Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic Type

Hi, would be great to have dynamic type incorporated into prototype mode. Is there any plan to implement this in future release?

Rehan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cycle Layers

Cycle Layers

Use cycles layers just like Adobe Character Animator to create animations in the design

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add 'home artboard' as a new target artboard

Currently we can set links to any specific artboard. This is very helpful. I use it for creating a button on every slide that will take me to a contents artboard, where I can link to different flows.
    The problem in this setup is that, when in prototype mode, there are a lot of links drawn between the artboards, as each artboard is linked to the contents artboard (see attchment).
    I find this can be easily alleviated if I could link the buttons to the 'home artboard', and so it could spare having to draw the links to that artboard. …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Default desktop preview should be full screen

I would like to see the default desktop prototype view as full browser width without the title/sign-in information at top similar to Sketch. This information could be hidden somewhere or yoou provide the option when creating initial link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Visual preview of transition

Add a preview for visual feedback when designing transitions in prototyping.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Wearable Device Features

Not all interfaces are clickable and not all screens are touch screens. Some interfaces require inputs from physical buttons.
    Therefore, I'd like the ability to have a mockup image of a wearable device or smart phone behind the artboards, and then be able to create clickable regions over the "physical" buttons of the device to navigate through the interface.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tab navigation

I'd like to be able to change a subsection of a page based on my selection, like you can see at http://tabtab.be/

タブで遷移

日本語で失礼します。

現在、プロトタイプモードでは、ページ全体の遷移しかできません。
    例えば下記ページのように、タブで選択した箇所のみ情報が変わるような遷移はできないでしょうか。
    http://tabtab.be/

情報サイトでは、タブ切り替えをよく使います。
    このような遷移がプロトタイプモードで作れたら、イメージ共有がスムーズになります。
    現在この機能がないため、XDをプロジェクトで使うのをためらっております。
    ぜひ追加機能をお願いします。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to make interaction points dialog explaining functionality in prototype

Similar to Microsoft visio this feature will give users the Ability to make interaction points explaining functionality in the prototype. The user will be able to draw an arrow pointing at the element linking to the dialog box. A dialog box will give user info on functionality or explain Interaction point.
    This feature will show in prototype mode and give the option to enable in share prototype mode.

As a user, I can draw an interaction box.
    As a user, I can link interaction box to shape/element/ect.
    As a user, I can choose to enable this when I share a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Dip to Black" transition

When jumping between user flows (i.e. illustrating what a different user would see), a "dip to black" transition would be very useful. It's a powerful transition used in film editing to indicate a change in context, or time passing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Windows] Add F5 hotkey support for desktop preview

From Visual Studio to other known editors, it has been common feature that when pressing F5, the application will launch.

Why not add same key (F5) support to Adobe XD as well, that when pressing that key, the desktop preview will launch.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Trusted user testing group

I would like to have a way to invite trusted people to user test my prototypes; in fact, I would like to entrust this to a group of verified AdobeXD users. Instead of always trying to hunt down ways to user test on another platform and then get participants. I would like to turn to a set of UXers and ask for feedback. This could relate getting Adobe Points for being a tester and for providing feedback.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Go back one screen in Preview using the delete key

When viewing a preview of your design work in the current window could you make the delete key go back to the previous link please. (Just like a browser back button would do)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't show all links on artboard when anything on it is selected (Prototype link Spaghetti is not useful)

Usability bug:
    When I select a single element on a dense page (lots of prototype links) the interface shows me all the link lines. This adds a ton of noise to the page and makes it very difficult for me to find my selected items chevron to make new connection - this is especially difficult or impossible if I zoom out to find the artboard I need. I don't not see any value in displaying all the links in this scenario - please only show all the links when I ask to see all the links (command+a).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Repeat Grid: Apply wires to all grid cells

In Design mode, changes are applied to all nodes. When linking a node in Prototyping mode, I think it's relevant to have the ability to reflect those changes across all nodes as well.

A boolean option when prototyping that either let's you link them individually like it is right now or use the same value for all nodes would be very interesting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remember prototype interactions (mouse clicks) so re-recordings are easily repeatable automatically

I think it would be handy if you could set triggers in prototype to record pre defined motion paths for the video e.g: A (Home) to B (Next page) back to A.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Different pasteboard color in prototyping tab

Would be good to have a different color clipboard background to differentiate between design and prototype mode.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Keep Preview window visible when switching away from XD

When the user clicks out of the XD application, the previous window disappears. This becomes an issue when sharing a presentation file, each time you click outside (for example, when you have 2 screens with notes on feedback on the other screen). Is there any reason to ever hide that window? It should just stay up whether XD has focus or not.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Payload data based on current assets in a given design

Weight is an important aspect of Web design

• Calculate the payload based on exported assets and display data, as it influences design

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change an interaction's start point

I would like to be able to change an interaction's start point after I've already set it. In my scenario going from a low-fidelity to high-fidelity design, there were certain objects I wanted to swap in for existing hot spots.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base