Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Static / Fixed objects between transitions

When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,422 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-started  ·  32 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Emojis in texts are not shown on prototypes

Hello, we sometimes use emojis on our designs for increasing our conv. rates, giving the design a warm feeling at the same time.

But when surfing the prototype, user can not see the emojis, so our prototypes are not exactly what we expect from them.

Keep up the great work with XD

Regards

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Very low-fidelity wireframe kits and components

Need to have components, objects, UI kits, etc written to support, Low-Fedelity wireframes. Reason for this is their the only ones that work well with Design lead workshops and ideation workshops.
    This because the users don't get distracted and overwhelmed by details like in the high fidelity mode.

Currently use balsamiq for this, but XD should be a better alternative with this feature request implemented.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable interactions during transition

While playing (long) transitions (e.g. a 5 sec auto-animated loading animation) it is not possible to trigger any keyboard/gamepad or voice events (e.g.in order to jump to another view). This is annoying.

Click events -on the other hand - are possible to abort running transition at any time.

I reported this as bug, but was told to raise it here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Disable arrow key navigation in desktop preview

Hey Adobe, may update is great, Keyboard trigger is great but…(always a "but")
    I made a prototype that i can manipulate with the arrows and i don't want the native left and right navigation to be active when i test my prototype.
    I think a little option is missing in a general project parameters.

Thank you !

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. adding an action/trigger directly to an element or component in Prototype mode.

I would like to update allow linking or adding an action/trigger directly to an element or component in Prototype mode. This would allow a better workflow and faster turnaround time as well as allow the prototype to function better in smaller file size as well since there would be less imagery and artboards involved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Prototype preview default screen selection for multiple screen

Description
    It becomes very frustrating when you have multiple monitor setup and you work on the laptop and see the preview on the big monitor next to you. Normally how it works is that you take the XD to the monitor you want the preview to be, click on desktop preview button and then the preview opens in the big monitor on a 100% scale. Then you come back with XD to the laptop. I think if we had a setting to open the preview on the user'
    s choice of desktop with a 100% scale, it would have been…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. hover effect ( default state)

Hello, can be added button to select hover effect by default, beaucause now all time need to switch manualy after edit some of states

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need the ability to change interaction labeling by using voice command in XD.

The voice command with programmed speech playback can be of extreme use. I can have it store solutions if I say something like task 253 and it spits out the solution in voice, text, and/or another page or overlay.

Having a search filter for that area would be great too per page.

Please add me to a rewards list somewhere for the idea. : )

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/need-the-ability-to-change-interaction-labeling-by-using-voice-command-in-xd/td-p/10792493

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change a linked color on a specific consuming document

It's a very good thing that we can now easily share colors between projects. But to be really useful, we need to change a linked color on a specific project.

I work on multiple projects based on the same UI library. Each projects has its own main color.

I created a project to maintain all my atomic elements and my other projects use those linked elements. But for now, when you use a linked color you can't change it on one project only so I can't use your great new feature for sharing assets between projects.

Here is how it…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More stable and logical actions on components

Component have a lot of bugs when there is multiple instances of them (Example: Open dropdown; roll over; choose the option; validate; close dropdown etc).

The other things is about the rollout effect: When I set up a rollover effect on a specific element or group of elements inside a component, the rollout effect is not on the specific element or group of elements that I selected before for the rollover but on the entire component. It's not logical and realistic effect in the case we have a component with multiple instances inside (Example: Dropdown for filter: I open it,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mousewheel trigger

It would be usefull to allow to use the wheel of the mouse to interact between two screens in the two direction.
    for now, we can only use a clic or the keyboard to simulate a scroll. for a client, i't not easy to understand

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Shadows don't animate with auto-animate

When I animate drop-shadows on an element it doesn't animate with the rest of the element. Only after the element has animated does the shadow jump instantaneously from value set A to value set B.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. File Upload for prototyping

This would encompass more advanced input and forum tools. For example, during a user-testing session, it would be nice if the prototype could all the user to simulate uploading a file from their desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Position overlays using the Keyboard arrow

Positioning an overlay is really approximate as it only works by using the mouse, without any indication of its position. Whether it is the distance from the artboard edges, or to other existing elements on the artboard.

Would be great to be able to move an overlay using the keyboard arrow for better accuracy, as well as being able to toggle the overlay position by pressing "alt" (as this already exists in design mode)

Thanks guys!

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show component states as artboards

The explicitness of the artboards is one of the most valuable aspects that drove me into XD.

It is great for design (when you can see and edit things at once) and specially for team collaboration ("How will development see all states?" https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component-states-to-development-design-specs).

Wouldn't it be great if:
    1 - states were special (explicit) artboards, tied to the original object (like Overlays);
    2 - the single regular Interaction pane could have triggers like "Hover/Mouse in/Mouse out" and actions like "State" (instead of requiring setting up states in the Design of a component before triggering them elsewhere in Prototype);
    3…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Prototype interactions should allow both state transition and artboard transition

Component states are great but ideally it would be better to allow an interaction to do both a state transition and an artboard transition.
    So an example would be a side nav with each element triggering a transition to a different page/artboard.
    I would like clicking on the link to change the component state (decorate it for example) as well as transitioning to the target artboard

thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto-animate stroke dash and gap values

Currently the stroke width is animated with auto-animate,
    would be cool also to get the "Trim Paths"-style (After Effects) stroke
    length animation for creating animations for outlined illustrations.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. LottieFiles in design and prototypes

Possibilities of use lottiefiles (json files) on design and prototype modes with micro interactions and animations.

Lottie

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Higher Prototype Recording Resolution Oprions

In Prototype Playback mode: when recording a prototype for export to movie file, sometimes we need to export these for HD presentations. Please offer the option to export or record the video at 2x, 3x, 4x or more times resolution. This is especially important with iPhone and iWatch recordings. With all the new tweeting animation features exporting for video to be edited into presentations is getting to be much more important!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base