Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sceenshots in presentation mode, with device frames (Mobile, Laptop, Desktop)

Sometimes screenshots of a design are needed, sometimes it makes sence to do these within adevice frame - the preview mode is already providing video recordin. I think it would be an improovement to display the recordings in a device frame as well (if wanted mby the designer), and also making the user able to do screenshots as well, in the preview mode.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Linking Multiple Objects to the Same Artboard in Prototype Mode

I would like to link multiple objects (across multiple artboards) to the same artboard simultaneously.

In my attached screen shot you can see that both "home" buttons are selected on the two different artboards but the "destination" dropdown is disabled in the prototype sidebar.

It would be nice if this destination field was usable even when objects (single or multiple) aren't already linked to something.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Do not automatically highlight the key stroke in the Interaction Pane

When I have an artboard set to transition with a keystroke, the keystroke automatically highlights and is editable when I select an artboard. I cannot then use Ctrl 3 to zoom into that art board. Instead, it changes the keystroke to Ctrl 3.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want the seperate prototype links back

I thinks its very annoying that you now force us to present the design specs and prototype in the same share cause now it's impossible to iterate these two documents separately. Most of the times my design specs and my prototypes are different iterations and must be shared separately. Often we iterate different prototypes and we send design specs for just sections of the design, the section that has been accepted for release. With the new setup it's impossible to continuous this strategy and it messes things up. Please give us back the opportunity to share ONE thing at the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Separate fixed positioning of mask and contents

I have a situation where I want a mask to reveal its fixed-position contents, but I don't appear to be able to do that. I don't see any reason that the mask and its contents should be inherently related, even if you want to set it that way by default (when the mask is attached) - I should be able to select either of them and select/deselect the "Fix position when scrolling" toggle.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Wacom Tablet Support for Prototype Link Navigation Scroll

Wacom Tablet scroll support needed for live prototypes. Our team use XD and love the application, we use Wacom tablets for all of our design work and have to dig out and dust off the old Mouse when viewing prototypes - which is a bit of a pain and I am sure we are not the only design studio to share this pain!!

Support for tablet scrolling would be very beneficial.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work

Regards

Michael

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I want to use keyboard trigger in device preview

I want to use a PC keyboard trigger in device preview using iPad. It's to create a prototype that uses touch and hard switch operation, like Nintendo's Switch.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...)

Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...) developer often don't see them because active and inactive status is grey

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. App switching animation

Sometimes I need to communicate that the user has switched between apps. It would be cool to have a special animation for transitioning between artboards that mimics the iOS/Android app switching experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. better control over which layers are being animated

Give me more control over what layers will be used for animations. Currently auto-animate decides which layers are used for animated transitions based on their name. However I often have similarly named layers within a group. Not having to go trough all groups and choose new names for my layers I would like to be able to "break" auto animate connections as well as make new ones between layers myself without having to manually rename these layers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scroll online prototype by click and drag

In full screen mode, online prototypes don't:

• show a scrollbar to go over the project, which would have been ok if Adobe Xd had allowed scrolling by clicking and dragging the artboard;

• ocupy the whole space on the sides of the viewport.

Take a look at the next prototype made in Figma. It would be cool if Adobe Xd could take care of those aspects as good as Figma does.

https://www.figma.com/proto/PUL9fdaHF15x7Twq8txI85GV/UX-Paraguay-%7C-Proyecto-Web?node-id=186%3A187&scaling=min-zoom&redirected=1

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove the prototype property inspector for single interactions (return interaction popup)

The Prototype Panel moves the interaction from the element to a panel. This results in little breaks in the prototyping design flow. The previous version was much easier to use because the element initiating the action and the action settings weren't separated. Keeping the interaction settings above the wire helped to keep the connection in the designers mind. Personally I find it much more difficult to think through changes when I have to look from the element being clicked to the panel where the actions are located. Further more, the 'Scrolling' setting which controls sticky elements feels disconnected and isolated…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Animate paths

Defining a path the elements follow while in auto animate is a feature that will be appreciated. While creating a graph some elements have to follow the curve of the graph like a point on the graph. While animating that using auto animate, the point moves outside the graph. Yes, multiple dashboards can be used to define it but with path animation, only two artboards will be enough.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Previous artboard trigger should skip timed trigger artboard

Say we have Artboards A, B, and C respectively whereby;
    - Artboard A has a TAP TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard B; and
    - Artboard B has a TIMED TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard C

Feature Request:
    - If Artboard C has a TAP TRIGGER that invokes PREVIOUS ARTBOARD action, it should go back to Artboard A and not to Artboard B.

Similarly:
    We may have Artboards A, B1, B2, ...B(n), and C respectively whereby;
    - Artboard A has a TAP TRIGGER which auto-animates to Artboard B; and
    - Artboard B through to Artboard B(n) has a TIMED TRIGGER which…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to stop showing the Instructions on the Prototyping Page when only using one artboard

Hi

It's really annoying having to press X on the instructions each time I want to use the prototyping tab. This happens if I only have one artboard and need to go into the prototyping tab to access the Fix Position tick box.

Please can we have an option to stop showing it?. (see attached)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sort artboards in interaction popup to last edited

I struggle always to find the target artboard I want to link it. Would make sense to show the last edited artboard first. Also, a better search and filter function would be great.
    . Makes more sense. Hard to find otherwise the artboard. Search Function also don't work very well. Thank you. you guys do awesome work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop point for drag trigger

Quite simply the option to designate a stop point for a drag trigger.

ie. Drag up from a bottom menu to a 2/3 point, where it stops. Drag up a second/third etc time to bring up a sheets style menu to whatever point you would like.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support for XBox 360 Controllers

Add support for XBox 360 as a controller that can be used with Keys & Gamepad.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Link together artboards by marquee selecting

Drawing a box around multiple art boards should allow the user to quickly link and un-link the screens together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Higher Prototype Recording Resolution Oprions

In Prototype Playback mode: when recording a prototype for export to movie file, sometimes we need to export these for HD presentations. Please offer the option to export or record the video at 2x, 3x, 4x or more times resolution. This is especially important with iPhone and iWatch recordings. With all the new tweeting animation features exporting for video to be edited into presentations is getting to be much more important!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base