Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Loop audio

Playing Audio or Motion and looping it Automatically Without need to Click or Drag or any action. its like when all actions are over i do like have to keep some motions and music playing in main menu , but at the moment i should just play audio by click or still cant have looping motion , for example on this video i liked to have some motions keeps go on clouds while menu is ready to click and also need music playing on background on without any click

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Define multiple strings at once

Make it possible to define multiple Strings by selecting all elements that are supposed to hold those strings. Saves a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lock attributes between states

When using states for controls, there is no logic in making each states a different size or label. It would save a lot of time and mistakes to lock some attributes that will always be identical between states.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. .exe export

Hi
    I needed to .exe export when I create a project demo on prototyping mode to sending this export to the manager or somebody that he doesn't have XD on his Computer.
    please add .exe export in this section.
    thank's a lot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix position with variable height

I love the fixed position in prototype mode but it only works for elements inside the initial viewport. I'd like to be able to pin an element further down the page once I scroll past it. For example share icons on a blog post, or a sub menu on a product list page.

If there could be a pixel height for when something becomes "sticky" that would work well. For example "Fix Position when 750px have been scrolled". Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A simple keyboard command to an delete interaction when in prototype mode

It is difficult delete an interaction now, (or in fact change it but that is for another day) to delete it you have to keep moving to where you want to delete an interaction from, since you have added the '+' on prototype link items.

A simple keyboard command al la 'paste interaction' would be perfect then no scrolling around the canvas will be required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. If you currently select the wire, you can press the delete key to delete the wire. If you have multiple, you can select the interaction in the property inspector and press the delete key. Are you looking for something different?

7. Draw Multiple lines at a time and attach them to one artboard at the same time

Say we have 200 artboards, and one of them is a home screen. Instead of connecting lines one-by-one to the home screen artboard, we should be able to select multiple artboards or other objects and drag them to the home sceen. So if you shift-clicked on multiple objects/artboards, then you should be able to draw a line at one time, and connect all of the artboards to the home screen.

A is the home screen, B and C are other parts, with home buttons. Instead of having to drag a from B to A, and C to A, users should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. keep audio from stopping when a new artboard pops up.

basically, when i tap the play button on a music app i'm prototyping, if i happen to tap another button or click onto another artbord, it will stop the audio. there should be a way to pause and play the audio. that would be very helpful. thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Animate paths

Defining a path the elements follow while in auto animate is a feature that will be appreciated. While creating a graph some elements have to follow the curve of the graph like a point on the graph. While animating that using auto animate, the point moves outside the graph. Yes, multiple dashboards can be used to define it but with path animation, only two artboards will be enough.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add audio playback to all interactions and don't interrupt audio

It would be great to have the audio action on triggers other than Tap. My first use case for audio used a keyboard trigger.

Also, it's disappointing that the audio playback seems to be interrupted by other screens. Without being able to play a whole audio file OR play audio on triggers like time, there's no way to do something like:

scan : play scan sound
    auto-animate loading indicator
    timer trigger navigates to error screen : play error sound

(working on industrial warehouse software so sounds are important)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mouse trigger

When designing for PCs or Macs, having the ability to trigger actions for mouse buttons would be helpful. Especially left, right, and middle buttons.

I am using Adobe XD for game interaction design and this feature would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Trigger interactions on key/gamepad button down

Another user has requested this for the mouse/touch down. This would also be beneficial for keys & gamepad triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions. An example of this input being used is a transition to an overlay radial menu for selections to be made. The radial menu would disappear if the key/button is released.

Having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multiple actions on keys & gamepad, drag, & voice triggers

The recent update for multiple actions on tap triggers is great. Please carry this functionality over to the other triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions and having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support color transitions in auto-animate

The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Convert artboard links to component states

Problem: Components quickly become convoluted and hard to track. They lose track of elements in Auto Animate. They have problems when nesting components. Still we cannot allow for two swipes on one object.

Possible Solution: Since linking artboards seems to be more stable and intuitive than components. I wish we could simply turn linked artboards into components.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't export prototype to Alexa Preview (skill) if [space] used for speech playback on first art board

In order to export an Adobe XD prototype to Alexa Preview, the first artboard must contain actual content; an empty space will result in export error. This is a new issue as previous exports have accepted a single space as content.

I wasted several hours trying to address this. My exhaustion to figure it out on my own led me to leave a 1-star rating on Amazon for the XD skill, a phone call to the Adobe support team, rescheduling a client meeting and lost wages.

My feature request:
    Make export error handling better and more descriptive.

Explicit indication that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. States be retained across canvases, and retained as children

Having a card component with a hover state, and within this card component is a checkbox.

If I hover over the card component and mark the checkbox as selected, when the card component goes back to regular mode as I am not hovering any longer - the checkbox unchecks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. interaction connector overlapping

Overlapping of multiple interaction connectors cause difficulty in selecting the arrow of interest (blue arrow in attached img) requiring clicking once on root and again on arrow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change language of speech playback

I'm brazilian and I'm using Adobe Xd in English.
    I don't know why but the speech playback is speaking in Brazilian portuguese, but I wanted it to be in English.

Let us choose the language of the speech playback. Let us choose between the available languages in the Help > Language menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. View all interactions in the property inspector when an object is selected

Currently (Xd 28) when we select an object that has interactions with different destinations, the property inspector is just blank. We need to select one of the wires to view the interactions.

It would be great to see in the property inspector an overview of all interactions associated with that object when we click on the object itself. Very similar to what we see when we click on a wire that has multiple interactions.

That should help in those moments that I start hunting my wires to understand why I can't use a certain trigger (as it is already in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base