Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Why only one video play? When strolling on a video in the carousel, then strolling to the following video, in the carousel doesn't play! This feature is pointless. We have been waiting so long for this feature, and it only is limited, and we can't play multiple videos simultaneously. That is a big big problem.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I've had this issue throughout many projects already: I created a number of 'chained' artboards that - as a collection - play an animated sequence using Auto-Animate and the 'Time' trigger. A loading screen or splash screen for example.

I'd love to be able to target this 'set' of animated artboards and choose a 'custom' exit point so that the final artboard points and navigates to an artboard of my choosing. This way I can re-use the same animations throughout the entire prototype without the need of duplicating (and maintaining) several instances of the same thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Components could have a setting 'remember last state between artboards'. This would allow prototypes with menu's that remain consistent between artboards, toggle buttons, etc, without having to make copies of all artboards for those features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be really good to have prototype links copied with the repeat grid function. Currently, you can copy and paste objects and the prototype links will copy with but if you're filling a page with a lot of smaller objects (i.e. items on a shopping page) it's a lot easier to use the Repeat Grid function. This way a lot of little buttons can all lead to the same place, which can be especially helpful for lo-fi prototypes where all the links go to one Lorem Ipsum template page.

You could either have the option to turn "Repeat Prototype"…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently when animating from one frame to the next, all elements are subject to the delay, duration, and easing. I would love to be able to apply different timing to separate elements instead of effect all. For example, I may have a element moving across the frame with no delay, but want the another element or text to delay before animating. And perhaps animate at a slower/faster rate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Auto-page scroll is often needed feature to trigger on artboard/page-load. Currently I can mimic this effect by making 2 artboards, moving a group up (or down) on the scroll position and use auto-animate artboard-to-artboard.
    Example:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/9182ed42-11c0-45ff-a10f-e343424fbd97-c4d1/

Here on the second board, user should be able to scroll back up the content group (which mimicked auto-scroll down using auto-animate) yet, XD does not support scrolling content positioned above an artboard. Ideal XD-feature should allow to set an auto-scroll for layers (perhaps to a certain Y-position) and let user to scroll back while displaying a scroll-bar.

428 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Currently, I have to name flows twice, once on the artboard and once on the link settings. Why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hello,
    it'll be nice to have more hover states in one component.
    Currently i'm working on horizontal mega-menu and it's impossible to prototype mega menu appear on hover. I think i will need to use Tap for now - because when i'm creating two hover states - one doesn't work after another - only when i leave the component and hover it again. So i believe it shuold effect inner hover area also.

Another interesting fueature will be of changing of z-index on hover - it'll make life much easier. For now - i have no idea how to solve…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Something I used to use in Axure constantly was the ability to show and hide elements on a single screen. It would open up lots of possibilities, add tons of flexibility, and reduce the number of artboards needed if in XD we could trigger actions to either show or hide one or more components on an artboard. It would be even more amazing if when choosing the show component action, you could also set the component's state.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We only open link in new tab.
    I made the artboard with several hyperlink objects,
    but it is inconvenient to use because the link opens in a new tab every time.

I would like to add an option to set the link to open on the current page.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As we know web design aesthetics evolve day by day. And for this purpose Adobe XD is still following conventional ways of designing. I wanna highlight very basic and important feature that must be include in Adobe XD. I am sharing an example that will help your engineer to demonstrate this feature in well mannered way.

Example:
    https://privateisland.tv/studio

As you can see user can easily scroll horizontally. This feature is slightly different from existing horizontal scroll group because we can only click and drag with that feature.

I hope you will get my point. I can assist to you more…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Would love to drag an object both directions. Perhaps if we could add hot spots to the left and right of a container, then you can either drag it left or right.

Example: in g-mail, drag the message right to delete, left to archive. Would like to render this behavior.

Thought two, add these touch points or hot spots to and image so I can drag left or right from the image itself to go forwards or backwards.

834 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I deleted all my wires and was surprised to discover none of the hover changes I had put in in design mode were all gone. I had to go back and fix each one which took hours. Why not have a dialog pop up that asks if you want to keep the hovers and just remove the wires that were added manually?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'm hoping this idea is just an add on from the current Scroll action.

At the moment you can create a button etc and link it to a certain area on your artboard. It then automatically scrolls to that area once clicked.

My idea is to have this same feature, but with an option to jump and scroll to a specific area on another artboard.

It will make the user journey so much better when using things like quick links etc

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When artboards are grouped under a flow title, clicking and dragging on that flow title allows you to move and arrange all of the artboards associated with it.

If you have multiple flows and they are all linked, it's impossible to move a flow and NOT move any child flows under it.

It would be great if you could hold down the CTRL (Command on Mac) key to break that association temporarily while moving.

See attached image for more clarity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The prototype movies force a rounded corner at the bottom making the video unusable. This should be exactly as the prototype with square corners on all sides.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New states feature is excellent but restricted for self components interaction. In many cases, especially in web and desktop apps, there are cases where a component event should affect another element on screen.
    It would be a super powerful option to allow a component event to change states of another component.
    Currently if i use component A inside component B, i can't use A to change state of B, even though A is part of B.

956 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently, a nested components cannot trigger a component state. You would have to ungroup it, so that it is no longer a component in order to be able to target a component state.

eg. I have a card component which has multiple states. Inside the default state, I have a button (which is a component). When I select to Tap that button component, I do not have the option to target the other states of that component. It only displays artboards as potential targets.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have to tiles next to each other, that each have a hover state. But since the hover state is bigger than the original tile and it streches across the neighboring tile, i can only ever correctly show the hover on one tile. The other tile (which is layered above the first tile) hides part of it.

This is very annoying, because I cannot properly show the supposed interaction.

I need to be able to select something like "on hover select state 'hover' and bring element to front"
    or
    hide the hover element to show it on interaction with the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19