Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. After reviewing shared prototype it's hard to see it there were any updates made to the file.

It would be nice to have option "notify me on updates" that will let me know whenever the author updates the prototype.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Sometimes I open files just to copy assets to another file, and move things around. I don't undo that coz sometimes I move stuff without even being aware. But when I close XD it doesn't even ask if I want to save changes. It automatically saves changes I didn't intend to save. It's very frustrating. Please give option to disable automatic save. If it automatically saves a copy on crash it's understandable, but this saves the main file. All unintended changes get saved.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Could you build a way to display variable names for color in the specs doc and the ability to write comments to developers?

Also, specs doc is not accurate when displaying colors, spacing and font sizes. You can see the workaround I built to make up for this deficiency.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would love to see the ability to place the xd previews as graphics on dimension renders and be able to choose from a list of available artboards to use in the render. This would allow me to create high quality renders of the preview on screen for pitches and also for advertising on the web and in print material for clients.

More critically, I'm hoping that dimension gets the ability to add keyframes and render video, or even just animate between saved camera positions. Having the ability to transition between xd artboards with auto animate in a rendered dimension video…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Right now it seems that I can export vector graphics as PNGs with transparent backgrounds but this is not true for PDFs. Even when I uncheck FILL, the PDF is still exported with a white fill.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. are there any plans to include a modulator feature? eg:like a low frequency oscillator (with sawtooth, sinewave etc).

this would make a wide range of generative stuff possible, animated backgrounds correlated to the fibbonaci sequence for design purposes, stuff a bit like brian eno's 77 million paintings might also be possible if a high number of modulators were able to be assigned to a single parameter like color or image for example.

also things like phasing etc in the visual domain would be possible for design purposes.

being able to modulate both colors, various aspects of pages and transitions would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give me more control over what layers will be used for animations. Currently auto-animate decides which layers are used for animated transitions based on their name. However I often have similarly named layers within a group. Not having to go trough all groups and choose new names for my layers I would like to be able to "break" auto animate connections as well as make new ones between layers myself without having to manually rename these layers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Right now, it is hard to manage overrides. Please can we have it on the right hand menu when selecting a symbol so we can override from there?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This feature request is perfectly in line with Adobe's push to "Accelerate your Work".

Wouldn't it be great if you could drag 20 6MB images in your repeat grid, for example, and know that XD has done the awesome work of evaluating the placeholder dimensions and optimized the dimensions & dpi of your pasted images for optimal file size or image quality?

If the user is pasting 25 images in a repeat grid that has a placeholder of 320px wide, it makes no sense that the imported images be at full resolution and dimensions behind the placeholder's mask.

I'm suggesting…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sometimes we have to show a mock-up and simulate mouse cursor states. It would be nice to have a ready-made library available.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When exporting "single" selected artboard, I would like to have a control over the exported artbard file name.

Now, each time I am exporting new artboard version, I am forced to create a separate folder.

I also export the same artboard few times in a row to present some idea but with different visibility of individual artboard element. Creating folder each time for such export is a nightmare.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The new layout grid is great, however: it would be useful to be able to define the total width of the layout grid with a single value. Right now you adjust it indirectly by defining the margins on either side of the grid system, which is less than useful, especially for web design.

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be nice if I were able to change my selection in the layers panel using the keyboard only.

Sketch / Studio allow for iterating through the layers list using the shortcut option + tab (or option + shift + tab) in order to change selection.

This is helpful if you have to change the z-order of a lot of layers, as with the mouse you are always at risk of moving layers into groups when dragging them around in the layers panel.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hey! It would be great to have the assets marked to export to be converted to curves when published on the design specs page.

Today, when I mark a Font Awesome icon built with ligatures for export, the devs (who export all assets in SVG) get an icon with the character from the font itself and not the vector asset.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi

It's really annoying having to press X on the instructions each time I want to use the prototyping tab. This happens if I only have one artboard and need to go into the prototyping tab to access the Fix Position tick box.

Please can we have an option to stop showing it?. (see attached)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be nice to have the same auto-select option as Photoshop in addition to displaying the width and height of the selection: it is very common to measure spaces between elements with this method.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The project view that shows thumbnails of all artboards should scale lower than 10% (2,3,4 % even) if needed - otherwise at the moment when the project file is wider it gets cut off by the browser - you can still navigate it using mouse and holding space to drag, but most devs I know find it awkward if they want to jump from screen to screen. If they use 1366px screen than often projects don't fit at 10%.

"ok.png" shows me fixing it by moving artboards into a smaller column, "bad.png" shows how it looks on screens with lower…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Thanks for adding underline text to the latest release of XD. I really appreciate the fact that you're still adding features like this. I've had a bit of a play with the underline text tool and have a few refinements that would make it more powerful.

1) Allow for custom line weight. Currently the line is just the same weight, no matter the font weight

2) Allow for custom offset to baseline

3) Allow for variable colour.

See my mockup attached for further clarification.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Not sure if I can explain this fully, but here goes. Number adjustments that are not in whole digit pixels, 205.4. When I click down or up should go to 205 or 206 respectively. Not 204.4 206.4. Maybe not necessarily a by default option, but something we can turn on. Occasionally when resizing a group of object, pixel perfect isn't well perfect. In this instance, it would be nice to fix with a quick up or down.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add more information to the character styles in the asset library, ie. weight and color

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)