Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 434 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow components to change states and scroll to another part of the artboard at the same time.

Designing a menu with different states and the possibility of scrolling to a particular section by touching any of its options is currently impossible.

For example, if what I need is to show the user in which section he is browsing , what im going to do is to show the name of the section with another color.
    So what im going to do is create different states in order to have all the menu categories active when the user taps on each.
    The problem is when I want to prototype those categories to scroll over the same artboard .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Embed YouTube videos in prototypes

Please add an option to embed youtube videos and make it a component.
    Thanks

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Timed animations triggered while scrolling

i hope we can trigger the timed auto animations when you scroll to a portion of your website mock. I want my elements to appear only when i pass thru them in my page prototype. This feature will create a more seamless, animation rich prototypes!

333 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stack : Not working with Component - Default state to Next State that animate larger

With the new update the stack and scrolling verticaly/horizoontaly.

Create Component -> Repeat Grid -> Ungroup -> Group - > Create Stack ->inside the stack main component -> Create new state (After) -> On after state(Make the space vericaly larger) ->Default to normal state back -> press preview.

Result : Inise Xd Programe, is shows that the component is pushing the stack. When preview mode, doesnt push the stack accordingly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Able to change and design the cursor

Would be great to be able to change the cursors design to fit to designed website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Preserve Component States

Just as you can preserve the scroll position between artboards, I need a the option to preserve component states between artboards if that component exists on both artboards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pressed State preset

It would be great to aslo have a preset "pressed state" wich wil trigger an animation on the same basis as the preset "hover state" but applied to a tap trigger :
    - Hover in = start animation
    - Hover out = reverse animation

So, for pressed state, it would go as such :

• Key/Tap press = start animation

• Key/Tap release = reverse animation

It would also be great to enable a "Long Press/Tap" trigger by creating a new trigger or adding the possibility to set a tap duration on tap trigger.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hover state is laggy

I just want to say that the hover state is quite laggy, if I have a sidebar navigation with each item having a hover state - it lags quite a lot to show the hover states.

Currently we are removing all hover states, but it will be great to get these as speedy as if it were coded in a web CSS prototype.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hover multiple instance of a component simultaneously

Currently when I have thumbnails close to each other, and I hover over one then quickly move to the next one, the Hover state does not start until the first hover out has been completed on the previous thumbnail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Element rotate animation

It is hard to circular rotation using auto-animation. We need rotation time and speed input field.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab

Add option to Open Prototype in New window / new browser tab. for ex. if I wanted to open menu item in new tab / new browser window, I cant found any such feature in XD. that's the basic option to add. long live XD

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Drag (simulated text selection) within vertical scroll areas

I want to prototype a PDF or other document viewer allowing the user to scroll through a 2-3 page document (images arranged like pages) and then direct them to select the target text on the document.

Telling a user to select the text, they naturally want to drag to highlight and select the text as they would in a text editor or viewer.

I want to simulate that so I tried putting a small box with opacity set to 0% just to the left of the text. Then I copied the object for naming and start position and put it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hover connecting artboards

If would be great if the hover doesn't only present in states, rather in the artboards too

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Maintain last known component state when autoanimating to a new artboard

Would be great if XD would remember the last known component state when autoanimating to a new artboard. Or, better yet, let us mark components for state remembrance on artboard change. Otherwise we are right back to the thnig states was supposed to solve, duplicating artboards for the appearance of a saved state hahaha ;)

I have seen and voted on some other feature requests for conditional behavior, which could solve this issue too if implemented right, but this is a bit different.

I have posted an example prototype here:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/de27f8f1-15fe-4c5e-7a9b-deb283a7118f-a816/?fullscreen
    pass: 4theXDteam

When the prototype launches, click the blue…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop Hover Triggering Through Other Layers

When a component has a hover interaction, the hover effect being activated even if there is an element in front.

E.g. when having two labels with rectangles appearing on-hover, one can place one of the rectangles above the other label. Then, hovering over the rectangle fires the hover effect from the label beneath it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hover State Remains active even when mouse is off the Component's Child element, but still within the component boundary.

If a component has multiple elements, the triggered hover state of child A seems to remain active until the mouse is removed from the scope of the entire component (its boundary), not just from that child.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Transparent background prototype recording

I need to be able to export a recording with a transparent background. Use case was embedding a prototype walkthrough/recording on a [web] page that has a dynamic or gradient-based background.

Today, recording defaults to a black channel underneath any artboard/pasteboard fill value with any level of opacity, if a fill is selected and even if there isn’t one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support New Zealand accent in voice playback

I have the choice of two nasally Australians, I'm in New Zealand. If you're limiting the voices to the region setting least let it be accurate. Its like grouping the US with Canada. :)

What if the client I'm sending the prototype to isn't the same nationality?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the voice service we use to support voice playback within XD. The selection of accents is based on your system’s regional settings, so you can already choose between some different accents between the same language, but unfortunately, we’re limited by what the service provides to us. I’ll leave this open for now, but it’s not something we control, unfortunately!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base