Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Transparent PNGs do not allow color edits. Editing fills will extend to the rectangular bounds, not just the object

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be great to be able to make the design live with html 5 animations (for the prototyping mode), that would be usable as assets for the developers. As we can record a live preview of our design, it would be a great feature.

Thank you !

315 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want you guys to implement and make a splash screen for XD too. Not just for aesthetics style, and not just to be inline with Adobe CC apps too, but to show immediacy to the XD app instead of a plain grey color on the splash, a clever workaround to make transition on launching the XD to showing the Start page, but on users like me, time is precious, and on that grey page, some users on old and slow machine, or let say you're a known multitasker and have so many apps running with you, you'll end up…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The XD iOS preview app should have a 'refresh' function.

I've had the app lose connection several times, and not update even though I am still editing the document.

A 'refresh' function could re-connect to the currently open document and reload the changes made since the last update.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Windows users are used to the key binding Ctrl + Y redoing the last undo (you know, Ctrl + Z is undo, Ctrl + Y is redo), but currently, it hides the left sidebar. That gets very confusing and uncomfortable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When viewing my prototype using Preview, I would like to see the same hotspot hints that my team members will see when they view my prototype on the web.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. provide a functionality to duplicate a symbol in the library

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Many designers are very used to the shortcut for selecting nothing (cmd+shift+a) especially when editing text instead of clicking away. Would be great if that worked in XD as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Many times we need the potential to design something completely new! coding is the best way that make anything possible. allows you to explore every creative concept—not just replicate patterns. Code isn’t just for engineers. code is one of the most powerful tools a designer can have.

Thank you to integrate a programming language code for XD (javascript, coffeescript or actionscript?) to design animations and transitions, like Framer (http://framerjs.com/), that enhance unique and innovative user experiences.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Now that you can override certain parts of a symbol, it would be nice if all "versions" of a symbol would be listed in the symbols panel, allowing for a quick overview and easy reuse of altered symbols, as well as more insight over what you might lose if you apply changes to all instances of a symbol.

To further illustrate my idea I made a quick and dirty mockup which I will attach as image

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would like XD to work with InDesign in much the same manner that AI and PSD files do. This might be more of a feature request for InDesign however I imagine they both play a role in working together.

Ultimately, in order for a design to be implemented correctly, we need to provide a detailed UI specification for engineering. This specification is often worked on by interaction and visual designers which is part of what makes InDesign an ideal solution for us.

The prototyping functionality is great for communicating how a design could work, but we still need an accompanying…

322 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. well it doesn't make sense why you can only record the video when someone is on your computer trying out the prototype, and just thinking you should be able to record how someone is using it when they are overseas

342 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but you can't align an element to a locked element. You have to unlock the element first, then do your alignment, then re-lock that element. Which is kind of annoying.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If you are zoomed out you hardly can select a small shape. Maybe you should adjust the selection tolerance depending on the zoom.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Press and hold capability for buttons with the ability to specify the length of the hold.
    Also would be good to allow multiple press and holds of different lengths on the same button that go to independent destinations. Example press and hold button for 2 seconds goes to artboard a. Press and hold same button for 4 seconds goes to artboard b.

267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ideally this feature would allow an "export page as PNG" or "export all pages as PNG" function that is available while viewing on the web.

Once a prototype has been shared online, web viewers often need to export full screenshots of specific pages (or all pages). This process currently works fine if the page does not scroll, but does not work if the page is scrollable because part of the page is not visible on the screen.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. XD 0.5.4.51
    2. Inside a text block select text with either a multiple fonts or a font that is different from the target text block. Copy your selection. Next go into a different text block that has the different font selection than what you copied. Paste.
    3. It should retain the font selection from before you copied.
    4. It changes all the pasted font to the font selection of the target text block.
    144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It's currently possible to round corners on primitive shapes. As soon as additional anchor points are added, or a shape is created from scratch using the pen tool, the ability to round corners is removed.

It would be nice to have this option at all times.

296 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to see the Illustrator export to PDF window, where you have presets and total control over the PDF creation.
    Right now I had a day work, exported it as PDF pages and was terrified by the colors and quality. Had to redo all the work in Illustrator again...

So PDF export options and color profile choices.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have a couple thoughts regarding zooming and fitting to screen:

1. Currently, Ctrl - 0 fits all artboards (the entire canvas) into view, while Ctrl - 1 zooms the entire canvas to 100%. I don't like it that way. It feels weird, it doesn't feel natural. I intuitively press Ctrl - Alt - 0 trying to zoom everything to 100% (as I'd do in other Adobe products), but that shortcut is unused, and instead it's used Ctrl + 1 to do the same. I get it that it's shorter, but it feels wrong. Maybe using both shortcuts? Ctrl - Alt…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)