Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Definable hit areas for component states

If we are going to call what XD has "component states", instead of "button states", then there needs to be a way to define a hit area of a given interaction.

For example, right now, if I have a "component" created, and I add an element of a larger size, that comes up/out/or whatever on rollover, the rollover state becomes the new hit area size, so now the interaction won't close when I roll off the original trigger... Instead I have to roll off the entire new element that come on during the state change.

This makes it virtually impossible…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Responsive Web Preview in the Browser

Current Preview options deliver a fixed-size design inside a fixed-size window. This leads to a "Flash-like" feel, that doesn't really creates a real web experience for the designer, the team and specially for user testing.

Suggestion: leverage the amazing Responsive Resizing in a new Web Preview, directly from XD (instead of sharing), in search for a real web feel, that 99% of the times means horizontally adaptive and vertically scrollable.

Some concrete ideas depicted in the attached image:

• 3rd preview type - “Web Preview”

• Prototype “Web Preview” options:

• “full width” for objects

• alignment for artboards

• Web Preview in the browser
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Grid Component Hover relation

I have a component with the hover state that is repeated within the grid. I repeated the first element several times, then I want to have different texts and images in each element. I expect that the change inside of each instance will NOT be repeated in other instances of this component within the grid - unfortunately this is not the case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Convert artboard links to component states

Problem: Components quickly become convoluted and hard to track. They lose track of elements in Auto Animate. They have problems when nesting components. Still we cannot allow for two swipes on one object.

Possible Solution: Since linking artboards seems to be more stable and intuitive than components. I wish we could simply turn linked artboards into components.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can't export prototype to Alexa Preview (skill) if [space] used for speech playback on first art board

In order to export an Adobe XD prototype to Alexa Preview, the first artboard must contain actual content; an empty space will result in export error. This is a new issue as previous exports have accepted a single space as content.

I wasted several hours trying to address this. My exhaustion to figure it out on my own led me to leave a 1-star rating on Amazon for the XD skill, a phone call to the Adobe support team, rescheduling a client meeting and lost wages.

My feature request:
    Make export error handling better and more descriptive.

Explicit indication that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Drag Auto animation / Slider

Regarding the slider question, unfortunately We must/ have to link up the same behavior in all the artboards for them to work properly.

Then we should have made a lot of multiple artboards for this dragging/slider effects on the project, Kinda Time consuming and wasting time. and also while we are making those drag /slider trigger, feel a lot of confusion.

Hopefully the Drag trigger will be usable for components.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Interaction: Scroll to a different artboard

"Scroll to" as interaction is a big step, but we still can only scroll to layers of the specific artboard. It is not possible to select a button and expect to scroll to a different page. We would have many more possibilities if instead of choosing a layer [to scroll to] we could choose a page to scroll to and then the layer of the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Overlays can't be placed in scrollable area

Overlays can's be dragged outside the artboard height zone.
    When trying to move the overlay into the scrollable zone, it wont go further the defined height.

1) Create an artboard with a specific window height
    2) Extend the artboard verticallt, so it's scrollable
    3) Place a button (or anything) in the scoll zone (beyond the window height)
    4) Create a new artboard with the overlay content
    5) In Prototype, link the button to the overlay arboard (as overlay, obviously)
    6) Try to move the overlay content near the button (in the scrollable zone)

Current: You can't, the overlay placement is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto-animate between artboard sizes

If I want to Auto-animate from the bottom of a scrollable artboard to a smaller one, the scaling of the artboard doesn't animate. If it could, it would be a useful feature in prototyping multi-step flows with views of varying height.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Define multiple strings at once

Make it possible to define multiple Strings by selecting all elements that are supposed to hold those strings. Saves a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix position when scrolling not linked to the viewport height

To fix a bottom bar inside the interface to the bottom screen you have to fix it to the viewport height (Current-behavior.png). The problem is when I would like to export my mockup I expect the bottom bar on the bottom of my mockup not in the middle like inside the expected-one.png.

Because it's painful to change all your mockups to export them and after to re-move the bottom bar to have a prototype that will work properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support color transitions in auto-animate

The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multiple behaviours per trigger

You should be able to create animations that trigger per action. For example let's say I want a button to have a default state and a downstate and revert back to default state when I let go. Not only this but also the button would play an audio file (independent of the animation duration) and show an animation that indicates that the audio is playing non related to the button states.

I tried creating something like this today but it's clumsy and laggy and has 5 artboards. I think this could be achieved with one artboard if you could cycle…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Developer mode: Assets exporting problem

The developer mode currently is exporting my SVGs as various individual files, although I'm grouping them in .xd file before exporting.

This is giving me headaches, as often Developers will send e-mails requesting the images corrected to program the front-end of a webpage. This highly affects the workflow and productivity, as I have to go by every single one and export as .png.

This happens often when I need to edit icons and vectors in XD on the fly, by adding new elements and grouping them together. Would be nice if grouping these modifications would be enough to export them…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Component with instances, inside a component with instances, inside component with instances

Given I create a component with instances, inside a component with instances, inside component with instances, third level of instances appears to be disabled even if you have different components with different instances inside.

That instances would be useful, for example, for a search bar, with list of items, with a switch inside these items, with a button when that switch is enabled.

I tried to do a video explaining what I wonder to do.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Draw Multiple lines at a time and attach them to one artboard at the same time

Say we have 200 artboards, and one of them is a home screen. Instead of connecting lines one-by-one to the home screen artboard, we should be able to select multiple artboards or other objects and drag them to the home sceen. So if you shift-clicked on multiple objects/artboards, then you should be able to draw a line at one time, and connect all of the artboards to the home screen.

A is the home screen, B and C are other parts, with home buttons. Instead of having to drag a from B to A, and C to A, users should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Maintain last known component state when autoanimating to a new artboard

Would be great if XD would remember the last known component state when autoanimating to a new artboard. Or, better yet, let us mark components for state remembrance on artboard change. Otherwise we are right back to the thnig states was supposed to solve, duplicating artboards for the appearance of a saved state hahaha ;)

I have seen and voted on some other feature requests for conditional behavior, which could solve this issue too if implemented right, but this is a bit different.

I have posted an example prototype here:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/de27f8f1-15fe-4c5e-7a9b-deb283a7118f-a816/?fullscreen
    pass: 4theXDteam

When the prototype launches, click the blue…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Trigger interactions from center and right mouse buttons

When designing for PCs or Macs, having the ability to trigger actions for mouse buttons would be helpful. Especially left, right, and middle buttons.

I am using Adobe XD for game interaction design and this feature would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Trigger interactions on key/gamepad button down

Another user has requested this for the mouse/touch down. This would also be beneficial for keys & gamepad triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions. An example of this input being used is a transition to an overlay radial menu for selections to be made. The radial menu would disappear if the key/button is released.

Having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base