Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. While populating objects within a repeat grid with images is extremely handy it would also be nice to have a similar feature for symbols.

Say you design an instance of a repeat grid with a icon (as symbol) and a label (text) and then repeat it. It would be nice to then have the option to drag multiple symbols (e.g. icons of the same style and size) from the symbols sidebar onto the symbol in the repeat grid in order to build a repeated pattern from these various icons.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be nice to switch ON/OFF the assets layers panel by clicking the left edge of the XD window beside the current buttons.

I find myself switching the assets on / off depending on work size displayed on the monitor

( the opera browser has such edge )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It's hard to describe but the thing is: In Adobe XD it's not possible to to what's shown in the attachment (it's Affinity Designer). I hope you get what I mean. It's about the fact that I cant select multiple layers without also selecting the underlying layer.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Illustratorとの互換性について

Illustratorで作成したデザインをXDにペーストする際、
    レイヤー階層が保持されるようにしてほしいです。
    (デザインや指示を、レイヤーに分けて記載している為)

上記と併せて、
    表示/非表示の切り替え(目玉マーク)がやりやすくなると有難いです。

About compatibility with Illustrator

When pasting a design created with Illustrator into XD,
    Let's keep the layer hierarchy.
    (Because design and instructions are described separately in layers)

Together with the above,
    I hope it will be easier to switch display / non-display (eyeball mark).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A big contributor to the issue of people losing their work (re: Auto Save (in case of system crash)) is that the UI does little to remind users to save their work.

Yes, the page title says "<<your project name>> - edited", but the hundreds of people reporting this issue make it obvious that people don't notice this.

It sounds like auto-save is in progress, but that it will take some time. In the meantime, how about implementing some much better "HEY! You need to save your work!!!" signifiers?

thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Once a prototype is published and shared the text lacks the ability to be copied. This makes working with a remote team more difficult. It would be very helpful for developers to copy and paste the text to avoid the time and human errors of re-typing. Please add this function to the published prototype links.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Locked objects can’t be copied (alone or in a selection of objects). This makes it hard to reliably work with more complex selections.

Allow copying locked objects and their properties.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sometimes I make a lot of vectors and I keep forgetting to make them into symbols. It would be great if we can have find and replace vectors for XD. This feature could do the following:
    1. Find and replace vectors across artboard or within an artboard.
    2. Find and replace vectors of similar size, but different colour/ or different size but same shape and colour etc.
    3. Find and replace text in artboards.
    4. Convert searched vectors into Symbols.
    5. Edit all search results in one place (same as symbols)
    6. Select all search results, so that I can…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Many icon sets define a specific (often square) area that represents the boundaries for all icons. In the SVG format, this boundary is specified by the SVG viewBox attribute. Individual icons will have varying measurements for their vector shapes, e.g. a "minus" icon's vector-shape will have a larger width than height. When scaling icons, if you can rely on the viewBox size, you can scale all icons to consistent sizes (e.g. 24x24 or 48x48).

Currently when importing an SVG icon into Adobe XD, the object will have the vector-shapes measurements, so that scaling multiple icons from the same icon set…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Upon opening an XD file, it fits all artboards on the screen. It'd be really nice if it restored the last position that was used in that file. If I'm working at a certain zoom level in a specific spot - especially when there are a lot of artboards, it would be a time-saver to not have to find the right one and zoom in accordingly.

Basically just copy how Sketch does it. ;-)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a group out of some elements, convert it into a symbol and then ungroup the symbol instance. The result will be that you have the elements in the group all standalone instead of getting back your group.

Solution: When ungrouping a symbol instance convert it into a group named by the symbol's (current) label. I experienced that it is more often the case that you want to keep your element compositions grouped but only change some detail on it for specific purposes.

At the moment you have to group things twice and name the outer and inner group the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support variables like {{userName}}

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability to save drop (box) shadows to your component library within XD, as you can with colours, text styles and symbols.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Feature: Allow the creation of custom toggles that display over a canvas, similar to how the Layout Grid works.

I work with a development team, I design the look and they build it. The issue I have is sometimes the developers don't pay close attention to the spacing of my designs. Sometimes they will code a design element to be right up against a column when actually there should be a 20px padding. I think having custom toggles can help highlight these small details. I know/have workarounds to this minor issue but having an official feature for it would be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently the 'Object Blur' extends the blur outside of the object's width/height.

It would be great to have a blur option to have a hard edge instead, so if the blur continues off the bounds of the object it would not be visible (eg only blurring the interior content, not the edge).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Golden Ratio proportions are used by most of the designers, yet it is always a hassle to measure the sizes of all elements and margins between them individually.

It would be nice if the panel with artboard grids would also have a checkbox for "Snap to Golden Ratio".

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. the title says it all
    During export i don't want to be clicking and looking for the location of the export every single time.

Please make a button that resets the export location to the location of *.xd file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When you adjust the line height it should make the text box around the text adjust vertically. Right now when the "point-text" box type is selected it does not.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change the font-weight handling to numbers or identify the number associated with each weight. This is the standard implementation paradigm for developers and should be considered by the UX designers.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Switch on and off grid with W key like in InDesign

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)