Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep Preview window visible when switching away from XD

When the user clicks out of the XD application, the previous window disappears. This becomes an issue when sharing a presentation file, each time you click outside (for example, when you have 2 screens with notes on feedback on the other screen). Is there any reason to ever hide that window? It should just stay up whether XD has focus or not.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Payload data based on current assets in a given design

Weight is an important aspect of Web design

• Calculate the payload based on exported assets and display data, as it influences design
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Only record mouse clicks on prototype record

At the moment, in prototype mode the circle follows the mouse on the recording. It would be good to have this act more like a finger does on a phone (which is not touching the screen all the time).

I would like the option to have the touch feedback only show on click (or touch).

This could also feed into recording from a device when device preview is available.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change an interaction's start point

I would like to be able to change an interaction's start point after I've already set it. In my scenario going from a low-fidelity to high-fidelity design, there were certain objects I wanted to swap in for existing hot spots.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prototyping behavior library

We might use XD for a lot of different design options. Web, iOS, Android, AppleTV etc... It would be nice, for a given platform to have specific actions of protyping for the most common ones (native interaction basics). In the form of a library of interaction behaviour.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Button press and hold

Press and hold capability for buttons with the ability to specify the length of the hold.
    Also would be good to allow multiple press and holds of different lengths on the same button that go to independent destinations. Example press and hold button for 2 seconds goes to artboard a. Press and hold same button for 4 seconds goes to artboard b.

227 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export HTML / CSS animation code snippets for transition animations

It would be great to be able to make the design live with html 5 animations (for the prototyping mode), that would be usable as assets for the developers. As we can record a live preview of our design, it would be a great feature.

Thank you !

309 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Text input field with actions based on value

For prototyping and user testing, a text input field control would be very helpful. Bonus if you could apply actions to enter / submit based on different strings.

3,330 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  302 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to define wire color

Being able to select the color for the connectors not only makes it easier for me to understand the interactions better at a glance but when I share the wireframes with developers it gives more clarity to the progression of interactions.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Highlight/show in Design view the current artboard displayed in Preview window

PainPoint:

As you design more and more complex prototypes it gets really easy to forget where the Artboard is for the part of the flow you are at in the Design Previewer

Solution:
    Highlight which Artboard it currently showing in the previewer so that you can make changes faster.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Responsive preview: automatically display artboard of correct size

Would be great to see a Prototype Preview of the responsive design, how the layout changes, when the window is scaled. If there are different artboards created for the devices, it's great to see how it switches dynamically.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Logic in prototyping - conditional behavior, branching, if/then

To be able to prototype for usability testing and demonstrations there needs to be a bit more intelligence around how experiences are joined up togehter.

If clause example:
    If user makes choice a, do x. If user makes choice b, do z. And so on.

Variables:
    When user makes a choice/clicks/fills in a field etc. assign a variable. Then allow designer to use variables in an if-clause to make decision which roots to go down.

Thank you :)

1,128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  70 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Auto Arrange Artboard Layout in Prototype Mode

I'd love to have some auto arrangement in prototype mode, which might be really helpful when screens get too much and organising them turns into pain. I've seen other softwares dealing with this kind of problem very neatly.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show all interaction wires (links) without having to Select All

In order to work and review the overall faster, I need an option to click on on the view menu that allows me to see all the links without having to click on all the artboards.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. See a preview of the target artboard when drawing wires

When prototyping it is sometimes difficult to use the pick-whip to select the target screen if it is far away. The alternative is to choose the screen from the drop down menu, which I think works fine other than the fact that it requires you to be able to identify the screen is from the artboard name only. It would be helpful to see a preview of the artboard along with the name.

Additionally, it would be great if there was some visual cue as to what elements already have hotspots assigned to them. Right now it seems like you…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sort/Group Artboards in interaction/wire popup's Target Artboard list

It would be great to be able to sort and maybe group artboards. I think it would make it easier to select the target artboard in prototyping mode if you were able to sort them, alphabetically or even group multiple artboards so that you wouldn't need to scroll through a long list of artboards just to find the one you would like to target. It would be really usefully especially when your XD project contains 60 or even 100 artboards. Imagine scrolling through a list of 100 artboards that isn't sorted?

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Prototyping: magnifying glass/loupe to help linking small elements

If I want to create a link from a small element like a menu item to another page, it is hard to accurately select the text and be zoomed out far enough to see the page I want to link to.

I know you can use the drop down to select the page, but if you want to do it visually it would be good if the area around the cursor would zoom like a loupe to enable easier selection.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Simplified view of artboard interaction links (overview of flow) in XD desktop app

Reduce number of lines between linked artboards: (when an entire artboard is selected or you select all)

when two artboards link to each other, instead of having two, three or four lines, have one line (with two or more arrows or another color) to show the two or more links.

This makes it easier to get an overview of the entire applications dartboard links (app/site structure)

Its the smallest things that makes a great and intuitive workflow

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Parallax and other effects while scrolling

Add parallax and other effects for masked areas

570 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Interactive Prototyping for User Testing

I use JustInMind to prototype Web and Mobile apps that I then user-test. The JIM application is less than optimal, but to attract a broader Human Factors / Usability / Design audience you're going to need a lot more than "scrolling."

Interactive elements such as text fields, check boxes, drop-downs, etc. that can all be connected, responding to user inputs as needed, in a manner that replicates a real application in its native environment is what is needed.

I look forward to that day, as your design tools and simple, visual linking paradigm are certainly winners.

1,105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  32 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base