Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. The ability to see dimensions and measurements of objects in percent.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When previewing a Prototype, hide or use thin, unobtrusive "mobile" scroll bar on Mobile-specified artboards. The standard browser scrollbar is too wide - which interferes with touchpoints and is not representative of a true mobile experience.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When in the design specs the layout grid should look the same as in XD it self.

I'm working on 20 column grid with no gutter, but it turns out that the border you see in XD, you don't see that in the design specs. Result: a turquoise background for the developer with no reference ;-)

I could work around it (10 column grid with gutters and setting a side margin), but I would need to do that across the entire project.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great if you could switch between Design & Prototype menus right there at the right-side panel. It's a little thing, but it would save us from moving back/forth across the screen to change menus.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Please made hot keys for "Lock/Unlock All" & "Hide/Unhide all" like it realise in Illustrator - cmd + 2 (cmd + alt + 2) & cmd + 3 (cmd + alt + 3)

Allow hot keys for hide/unhide Layout working not depending select you page or not!

Create rules and guides, please! and hot keys for it too!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. To create modal dialogs for desktop prototypes, overlays should not be dismissed when clicking outside the overlay area.
    Modal dialogs, unlike menus or tooltips, need a specific user dismissal event and it would be nice to have an option to choose how to dismiss the overlay.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can currently do this by setting a transparent rectangle in the background of your overlay. I’ll leave this open to track the issue.

7. Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...) developer often don't see them because active and inactive status is grey

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When there are raster images pasted in to the project and I want to move some objects around with pixel precision I do Cmd+"+" or Cmd+2 to zoom in (200%) which is enough for me. But blurry images make it hard to do a pixel-to-pixel alignments. 300% zoom though looks perfect (pixelated and sharp). Could you please just disable raster smoothing at 200% zoom?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  9. Have pins display in ascending order

Description: Display the order of pins in ascending order so the oldest pin is at the top and the latest pin at the bottom.

When looking at a page, you scroll down. It would just make sense to have the pins go in the same direction. Maybe give us the ability to toggle between ascending and descending.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When exporting to AE - anything that is a gradient gets rasterized even if the object is vector.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As a designer I want to export all comments so that when I go into a review I can have them as notes to review with the client.

I'll know this is done when I can view all comments by page and easily copy/paste/export them all at once. Think like a comment feed.

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I really think it would be much better to control the artboard order in the artboard section of the interface. A published prototype is viewed in the order of how artboards are placed in the workspace and the order goes from left to right and then top to bottom. I think regardless of their position the order should be arrange from the panel just like other adobe programs

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It's hard to describe but the thing is: In Adobe XD it's not possible to to what's shown in the attachment (it's Affinity Designer). I hope you get what I mean. It's about the fact that I cant select multiple layers without also selecting the underlying layer.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I face this issue everytime when I export any asset. The solution for this is simple. If we can make XD to remember different saving path for different files.

For example:
    There are two files Project1.xd and Project2.xd

Suppose we are working on "Project1.xd" and we exported some assets to path "D:\Project1\Assets". Everything is fine.

Now we are working on "Project2.xd" and we want to export some assets. We selected the path "D:\Project2\Assets". No issues till now.

Now the problem comes in. Now we again worked on "Project1.xd" and again we want to export assets. Now we find the path…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would find it useful in creating more complex and easily editable components if they could be used in boolean operations and retaining their linkage to the master component.

Right now, when I use a component in a boolean operation, the green outline becomes red and editing the master component does not affect the components that were used in the boolean.

This is one way I've seen google's material design components being implemented in Sketch and I found that approach very handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Quick font replacement is one my top needs in Illustrator, and thought it would be implemented in XD by now.

In illustrator, I tend to have few artboards and that means fewer text strings. I could, replace fonts manually most of the time but it is awesome to have the Find Type tool.

If this feature has a more appropriate place in the world, it is in XD because of the number of artboards UI design requires.

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A simple example. We create 4 different artboards. (1200px, 992px, 768px, 576px)
    2. Connect in prototype mode from left to right.
    3. We check in preview mode.

Now when we click anywhere, our artboards will change from the largest to the smallest.

It can be seen that after each change, the Preview window keeps the beginner value. In this case 1200px.

I would like it to automatically adjust the size of the preview window to the width of the artboard.

This will be a very good solution for a better view of responsiveness.

You can do it in two ways.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This issue has been raised at least once before and closed as by design. Here is the issue and request:

Repro:
    - open the layers panel
    - draw a shape
    - select it and press CTRL + K to make it a symbol
    - rename the symbol in the Layers panel
    - switch to the Assets panel
    notice: the new symbol is still named Symbol XX
    expect:
    1 - an option to name both the symbol and the instance when you first create it, so you don't have to name it twice (once in the Layers panel and again in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The artboards order should be determined by the order of artboards In the XD app, complex setups and groupings do not work well with the automatic
    left to right , top to bottom approach. It works well for simple setups

Not ones that include 30+ pages, this approach causes more problems then the time it attempts to save

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)