Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. I'd like the ability to crop a section of a prototype when recording.

For example, if I want to record a video of clicking through a form, I don't need to show the entire layout — just the relevant section.

This would result in a better visualization tool, as well as smaller video or gif file sizes.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I'd love to have some auto arrangement in prototype mode, which might be really helpful when screens get too much and organising them turns into pain. I've seen other softwares dealing with this kind of problem very neatly.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We might use XD for a lot of different design options. Web, iOS, Android, AppleTV etc... It would be nice, for a given platform to have specific actions of protyping for the most common ones (native interaction basics). In the form of a library of interaction behaviour.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to be able to change an interaction's start point after I've already set it. In my scenario going from a low-fidelity to high-fidelity design, there were certain objects I wanted to swap in for existing hot spots.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I am not sure this is a bug or a feature request. But I am using the boolean intersect operation to intersect 2 vector shapes. I am then animating the intersection. But soon as I reach the masked object bounds or just beyond it the boolean intersection undoes itself. I have attached a video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. stack the link connection points between artboards as currently when zoomed out they overlap each other making it very unclear and hard to select them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I had the luxury of using Adobe XD on a Microsoft Surface Studio, for a whole week. Designing and controlling a project with your fingers at such a large screen sure feels great, but... didn't anyone of the XD team ever notice that the connection handles are just too small to touch and drag ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. If I want to create 3D elements and objects for use with Microsoft Teams I should be able to quickly and easily mock all this up in XD.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hololens+1st+line+work+demo&view=detail&mid=5B35A2CF22AEB5096FCC5B35A2CF22AEB5096FCC&FORM=VIRE

Fast forward into 2:20. I want to prototype that type of experience in XD. Go get the Redmond partners to build some bridgeware here....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dear Adobe, could you please NOT add borders to my desktop design layout canvas when previewed in prototype mode? I don't want a black background surrounding the outside area of my screen, all I want is to be able set that color myself so the open layout can be showed as intended. So if the bg color of my desktop design is orange I don't want a black background outside my layout in fullscreen. It is totally pointless and it makes it utterly impossible to demonstrate and open design where the layout is fixed where I have set it and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Preserve Scroll Position" is out! Works great!

But, it would be great if we could have this control outside (and possibly as a Global/Art Board/User Selection) of each individual "link target modal"?

Having to click the "Preserve Scroll Position" button on EVERY LINK I WANT IT TO WORK ON IS TEDIOUS AND AGGRAVATING.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am working on a few projects that are nearing 100 screens, and linking them starts to become a problem.

Here are a few things that I think might help the situation:

1. Use the artboards order from the side panel into the dropdown menu. I don't know how the order in the dropdown is created, maybe by time of creation of the artboard, but is certainly not by name. By doing this we can at least group the artboards and find them more easily.

2. Incorporating a search bar into the dropdown is kinda strange and confusing, so another solution for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi there,

Thanks for the new feature - password on shared prototype.
    Everything works well, except that I need to generate secured password by myself.

So, kindly add auto generate feature.

Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Loving the updates but my clients are confused. As a designer, the prototype layout makes sense — As a non-designer, it's not clear what actions should be taken.

I think the Invision prototype screen is initially more intuitive. For instance, it first opens in fullscreen mode (allowing for that first look excitement from the client) but has a sticky container that clearly tells the viewer they can take more actions to view and add comments and see additional artboards.

In short, I think the prototype needs to be catered more towards clients.

Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hi, would be great to have dynamic type incorporated into prototype mode. Is there any plan to implement this in future release?

Rehan

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cycle Layers

Use cycles layers just like Adobe Character Animator to create animations in the design

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to see the default desktop prototype view as full browser width without the title/sign-in information at top similar to Sketch. This information could be hidden somewhere or yoou provide the option when creating initial link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a preview for visual feedback when designing transitions in prototyping.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Not all interfaces are clickable and not all screens are touch screens. Some interfaces require inputs from physical buttons.
    Therefore, I'd like the ability to have a mockup image of a wearable device or smart phone behind the artboards, and then be able to create clickable regions over the "physical" buttons of the device to navigate through the interface.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When jumping between user flows (i.e. illustrating what a different user would see), a "dip to black" transition would be very useful. It's a powerful transition used in film editing to indicate a change in context, or time passing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)