Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Loop audio

Playing Audio or Motion and looping it Automatically Without need to Click or Drag or any action. its like when all actions are over i do like have to keep some motions and music playing in main menu , but at the moment i should just play audio by click or still cant have looping motion , for example on this video i liked to have some motions keeps go on clouds while menu is ready to click and also need music playing on background on without any click

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support nested components more than two deep

Given I create a component with instances, inside a component with instances, inside component with instances, third level of instances appears to be disabled even if you have different components with different instances inside.

That instances would be useful, for example, for a search bar, with list of items, with a switch inside these items, with a button when that switch is enabled.

I tried to do a video explaining what I wonder to do.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Animate paths

Defining a path the elements follow while in auto animate is a feature that will be appreciated. While creating a graph some elements have to follow the curve of the graph like a point on the graph. While animating that using auto animate, the point moves outside the graph. Yes, multiple dashboards can be used to define it but with path animation, only two artboards will be enough.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fixed position items should be moved into position on export

To fix a bottom bar inside the interface to the bottom screen you have to fix it to the viewport height (Current-behavior.png). The problem is when I would like to export my mockup I expect the bottom bar on the bottom of my mockup not in the middle like inside the expected-one.png.

Because it's painful to change all your mockups to export them and after to re-move the bottom bar to have a prototype that will work properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Resize overlay if it's larger than the base artboard

Different size of main and overlay artboard causes big problem with prototype. If contents of overlay isn't bigger then a main artboard why shoud I design whole new overlay for responsive design?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keyboard shortcut for "Fix Position When Scrolling"

For your consideration, it would be awesome to have a keyboard shortcut for applying "Fix Position When Scrolling" to selected elements.

It would save me time when having to re-apply this setting to certain elements after being manipulated or grouped/un-grouped.

That's all, just a lil click-saver suggestion.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Next/Previous State interaction

Add an option to toggle between states instead of choosing a specific state to go to.
    In some cases like a gallery, carousel, counters etc, the interaction is linear and a a single next/previous interaction can apply to all states.
    It will save a lot of time and errors to define a single interaction and apply to all states.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Automatic Counters

Make auto counters a thing so that a numbered component/list can automatically change when a certain trigger is applied. Example: When adding items to a shopping cart, the number on the cart icon automatically changes when the button is clicked instead of having to manually create a list of numbers and different states for each one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Trigger interactions on key/gamepad button down

Another user has requested this for the mouse/touch down. This would also be beneficial for keys & gamepad triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions. An example of this input being used is a transition to an overlay radial menu for selections to be made. The radial menu would disappear if the key/button is released.

Having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fixed/sticky after scrolling

First of all, congrats on the new update, it's awesome!

One of the most awaited features for me was the fixed/sticky option. One thing that got in my mind after trying it was making something "stick" after scrolling, like a "go back top" button, which you don't want to have before you actually start scrolling.

298 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't export prototype to Alexa Preview (skill) if [space] used for speech playback on first art board

In order to export an Adobe XD prototype to Alexa Preview, the first artboard must contain actual content; an empty space will result in export error. This is a new issue as previous exports have accepted a single space as content.

I wasted several hours trying to address this. My exhaustion to figure it out on my own led me to leave a 1-star rating on Amazon for the XD skill, a phone call to the Adobe support team, rescheduling a client meeting and lost wages.

My feature request:
    Make export error handling better and more descriptive.

Explicit indication that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support color transitions in auto-animate

The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mask artboard interaction by overlaying objects

I'm making an overlay that you can dismiss by clicking away on an empty area. I want only that empty area to be clickable, while the contents of popup/dialog/overlay to be unclickable. Same goes for objects partially obscured by any overlaying object.

I found myself, and many of my presenters, to be clicking on an element (not necessarily a button) that is part of a popup/dialog, just to simulate a clicking behaviour. This causes an underlaying interaction to trigger, and that's undesirable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. States should be atomic

Yes... know there are plenty of threads and complains out there about this topic. But can't invest my time searching and tediously upvote each one of them. So as it seems I'm forced to work as "beta tester for free, at least let me invest the lesser time in post expensive bugs.

Simply I've lost one client, time, money and health with the amounts of bugs and insane usability flaws of XD user interface. Really... I'm tired, very tired.

Just built an "atomic" approach of buttons, dropdowns, etc... invested weeks learning the anti-intuitive way to make states work, with hours…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable easy switching between game controllers

Hi, dear XD Development Team

With the current feature, once you set the Xbox input, you can only operate it with the Xbox controller.
    In the case of multi-platform development, the
    You have to do the same thing again with the PS4 controller.
    I would like to request that the function be improved so that this effort can be avoided.

Also, please support the Nintendo Switch.

When it comes to game controller input, there is also the issue of cursor movement.
    For example, if you want to enter a character with the controller, you have to have an artboard with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Definable hit areas for component states

If we are going to call what XD has "component states", instead of "button states", then there needs to be a way to define a hit area of a given interaction.

For example, right now, if I have a "component" created, and I add an element of a larger size, that comes up/out/or whatever on rollover, the rollover state becomes the new hit area size, so now the interaction won't close when I roll off the original trigger... Instead I have to roll off the entire new element that come on during the state change.

This makes it virtually impossible…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Convert artboard links to component states

Problem: Components quickly become convoluted and hard to track. They lose track of elements in Auto Animate. They have problems when nesting components. Still we cannot allow for two swipes on one object.

Possible Solution: Since linking artboards seems to be more stable and intuitive than components. I wish we could simply turn linked artboards into components.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Randomize Artboard Trigger Action

Hello Dear All,

It would be really nice to click and reaching random page! Therefore node system should able to multiple connections between artboards then we can choose 'random' in actions!

Thanx

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Separate fixed positioning of mask and contents

I have a situation where I want a mask to reveal its fixed-position contents, but I don't appear to be able to do that. I don't see any reason that the mask and its contents should be inherently related, even if you want to set it that way by default (when the mask is attached) - I should be able to select either of them and select/deselect the "Fix position when scrolling" toggle.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Auto-animate between artboard sizes

If I want to Auto-animate from the bottom of a scrollable artboard to a smaller one, the scaling of the artboard doesn't animate. If it could, it would be a useful feature in prototyping multi-step flows with views of varying height.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base