Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Auto-page scroll is often needed feature to trigger on artboard/page-load. Currently I can mimic this effect by making 2 artboards, moving a group up (or down) on the scroll position and use auto-animate artboard-to-artboard.
    Example:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/9182ed42-11c0-45ff-a10f-e343424fbd97-c4d1/

Here on the second board, user should be able to scroll back up the content group (which mimicked auto-scroll down using auto-animate) yet, XD does not support scrolling content positioned above an artboard. Ideal XD-feature should allow to set an auto-scroll for layers (perhaps to a certain Y-position) and let user to scroll back while displaying a scroll-bar.

428 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When a component has a hover interaction, the hover effect being activated even if there is an element in front.

E.g. when having two labels with rectangles appearing on-hover, one can place one of the rectangles above the other label. Then, hovering over the rectangle fires the hover effect from the label beneath it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I need to be able to export a recording with a transparent background. Use case was embedding a prototype walkthrough/recording on a [web] page that has a dynamic or gradient-based background.

Today, recording defaults to a black channel underneath any artboard/pasteboard fill value with any level of opacity, if a fill is selected and even if there isn’t one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Designing a menu with different states and the possibility of scrolling to a particular section by touching any of its options is currently impossible.

For example, if what I need is to show the user in which section he is browsing , what im going to do is to show the name of the section with another color.
    So what im going to do is create different states in order to have all the menu categories active when the user taps on each.
    The problem is when I want to prototype those categories to scroll over the same artboard .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I think there are similar requests in history but with the new release that includes Flows, it would be extremely convenient to have a nice flow switcher in the Preview window. We are unable to use shared content and have to use Preview for testing and presentations. It would be great to smooth that out with a simple flow switch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have the choice of two nasally Australians, I'm in New Zealand. If you're limiting the voices to the region setting least let it be accurate. Its like grouping the US with Canada. :)

What if the client I'm sending the prototype to isn't the same nationality?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the voice service we use to support voice playback within XD. The selection of accents is based on your system’s regional settings, so you can already choose between some different accents between the same language, but unfortunately, we’re limited by what the service provides to us. I’ll leave this open for now, but it’s not something we control, unfortunately!

7. In "component (main)", the speech playback action is linked only to the "tap" trigger.

We were unable to use the speech playback linked to hover interaction, as this would help in prototypes to test with blind people.

The "talkback" tools used by blind people do not reproduce the prototypes, so we were unable to test solutions created for these users without developing the application.

So it would be extremely necessary for the prototype to be able to reproduce the elements by hovering the mouse under the screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great to have a long press/touch gesture. Since both Android and iOS have it available, it's an interaction that is getting more use recently.

If it comes with a new State for the component it would be even better!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Right now, bounding boxes are always rectangular, with the height of the tallest object it contains and the width of the widest one.

However, many times it is necessary for the box to maintain the exact same shape as the objects it contains, in order to only activate effects such as hover when the mouse is directly on top.

Consider the attached files. Here we have 3 tabs. I would like to make them "jump" up slightly on hover so users can tell it is clickable. The tabs do not overlap, but because the bounding box is rectangular, the active…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like that Adobe XD supports communication between multiple devices. You are able to test not only interactions in individual devices, but also service scenarios featuring interactions among multiple devices by multiple users.

It is very helpful for HMI designers, Automotive industry.
    Currently, I see ProtoPie can do it. But I really wish that Adobe XD can do it too and have much better version than them.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEYRYh1dKso
    https://www.protopie.io/solutions/automotive

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow to create a hotspot smaller than a shape (eg. part of an image, part of a repeater...) without the need to split the image/repeater or to create an invisible rectangle on top of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I started feeling the miss of a simple "loading animation", like the ubiquitous spinning circle, as a type of Transition between artboards.
    It would be very useful, especially to the developers as they would see and understand where to place a full page refresh.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It is hard to circular rotation using auto-animation. We need rotation time and speed input field.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show comments in chronological order from earliest to latest so that the pin annotations will show up as 1, 2, 3, etc instead of 3, 2, 1.

Or at least add a sort feature.

During design review presentations, I would use this link to show my work and would use the pins to tell a story on what my audience should look at.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let's say you're designing a switch, and you want to hint to the user that it can toggle with a tap, so you want it to bounce gently when hovered over. It would be great to be able to auto-animate to a different state, then immediately auto-animate back to the previous state upon completion of the first action.

The ability to stack actions would allow for complex interactions with the least amount of user interaction.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Howdy, folks!

That's a little bit of a stretch, but hear me out:

We could have a new panel to handle animations on components, for micro-interactions. This panel would allow us to select which propriety would be animated, like we do with css animations, calling specific prop, e.g.: "transition: width".

That would allow us to make correct animations for micro-interactions, and also allow us to see exactly with animation to use we is time to deliver the prototype to the developers.

See y'all later! Be safe n be well!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Howdy folks!

Would be awesome if we could bind micro interaction on any element inside a component. That would allow us to make more complex interactions for components, like multiple state changes based on different elements and triggers.

Imagine a Sidebar component, that when we tap some button inside, that make the sidebar toggle size. With the option of binding the state change on the child element, the prototype would be more reliable when was time to delivery to the developers, where they would know exactly which element trigger each state change.

Hope that you'all are safe and healthy.

Love…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hey good people!

Would be great if we have a new trigger for "click-outside" elements.I know that some ways to hack this feature, but would be so much easier to handle state changes on complex components if we could select a click-outside element trigger.

Thank you, folks! Adobe XD is awesome!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)