Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. option to set a default artboards stacking position

Option to set a default artboard stacking when duplicating an artboard to (left, right, top, down) positions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please support FTP to a server on export.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When exporting artboards to a PDF, the artboard title should be included in some way.

I think this could be as simple as creating a bookmark for each artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When you enter a width for an object, also be able to set the size using a percent.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I am not sure if you already have a request for this, however, it would be nice if we could add a border on the outside of a masked circle or square.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I often will make a box with text in it. I want to be able to opt-drag that text to make a copy in a different box. This works, but the text is part of the box+text group I've made rather than being created outside of the group (as doing a copy/paste command would do).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I like the live editing on mobile, that's a good case.

However, I'd like the ability for the mobile device to reflect where I am in my artboard when working in XD on my Mac.

Example -- I'm designing a mobile page and I scroll down to the footer; currently I'd have to manually scroll to the footer on my device to reflect what I'm working on.

Example II -- I'm in prototype mode on my Mac, and I click a button to move to a linked artboard. I'd expect this interaction to be mirrored on the mobile device, but…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Picture the following scenario: You have a very large object and a very small one. You want to resize the large object with some relation to the smaller object, which requires you to zoom in. However now that you have zoomed in, the handles for your larger object are off-screen.

It would be nice if you could either, resize an object using the entire edge as a handle, or just make the handles move along the edge so that they are always on screen, even when zooming in.

to illustrate my problem I have attached a screenshot with an indication…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We have many non-design stakeholders who need to provide input into designs and workflows. Oftentimes the easiest way to communicate with them is through a simple presentation.

It would be great if we could export our workflows/canvases into a PPT slide deck that we could annotate - with the interactions and linkages (mostly) auto-annotated in the slide's speaker notes and with the slide order (basically) being the top-down user flow.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently AdobeXD has an useful way to copy paste keeping the pasted object aligned with the original object position or pasting it in the same place relative to the original artboard.

But what is missing is a way to paste an element exactly where the mouse pointer is. Usually if I need an element somewhere in an artboard, the paste option makes it appear somewhere else, usually very far (and sometimes hidden behind other elements).
    A "Paste Here" (where my mouse pointer is when I right click) option is necessary to be able to pinpoint the exact location where to…

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great to have pre-defined animations in different design languages like material design so when we are previewing the prototype we can also preview the actual animations that will happen for lets say button. it would be great to enable people to develop such animations and share it with others so they can download a "Material Design Animation Kit", further, develop/modify it or just start using it to bring their design to life.
    this will obviously help with more satisfied customers, and developers where they have a common animation design language both beautiful and technologically implementable and standard.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I VPN to MAC within a PC environment (iRAPP via Citrix). Navigating in the application XD requires use of keyboard shortcuts, which is disabled due the nature of my secure remote-access.

Why not include a scrollbar to view panels in XD? Currently - I use the zoom-to-fit and zoom in order to view panels. It would be great to have a scroll bar within the application (as with Sketch).

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Although Adobe XD does not currently provide scrollbars to navigate the view of your content, there are several different options to pan the viewport around:

• If you have a trackpad, use two fingers to pan (if you have an Apple Magic Mouse, you can use one finger to pan)
    • Hold down Space Bar and drag the mouse
    • Use the mouse scroll wheel to pan vertically, and use Shift + scroll wheel to pan horizontally
  13. I prototype using PowerPoint. One of its best tools is using text bubbles to clarify my thoughts without the need to prototype them. It helps for lean prototyping.
    The text bubbles work by an order I declare. Each keystroke (playing a presentation) will display only one text bubble in locations it defined in the Prototype mode.

Using text bubbles helps me delivering my prototype to the customer much more effectively.

The bubbles don't have to be text, they can have images and rich media text also.

These bubbles are not comments from the stakeholder, they are created by the UX…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be very useful having one more tab after Design and Prototype called "Export" for example. It would let developers easily see all the necessary information about any element like the size and color of the text, the size of a button and it's position on the screen, and so on, and then easily export any element. From there

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As a user who needs to present UX ideas quickly to stakeholders, I would like there to be a way for me to set a default transition setting of my choice at both the file and application level.

I've found myself creating a complicated matrix of targets, only to realize that the last 20 I did (or was it 30?) have the application, default 'slide left' when yesterday, I had everything set up for my 0.1 second dissolve without an ease out.

ALT:

If not a preference setting, the ability to apply a transition globally to all targets.

Thanks everyone.…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adobe (or someone) has set the standards for scrolling art spaces for years, PS, AI, ID all do this:
    • Scroll = up and down
    • Ctrl + Scroll = Left and right
    • Alt + Scroll = zoom in and out
    • Adding Shift to any of the above options modifies the action to larger increments of scroll/zoom

Currently in XD (Windows 10)
    • Scroll = up and down (meets standard)
    • Ctrl + Scroll = zoom in and out (out of standard)
    • Alt + Scroll = zoom in and out (meets standard)
    • Shift + Scroll =…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Me again...

It would also be nice to specify whether an object's transition (animated transitions only) happens across the entire artboard or only within the objects own footprint. The effect would be similar to the Linear Wipe effect in After Effects.

e.g. I have a solid element on the right that should slide left, BUT the slide happens only within the space it occupies - effectively making it appear to disappear behind an invisible element at it's left hand edge.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I’d love to be able to drag individual (or more at the same time) selected artboards and groups from the Layers panel out of XD, making it export as PNGs.

That way I can quickly share my designs with other people – drag and drop to Slack, email, messages etc., similar to how in Sketch you can drag the little previews from the right panel.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The guides are aligned on the legt, maybe an option tot align at the right and center!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would love to work with My Typekit fonts inside XD. UX design without Character Panels such as in Illustrator is almost illegal.

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)