Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Hey good people!

Would be great if we have a new trigger for "click-outside" elements.I know that some ways to hack this feature, but would be so much easier to handle state changes on complex components if we could select a click-outside element trigger.

Thank you, folks! Adobe XD is awesome!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. basically, when i tap the play button on a music app i'm prototyping, if i happen to tap another button or click onto another artbord, it will stop the audio. there should be a way to pause and play the audio. that would be very helpful. thanks!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It can be great to be able to prototype complex animations and interactions. It can help us create more concrete prototypes with mouse and scroll animations or also infinite loop animations.

Detail of the idea in this article : https://uxplanet.org/the-killer-feature-im-waiting-for-in-our-modern-design-tools-87c3a5d3c4b3

Summary of the idea :
    A 3 step process which allow you an infinity of possibilities by customizing each property with a math formula. We add syntax highlighting to help designers differentiate dynamic properties, static properties and constants or math functions.
    Then, AdobeXD previewer will “just” have to recalculate and update these properties at a 60 Hz frequency to make…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We can add anchor points to our screen to easily move to certain points. But when we have a very long scroll section, like a drop-down menu with around 200 options, it is very difficult to keep scrolling throughout the options.

If we can make options inside a scroll group which is already in a component into anchor points then we easily can access the options.

Now, for example, I was developing a dropdown menu to select your country. But it has around 200 options. I Sorted them in alphabetical order and added a new horizontal line with A -…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. allow to put scale in/ Scale out animations on Adobe XD without having to use Auto-animate since it can get confused sometimes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In "component (main)", the speech playback action is linked only to the "tap" trigger.

We were unable to use the speech playback linked to hover interaction, as this would help in prototypes to test with blind people.

The "talkback" tools used by blind people do not reproduce the prototypes, so we were unable to test solutions created for these users without developing the application.

So it would be extremely necessary for the prototype to be able to reproduce the elements by hovering the mouse under the screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would be great if XD screens could be imported into Framer X similar to Sketch. It’s the only thing that makes me still debate using Sketch instead of XD!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to link pin to multiple locations for 1 comment box. Right now if there is multiple pin locations, you have to write the comment multiple times

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Preview of 3D virtual machine (including mobile phone and computer)
    360 ° rotation without dead angle (simulating various scenes)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be very useful to have this shortcut so that I can select ALL the links of ONLY ONE artboard so that I can easily and rapidly change the presets of the links at same time.

There is the short-cut control + A but my idea is to have a shortcut to select all the links related to one art-board when selecting one art-board (or even any other at same time). As user, I think that it would be logical to get this short-cut and so valuable. It takes too long time to select links of an art-board while…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. FINALLY there's a hover state on components! GREAT!

However I quickly ran into a limitation. When the user touches a button or clicks it with the mouse/trackpad, the button needs an "on tap" or "on click" state that very briefly changes a button's appearance to give the visual feedback "your click or touch was detected".

So now that you have HOVER please add ON CLICK/TAP ort whatever you want to cal it.

Basically the component state changes for a definable amount of time before the destination or next state is triggered.

While you're at it, how's about looking at some…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cannot Ctrl Z if chose "Keyboard" option at any point, because the prototype function assumes you want "ctrl z" to be your shortcut for that item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We need to be able to set prototype interactions based on visible content.
    Currently, if a larger object [a] is covered (via z-order) by a smaller object [b], a prototype interaction assigned to [a] will be active when the cursor hovers over [b]. This is not the typical expected behavior with regard to click or mouse over events.

Example:
    In the attached image, there is a modal dialog [b].
    We would want to assign Tap interactions objects within the dialog.
    We would also want to assign a Tap event to the area outside the dialog. In this case, tapping outside…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. TL;DR: Art boards with transparent fills should continue to overlay the previous art board's underlaying board.

I can think of many use cases that have required a significantly higher number of art boards, assets and hours to accomplish than should be required. The feature I am requesting would address all of these issues in a simple and intuitive way.

Let's say I have art boards A, B, and C.

'A' displays my application, with 100s of assets, text, components, etc.
    'B' displays a modal over the application in state 1, the default state.
    'C' displays state 2 of the modal,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want the possibility to change the state of a component on tap release. This will allow making animations of buttons that don't change the artboard on tap.

E.g. for IoT applications, I want to give the users the feeling, that the pressed a button.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be great to aslo have a preset "pressed state" wich wil trigger an animation on the same basis as the preset "hover state" but applied to a tap trigger :
    - Hover in = start animation
    - Hover out = reverse animation

So, for pressed state, it would go as such :

• Key/Tap press = start animation
    • Key/Tap release = reverse animation

It would also be great to enable a "Long Press/Tap" trigger by creating a new trigger or adding the possibility to set a tap duration on tap trigger.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add an option to embed youtube videos and make it a component.
    Thanks

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Even if you have a design system running, sometimes you need to work on new features in a prototype. So you need to have mixed some components finished with others unfinished. I would love to work directly on the prototype and, while the "design" of new components are not finished, publish all the prototype on "wireframe or grey mode" to avoid distractions of stakeholders. Probably is easy to render only borders and texts of every objects, keeping all the functionalities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I just want to say that the hover state is quite laggy, if I have a sidebar navigation with each item having a hover state - it lags quite a lot to show the hover states.

Currently we are removing all hover states, but it will be great to get these as speedy as if it were coded in a web CSS prototype.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I think there are similar requests in history but with the new release that includes Flows, it would be extremely convenient to have a nice flow switcher in the Preview window. We are unable to use shared content and have to use Preview for testing and presentations. It would be great to smooth that out with a simple flow switch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)