Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Blind and severely visually impaired people are largely dependent on the use of screen readers to receive digital content.

For user testing, the integration of so-called alternative texts plays an important role.
    Adobe XD offers voice playback as an interaction element, but the input of an alternative text, which is analyzed by the screen reader, is not possible from the current point of view.
    I would like to draw attention to this problem, because
    A) due to the legal situation in Europe, private companies are obliged to design their applications accessible until 2025. Here, feedback from the target group, including…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. allow to put scale in/ Scale out animations on Adobe XD without having to use Auto-animate since it can get confused sometimes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Even if you have a design system running, sometimes you need to work on new features in a prototype. So you need to have mixed some components finished with others unfinished. I would love to work directly on the prototype and, while the "design" of new components are not finished, publish all the prototype on "wireframe or grey mode" to avoid distractions of stakeholders. Probably is easy to render only borders and texts of every objects, keeping all the functionalities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow for audio playback to be enabled for timed transitions as these can only be inputted for tap interactions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I create a new Hover State, by default adobe XD create a new hover interaction with default parameters :
    - Auto Animate
    - Ease-Out
    - 0,3 seconds

I never use this config. I always need this config for hover:
    - Type : Transition
    - Animation : None

It's very annoying because I have to reset all my Hover interaction every time. Is there a way of modifying these settings by default ? Every time I create an Hover state, i would like to have a transition without any animation by default.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'd like to see an option in Prototype mode where i can choose to animate text a little easier. There will be new options where you can choose which text animation you want and also which interval time that should be used

The text animations i'd like to see in that dropdown menu are:

• As whole (default)
      This is how it is now.

• Per paragraph
      Animate the text by paragraph.

• Per line
      Animate the text by line.

• Per word
      Animate the text by word.

• Per letter
      Animate the text by letter.

For each option could be considered to have an…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. TL;DR: Art boards with transparent fills should continue to overlay the previous art board's underlaying board.

I can think of many use cases that have required a significantly higher number of art boards, assets and hours to accomplish than should be required. The feature I am requesting would address all of these issues in a simple and intuitive way.

Let's say I have art boards A, B, and C.

'A' displays my application, with 100s of assets, text, components, etc.
    'B' displays a modal over the application in state 1, the default state.
    'C' displays state 2 of the modal,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Right now, the creation of a carousel or 'choose one item' list requires you to have a different COPY of your artboard for each possible iteration of that carousel/list. If you want to showcase 3 multi-artboard interactions in a mockup (if each carousel has 5 images, you need to copy your artboar 125 times, just to show that, without any other bells and whistles).
    In contrast, if you could have an artboard group that is JUST the possible states for 1 carousel, then group those artboards into a single component. Then you only need 1 main artboard (for your app/webpage)…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please remove, or add option to remove, the animation from Hover state back to default when a Tap trigger is attached to a component that is in Hover state.

This animation is unnecessary when navigating to another artboard and can cause all manner of irritation if the artboard to which one is navigating shows the component intentionally in hover state.

Example:
    - An image control has a hover state
    - When in that hover state, the user can click to cause an action.
    - The action is simulated by a navigation to another artboard
    - In the destination artboard, we…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. while building a prototype when connecting two artboards allow the option to choose the state for the components on the destination artboard

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We need to be able to set prototype interactions based on visible content.
    Currently, if a larger object [a] is covered (via z-order) by a smaller object [b], a prototype interaction assigned to [a] will be active when the cursor hovers over [b]. This is not the typical expected behavior with regard to click or mouse over events.

Example:
    In the attached image, there is a modal dialog [b].
    We would want to assign Tap interactions objects within the dialog.
    We would also want to assign a Tap event to the area outside the dialog. In this case, tapping outside…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. most of my project are huge and heavy, not less than 200 artboard

I would like the ability to update certain or specific artboards on the link rather than uploading all the link again

that's time-consuming.

plus some times I would like to share specific changes done with my manager while other changes are still under going-which I don't want my manager to see yet

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want the possibility to change the state of a component on tap release. This will allow making animations of buttons that don't change the artboard on tap.

E.g. for IoT applications, I want to give the users the feeling, that the pressed a button.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We can add anchor points to our screen to easily move to certain points. But when we have a very long scroll section, like a drop-down menu with around 200 options, it is very difficult to keep scrolling throughout the options.

If we can make options inside a scroll group which is already in a component into anchor points then we easily can access the options.

Now, for example, I was developing a dropdown menu to select your country. But it has around 200 options. I Sorted them in alphabetical order and added a new horizontal line with A -…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give the possibility to add the same trigger in prototyping. For example, the interraction of a dropdown button; you can make a list appear with the tap trigger and another tap trigger to listen to the sound.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. For example one time trigger would play a sound after 0.6 seconds, and another time trigger would move to the next artboard after 2 seconds.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Just as you can preserve the scroll position between artboards, I need a the option to preserve component states between artboards if that component exists on both artboards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Currently, a nested components cannot trigger a component state. You would have to ungroup it, so that it is no longer a component in order to be able to target a component state.

eg. I have a card component which has multiple states. Inside the default state, I have a button (which is a component). When I select to Tap that button component, I do not have the option to target the other states of that component. It only displays artboards as potential targets.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to prototype a PDF or other document viewer allowing the user to scroll through a 2-3 page document (images arranged like pages) and then direct them to select the target text on the document.

Telling a user to select the text, they naturally want to drag to highlight and select the text as they would in a text editor or viewer.

I want to simulate that so I tried putting a small box with opacity set to 0% just to the left of the text. Then I copied the object for naming and start position and put it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)