Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. There used to be a way where I could see a total number of artboards that I've created, but since the latest update (or two) I can no longer find out how many artboards are in my flow. I have over 250 and I'd prefer not to have to count them all. Has it been moved somewhere else perhaps? It was very useful. Cheers. Great product by the way. Amazing, really. It's a joy to use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I use XD almost every day for wireframing and prototyping game interfaces for both mobile, PC, and console games. For mobile and PC games I'm pretty happy with the current feature set but I feel like there are a few improvements that would really help those doing UX for console games. Here are a few points, in particular, I'd love to see improved.

1) 'Combination' Trigger type for Interactions
    For interfaces in games you quite often need to press a combination of keys, buttons, or key + click to open menus. It would be great if you could set an…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket. I’ll change the title of this one to cover the combination trigger, and I encourage you to file the others as separate tickets.

3. In prototype mode, I click through artboards to inspect the inbound and outbound connections. If I set a transition from a component's child state, the only way to see that connection is to activate the state. I would be extremely helpful (esp in large prototypes) if there were some indication of the child state link from the default state.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ofter when creating a prototype for console games, we need to set all the keys for EACH controller model, the prototype easily becomes a monster.
    What I propose is a tool where the designer can set the key equivalences for all controllers that work on adobe XD. In a way that if I set B on xbox one controller, I can set in a sheet, that we would have same behaviour on circle for play station 4/5, set the keys for xbox X, etc. This would be extremely helpful. I am sending you one picture of a feature prototype, that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As a user, when using Desktop Preview, I would like to go back to the beginning of a flow. Please allow Command-Return, just like what is used to start Desktop Preview, to return the user to the beginning of a flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi, I raised this is the XD Adobe Community and I was recommended to post it here:
    I love XD. Please could you facilitate mouse 'roll off'' events/states/triggers whatever you want to call them, to hover states. I just want a hover animation to play, then when the mouse 'rolls off' the hotspot, the hover state remains the same rather than return to the default state. If I remember correctly this is something from the old Flash days, it's even in InDesign! Please can you get it in XD? There isn't a workaround either and creating multiple artboards is just…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The idea is quite simple and it exists already in Figma. When you have a dialog displayed as an overlay, it often changes its content as the user interacts with it (I don't want to create a component for that - it shouldn't be the purpose of the component feature and it makes the component panel messy.) So when creating a link between 2 states of an overlay, I would like to have an option to switch the overlays.

Then It would be awesome if the option "close overlay" would close the overlay (the "previous artboard" is not helpful here).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have a way to view all of the Prototypes created for the file you're in (keep it contextual) and a list of all of the URLs. Ability to edit the names, delete protos, etc - manage the availability all from w/in XD. I know some of this is available, but it's not very user-friendly as it stands. It's all buried and not managed together.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Be able to search for elements both based on art-board and whole document
    then select those elements and apply copied interactions and animation effects and settings

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please make that if I copy paste interactions it will paste animation settings as well, not only the art-board and wire connection

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hey everybody,

i use the Layers structure heavily with the super cool stacking feature to have clean and consistent spacing in between all my elements. But if i create all these folders i can't select folders that are in folders with the "Scroll To" Action.

Please let us access the whole Folder structure in prototype mode to use both features in combination.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This would solve a problem I'm currently having with Adobe XD. I'm unable to create a transition that would preserve the scroll position within a scroll group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hello,
    When you are creating an overlay it could be for different reasons. One of them is to create a menu for a combobox perhaps. In this cas it could be interessant to be able to say : "this overlay is a child of this element on my design".

Why ?
    Because then it's possible to give a behavior to this menu : to appear above, bellow, one the right or on the left of this parent element. Or may be to have an automatic choice made by the system depending on you scroll and the space avalaible to show…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I think this something that component states will help you with and not overlays per se, as overlays are defined in relationship to the artboard viewport, not an element on it. However, you do have a good point about choosing the directionality based on its location on the artboard. I’ll edit the title to reflect that request.

14. Hello community

I will be as clear as possible. My team and I have been working for a while for a large project, FB / Lin equivalent. Another team in my office is working on another smaller project.

The problem is that we get notifications on the same notification panel for every project. So if I open notify, panel and look for the comments not tied to my project, the PL won't see them and vice versa.

So the question is, is there a possibility that each project has its own notification list?

Also it is annoying that if I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add the option to go to another artboard when scrolling, (as it happens with drag on mobile prototyping) on the presentation

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to link pin to multiple locations for 1 comment box. Right now if there is multiple pin locations, you have to write the comment multiple times

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Preview of 3D virtual machine (including mobile phone and computer)
    360 ° rotation without dead angle (simulating various scenes)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I use a lot of states on some components. Please allow me to resize the "Component (Instance)" module on the right side of the screen by dragging the horizontal divider down. I have so much unused space on the right, but my component states are limited to a fixed area that requires me to constantly scroll to find the state I need and really slows me down.

The area is a little bigger in Design Mode, but I would like to be able to resize it there, too.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be very useful to have this shortcut so that I can select ALL the links of ONLY ONE artboard so that I can easily and rapidly change the presets of the links at same time.

There is the short-cut control + A but my idea is to have a shortcut to select all the links related to one art-board when selecting one art-board (or even any other at same time). As user, I think that it would be logical to get this short-cut and so valuable. It takes too long time to select links of an art-board while…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cannot Ctrl Z if chose "Keyboard" option at any point, because the prototype function assumes you want "ctrl z" to be your shortcut for that item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)