Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. sometimes there are too many artboards to handle at same time , need SHORTCUT TO SWITCH BETWEEN ARTBOARDS INSTANTLY ... PLSEASE

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Adobe Creative Design supports svg export which is great, but the resulting svg is a little bit suboptimal. For example, if i create a simple circle, give it a stroke-width of 4 with some color and a fill
    the resulting svg contains a group element containing 2 circles, one with a fill and the other with a stroke.

It would be great if the exported svg could be cleaner. I attached some sample files. the "exported.svg" is the file exported from Adobe XD, the "edited.svg" contains the svg, which yields the same result but is cleaner.

A cleaner…

329 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

The feature that allows you to control the position of stroke: inside/center/outside was started and it will be available in the future versions of Adobe XD. Will let you know once the feature becomes available.

Cheers,
    M.

3. Need to be able to create fractions for math equations - like in Illustrator and inDesign where you select type, click a button and the numbers are formatted into and editable fraction (ie 2/3 reformatted to a proper fraction setup) - very necessary and a huge time saver

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Use a reference of external strings IDs in text fields.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'm physically disabled and cannot use my arms/hands. Is there a way to make it so it's possible to move around the screen when zoomed in please? I note it says to hold down the spacebar.... but, if you can't hold down the spacebar there's no scrollbars or onscreen way to do it? Add Adobe's hand tool maybe

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As a UX designer, one of the most important information while handing off designs is ability to explain each component in your design. Functional annotations like ON click of this button slide this page or specify error conditions or text or color changes that occur when the user interacts with that component in your design.

UXPin has a great way of annotating designs. Its a separate tab that allows developers to view the design, annotation and style guide separately. Attached is an example of UXPin does it and having this feature on Adobe XD would be great! We use Photoshop…

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When I have an artboard set to transition with a keystroke, the keystroke automatically highlights and is editable when I select an artboard. I cannot then use Ctrl 3 to zoom into that art board. Instead, it changes the keystroke to Ctrl 3.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Play a little audio cue when the prototype has finsihed updating. Of course it would be nice if one were to disable that

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A data table component with headers, columns of varying widths, alternating row colors, add/delete rows, add/delete columns - very standard stuff! See Axure, PowerPoint, Confluence, etc. etc. Should be able to paste data from an Excel worksheet. An enterprise designer like me, who deals with data-rich UIs, must have this before I can consider adopting XD as my standard tool.

Seems so obvious! But I haven't found this in other suggestions, most others focus on one aspect of a table instead of core table properties. I'd love to hear I'm just missing it somehow...

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When adding Character Styles the first character style stays on top and the other styles adds underneath that, but when adding Colors the latest added color "pushes down" the already added colors. Would like the first added Color to stay on top, I know you can change the order later but it would just speed up my workflow.

All the best!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be nice to have a "go to a specific art board" short cut, similar to "command j" in indesign

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Now that you guys have added an excellent feature which allows us to download assets from design specs link. please provide a shortcut key to mark for batch export action. because finding things in the layers panel and then right-clicking is very tedious.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to have a shortcut with which I can remove the formatting on text. If I have a text which is bold, green and 48pt, upon selecting it and pressing the shortcut, it should return the text to default appearance- ie. black color, regular weight and default font size.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I just need to be able to drag .psd and .ai files from the desktop/finder/explorer and drop them into an open XD project—the same as jpeg/png drag & drop currently works—when a photograph or logo is needed that is saved in one of these other formats.

I appreciate the much more sophisticated methods of importing psd/ai that are already available, but I simply need to drop in a flat image or vector when needed.

This is honestly the primary issue that keeps me from using XD.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Going from UX to UI I need to give my client a general word/character count so a copy writer can write to what the design is. Would be great to have a "show word/character count" somehow integrated. I currently copy paste everything into a word counting tool, and then document the word counts in a PDF. Super time consuming.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As you go through a design, objects are created and sequentially stacked on top of each other. This affects Z index and view.

Using things like self created grid/layout systems or objects that are required to stay at the top of the z index get obscure and I spend an awful lot of time reorganizing my layers. Too much time.

To save time - having the ability to "pin" the layer order of groups or objects would be amazing. Additionally, defining group/object stacking order by "pinnable" alphanumeric identification would be terrific. example:

Top Layer — Pin1
    Second to — Pin2…

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently when we share Android Layout to the developers it was showing in DP for all in specs but as per platform guidelines prefer when it is character styles specs should be "SP" it is stands for Scale independent pixels. It is same as dp unit but it is also scaled by the user's font size preference.

Preferable request is meaningful as it will not confuse to the developers hope it make sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Right before opening the project. Listed of all created projects should be able to right mouse click to drop a menu to duplicate or anything to do with outside of the project.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. After the user drops a Guide on the artboard they can 'click' the Guide Selector UI which will auto-place another guide using the same pixel measurements as the previous dropped guide.

e.g. User drops a guide at 50 pixels from the Top they then click on the Guide Selector UI element, not drag, and another guide will be automatically placed at 100 pixels from the top (+50 pixels from the previous guide).

Clicking twice on the Guide Selector UI twice in a row would auto-place 2 more guides; first at 100px and second at 150px; thereby creating a 3 guide…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When renaming layers I often use CMD+Shift+arrow keys to highlight text. I have some custom keyboard shortcuts setup for the nudge+resize plug-in that use the same CMD+Shift+arrow keys to grow or shrink items. It would be great if while I was renaming layers I could use these shortcuts to highlight text without it affecting the item I have selected on the artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →