will appear as a symbol. Independent from the material gallery and editable

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. As some features are still missing (like multiple grids for different screensizes) our team is using artboards as UIkits within the file. We use this for prototyping & design (standard block definition, assets, …).

It would be great to have "artboard options", to say those pages should never be shown in XDlinks or pdf's.

You could potentially solve multiple artboard-issues this way, for exporting, sitemap creation, namegiving, artboard grouping, etc.

Possibility for artboard options:

• Show artboard when exporting to file
    • Show artboard when exporting XD link
    • Gridstyles
    • Select master for artboard (like Indesign)
    • Artboard grouping…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I need color in 8-digit hex code (with transparency). And the color code should be displayed in Design Specs too. And it would be great if first two digits of alpha channel to stay a bit apart visually for easy perception, but not be divided with space to correctly copy/pasted

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I feel like this was raised and marked as "addressed" by the design specs feature but isn't actually addressed.

Essentially we need to be able to markup / annotate wireframes with feature specs . It would be functionally similar to the commenting feature but
    - they're specifications, not comments - it's a one off note not back and forth conversation
    - they can be rendered with/alongside the designs as an export option so it can be signed off by the client and archived for governance
    - the feature should be available via the XD App and stored in the XD…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I saw you recently embedding third-party support (like Zeppelin) and I was wondering if you have "Haiku" on the screen.

I think that their strategy, to do animations and export them directly in any code is fantastic and it would be great if you could import XD-Files directly (like they do with Sketch right now).

https://www.haiku.ai/

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would really like to see the masking features of Photoshop in Xd. In terms of masking Xd is really lacking. People would really appreciate if they can use the shortcuts like Alt+click on layer to direct mask and other similar features of photoshop.

Its really frustrating to keep switching between Photoshop and Xd while making an UI

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add support for exporting to these file formats(.wmf and .emf)
    This is valuable to allow maximum flexibility and reduce spacing costs on cloud storage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. With the Jan 2018 update, the color picker layout have been changed and at the moment it is not possible to see HEX and HSB values at the same time. Instead, we have a switch which allows you to see either HEX, RGB or HSB values at a given time.

This is slowing down my workflow and (I am guessing) the workflow of other designers.

I need HEX for coding or for inputting colors I know by heart quickly, while I need HSB to edit existing colors adjusting hue, saturation and brightness manually.

After this change, we are forced to…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Use (or have the option to use) a mouse-down (or touch-down) input to trigger changes instead of a full click (down+up).

When doing usability testing it's possible a user might try to click and drag something. Unnecessary confusion may result when the system doesn't respond at all (because a full click is necessary to trigger a change). If we could respond to the initial -press- or mouse-down we could provide an immediate response at the time the gesture begins, mitigating confusion.

Of course drag-and-drop would be super ideal, but the ability to respond to a press response would allow us…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Editing gutter width automatically changes my margins to adjust to account for the static column size and changing gutter size. A similar thing happens when changing the column size. Other fields are getting auto set to some value when I don't want them to change. This means I'm not able to get the correct grid size at all.

It would be nice to set each one independently or have an option to lock in some values so I can eventually get the correct sized grid.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice if we could zoom in on the "Assets" pane. With a high resolution monitor, it can be very difficult to see some of the smaller assets that are designed for mobile. I currently have to drag them into the canvas where I can zoom in to see which is which.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If I have to add new content to the top or left of the grid cells inside a Repeat Grid, the left/top edges of the Repeat Grid container don't auto-expand and the content gets clipped. I have to manually move all the existing content down/right to make space, then add the new content, then move the whole Repeat Grid back to the left/upward to get the existing content back in its original position.

Also, if I have text overrides with centered text, if I edit any of the text to be long it also gets clipped, and requires similar work…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We need tools like Personas, User Journeys Map, Value Proposition, Business Model Canvas. Something like https://uxpressia.com

The menu should be something like

00 Strategy Mode
    01 Design Mode
    02 Prototype Mode
    03 Test Mode

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The integrations with Protopie and Kite are great, but both apps lack a free tier. Atomic is one of the best prototyping tools and the free tier will fill almost every need.

In fact, Adobe should acquire Atomic and make it an integral part of XD.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be great to be able to incorporate some of InDesign's character/paragraph styles into designs. Things like drop caps or paragraph rules would be a great addition to enable more editorial style designs.

( See also: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931494-paragraph-styles )

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great if the assets library in Adobe Xd be exported to the design specs. In that way developers will be able to get a general specification sheets from the designer. Designers can even create classes for each font and name the colors based on there branding standards.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be a great idea if there is an option to print the design specs on paper. Just like the option in Adobe Illustrator to print crop marks, in design specs we can create marks & regions of elements used it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi,

At the moment we are developing our WeChat Mini-program, however when sharing design specs with developers we are unable to share using WeChat's measurement units, only iOS and Android are supported.

You can find out more info about WeChat's rpx measurement units here:

http://open.wechat.com/cgi-bin/newreadtemplate?t=overseas_open/docs/mini-programs/development/framework/view/wxss

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please allow for images to be exported in "WEBP" formats.

Sketch caters for "WEBP" formats (see attached image) and it would be great if XD was able to (both read and) export to this format too.

274 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)