Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Quite simply the option to designate a stop point for a drag trigger.

ie. Drag up from a bottom menu to a 2/3 point, where it stops. Drag up a second/third etc time to bring up a sheets style menu to whatever point you would like.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. XD Version 20.2.12.1
    Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.615)

If there is a way to do this, I apologize for the post.

Almost daily, I work with "grouped" elements that represent a section of a design. For example, a panel that contains sub panels, etc. Often I want to "marquee" select several items within the panel to adjust their locations, etc., but I end up selecting the panel background and moving it instead.

It would be nice if we could lock, say, only the position of a certain element and only that element(so it doesn't move) instead of locking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When exporting Android assets, I'd like to see an option to "include dpi in asset name".

iOS assets add the @1x, @2x, @3x to the icon names, which I find useful. I would like to have the same option for Android, where mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi, etc. is added to each asset and see them all in one folder.

I export a large amount of assets every week and this could really speed up our process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Over and over again, especially when I'm using Auto-Animate to mimic a modal view, when I have the above layer "slide" outside the artboard, it then suddenly becomes attached to a near adjacent artboard. It's EXTREMELY annoying.

Maybe there needs to be a built in "margin" outside an artboard, that keeps slightly outside elements still as part of it? Or, a way to manually assign an off-artboard element to a specific artboard.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As of right now - In the property panel, text boxes with numerical values can be clicked and dragged up and down with the mouse to quickly change the value without typing.

Just like Photoshop - If I could hold down SHIFT to increase the speed of the value changing, or ALT to slow it down (for better precision) this would benefit the feature.
    For an object's rotation value, SHIFT could snap to certain angle increments. It's extremely common to rotate something by 45° or 90°.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The sidebar on the left contains "Your Work".

Maybe a link to the Creative Cloud Files folder should be there?
    Even better would be if one could customize the shortcuts like in Adobe Bridge or macOS Finder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. The preset list does not remember your last choice.

If you select the iPhone 6 Plus preset, it falls back to iPhone X the next time you open XD.

Maybe XD could remember the last chosen value?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Why is fullscreen mode scaling the artboard again? It's impossible to demo a website with 1920 canvas to a customer how has a laptop with 1280 resolution. This has suddenly changed at some point and confuses the crap out of clients.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'm working on an app that's full screen and should extend to/under the notch area, as marked red in the attached image.

The Adobe XD Android app does not allow this, it stops right under the notch instead of taking the full screen, like YouTube does for exemple.

Being able to preview how our designs interact with the notches is a must. I'm using a Nokia 7.1 (same device as in the attached image).

Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to save drop (box) shadows to your component library within XD, as you can with colours, text styles and symbols.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make it so that the style of the text you have selected highlights the style used in the left hand styles column.

ALSO please give us the option to set responsive sizes for the text styles. In other words the style sniffs the page width and selected the break point from within the style.

THANKS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add faux-italics. As of now you cannot make text italicized unless there is an italics version of the font being used. I am currently making web-app prototypes and faux-italics exists in the browser. I need a way to demonstrate this.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When viewing in the inspector mode in the browser, would be ideal to be able to select multiple elements at the same time, in order to check the total size. This is necessary for when a developer is building the layout templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A keyboard shortcut that takes you to the previous visited artboard.

Imagine you have loads of artboards. One of them holds all your icons and other assets. You visit this artboard quite often to copy assets and then pasting them on your current working artboard. After copying an asset the next step would normally be a combination of zooming out, dragging and the zooming into the working artboard where you paste the asset.

Wouldn´t it be nice with a keyboard shortcut doing this stuff instead. Even greater would be if you could achieve this command in combination with your mouse…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Whenever I make a change to my document of a multitude of artboards the system "renders trough" the whole document with all artboards altough I have only made changes to a couple of them. Would be nice if we could update them selectively, that way the process of updating the design specs would be shorter. Right now the process gets longer and longer as the document grows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I have noticed that assets that I have selected to be uploaded to my developer prototype only seems to include assets that are visible on the art board. It would be good if the developers had access to all the assets I have selected for upload in the asset panel regardless to whether they are visible on the art board or not.

I turn visibility off for some of my icons as they change in different states and it is easier to keep them layered but the ones I'm not currently using tuned off (flash on/off/auto for example)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

567 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When you do some complex transitions in prototype mode, you may have an element that is outside a mask and becomes visible in the second screen once within the mask shape.

Currently it's not possible to create a mask if some elements are outside the shape used as a mask. You need to overlap your mask elements with that shape, create a mask and then move the elements outside that shape. Could you please fix this issue?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I select "Save As" it would make a lot of sense to use the file's current location as the default path. Currently XD seems to use the path that was used last time when using XD, regardless of the file.

I use file number versioning alot, and I have "lost" my files multiple times just to find out them being accidentally saved into the folder of another project.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Most often, I reorder assets with the asset list only one column wide because reordering with it pulled out to multi-column is very confusing. The order of the assets run across each row and then down to the next column, which is fine, however, the drop placement is indicated as being a horizontal blue line ABOVE an asset, rather than between the LEFT/RIGHT sides of two assets. Since, for example, Assets 4 and 5 in the list would be next to each other rather than one on top of the other, it would make more sense for the blue bar…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)