Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow a Group of Artboards to be used as a Multi-State Component

Right now, the creation of a carousel or 'choose one item' list requires you to have a different COPY of your artboard for each possible iteration of that carousel/list. If you want to showcase 3 multi-artboard interactions in a mockup (if each carousel has 5 images, you need to copy your artboar 125 times, just to show that, without any other bells and whistles).
    In contrast, if you could have an artboard group that is JUST the possible states for 1 carousel, then group those artboards into a single component. Then you only need 1 main artboard (for your app/webpage)…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tap on hover state should transition to another artboard

Please remove, or add option to remove, the animation from Hover state back to default when a Tap trigger is attached to a component that is in Hover state.

This animation is unnecessary when navigating to another artboard and can cause all manner of irritation if the artboard to which one is navigating shows the component intentionally in hover state.

Example:
    - An image control has a hover state
    - When in that hover state, the user can click to cause an action.
    - The action is simulated by a navigation to another artboard
    - In the destination artboard, we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. While navigate to a new artboard allow user to choose component state

while building a prototype when connecting two artboards allow the option to choose the state for the components on the destination artboard

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Honor layers (z-order) in prototype interaction

We need to be able to set prototype interactions based on visible content.
    Currently, if a larger object [a] is covered (via z-order) by a smaller object [b], a prototype interaction assigned to [a] will be active when the cursor hovers over [b]. This is not the typical expected behavior with regard to click or mouse over events.

Example:
    In the attached image, there is a modal dialog [b].
    We would want to assign Tap interactions objects within the dialog.
    We would also want to assign a Tap event to the area outside the dialog. In this case, tapping outside…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to update selected artboards rather the updating the entire prototype

most of my project are huge and heavy, not less than 200 artboard

I would like the ability to update certain or specific artboards on the link rather than uploading all the link again

that's time-consuming.

plus some times I would like to share specific changes done with my manager while other changes are still under going-which I don't want my manager to see yet

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tap Release Interaction Trigger

I want the possibility to change the state of a component on tap release. This will allow making animations of buttons that don't change the artboard on tap.

E.g. for IoT applications, I want to give the users the feeling, that the pressed a button.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Anchors within scroll groups and components

We can add anchor points to our screen to easily move to certain points. But when we have a very long scroll section, like a drop-down menu with around 200 options, it is very difficult to keep scrolling throughout the options.

If we can make options inside a scroll group which is already in a component into anchor points then we easily can access the options.

Now, for example, I was developing a dropdown menu to select your country. But it has around 200 options. I Sorted them in alphabetical order and added a new horizontal line with A -…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Define different actions for subsequent interaction triggers

Give the possibility to add the same trigger in prototyping. For example, the interraction of a dropdown button; you can make a list appear with the tap trigger and another tap trigger to listen to the sound.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add multiple time triggers to an artboard.

For example one time trigger would play a sound after 0.6 seconds, and another time trigger would move to the next artboard after 2 seconds.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Preserve Component States

Just as you can preserve the scroll position between artboards, I need a the option to preserve component states between artboards if that component exists on both artboards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow nested components to trigger parent component states

Currently, a nested components cannot trigger a component state. You would have to ungroup it, so that it is no longer a component in order to be able to target a component state.

eg. I have a card component which has multiple states. Inside the default state, I have a button (which is a component). When I select to Tap that button component, I do not have the option to target the other states of that component. It only displays artboards as potential targets.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Drag (simulated text selection) within vertical scroll areas

I want to prototype a PDF or other document viewer allowing the user to scroll through a 2-3 page document (images arranged like pages) and then direct them to select the target text on the document.

Telling a user to select the text, they naturally want to drag to highlight and select the text as they would in a text editor or viewer.

I want to simulate that so I tried putting a small box with opacity set to 0% just to the left of the text. Then I copied the object for naming and start position and put it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Time trigger for scroll animation

Auto-page scroll is often needed feature to trigger on artboard/page-load. Currently I can mimic this effect by making 2 artboards, moving a group up (or down) on the scroll position and use auto-animate artboard-to-artboard.
    Example:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/9182ed42-11c0-45ff-a10f-e343424fbd97-c4d1/

Here on the second board, user should be able to scroll back up the content group (which mimicked auto-scroll down using auto-animate) yet, XD does not support scrolling content positioned above an artboard. Ideal XD-feature should allow to set an auto-scroll for layers (perhaps to a certain Y-position) and let user to scroll back while displaying a scroll-bar.

402 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Stop Hover Triggering Through Other Layers

When a component has a hover interaction, the hover effect being activated even if there is an element in front.

E.g. when having two labels with rectangles appearing on-hover, one can place one of the rectangles above the other label. Then, hovering over the rectangle fires the hover effect from the label beneath it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Transparent background prototype recording

I need to be able to export a recording with a transparent background. Use case was embedding a prototype walkthrough/recording on a [web] page that has a dynamic or gradient-based background.

Today, recording defaults to a black channel underneath any artboard/pasteboard fill value with any level of opacity, if a fill is selected and even if there isn’t one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow components to change states and scroll to another part of the artboard at the same time.

Designing a menu with different states and the possibility of scrolling to a particular section by touching any of its options is currently impossible.

For example, if what I need is to show the user in which section he is browsing , what im going to do is to show the name of the section with another color.
    So what im going to do is create different states in order to have all the menu categories active when the user taps on each.
    The problem is when I want to prototype those categories to scroll over the same artboard .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Switch Flows in Preview

I think there are similar requests in history but with the new release that includes Flows, it would be extremely convenient to have a nice flow switcher in the Preview window. We are unable to use shared content and have to use Preview for testing and presentations. It would be great to smooth that out with a simple flow switch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support New Zealand accent in voice playback

I have the choice of two nasally Australians, I'm in New Zealand. If you're limiting the voices to the region setting least let it be accurate. Its like grouping the US with Canada. :)

What if the client I'm sending the prototype to isn't the same nationality?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the voice service we use to support voice playback within XD. The selection of accents is based on your system’s regional settings, so you can already choose between some different accents between the same language, but unfortunately, we’re limited by what the service provides to us. I’ll leave this open for now, but it’s not something we control, unfortunately!

20. Trigger speech playback based on hover

In "component (main)", the speech playback action is linked only to the "tap" trigger.

We were unable to use the speech playback linked to hover interaction, as this would help in prototypes to test with blind people.

The "talkback" tools used by blind people do not reproduce the prototypes, so we were unable to test solutions created for these users without developing the application.

So it would be extremely necessary for the prototype to be able to reproduce the elements by hovering the mouse under the screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base