Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. I'd like to have the ability create/download/share interactive widgets that work on logical cases and states. The cases would also allow a wide array of interactions styles (on click, on mouse drop, on drag, on release etc.). The states would allow widgets to respond to cases (for example a set of controls can be active or inactive depending on the state of a particular widget). Without the ability to create logical cases it seems like XD is very limited.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Similar to Microsoft visio this feature will give users the Ability to make interaction points explaining functionality in the prototype. The user will be able to draw an arrow pointing at the element linking to the dialog box. A dialog box will give user info on functionality or explain Interaction point.
    This feature will show in prototype mode and give the option to enable in share prototype mode.

As a user, I can draw an interaction box.
    As a user, I can link interaction box to shape/element/ect.
    As a user, I can choose to enable this when I share a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Not all interfaces are clickable and not all screens are touch screens. Some interfaces require inputs from physical buttons.
    Therefore, I'd like the ability to have a mockup image of a wearable device or smart phone behind the artboards, and then be able to create clickable regions over the "physical" buttons of the device to navigate through the interface.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When jumping between user flows (i.e. illustrating what a different user would see), a "dip to black" transition would be very useful. It's a powerful transition used in film editing to indicate a change in context, or time passing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi Team
    Can you please
    Deep link prototype URL to Show-comment, Show-bottom-navigation even in fullscreen,

it could be combinations of any of these
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscree&navigation
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscree&comments
    www.xd.com/xyz?comments

It hard to know that there is some comments on prototype or at least a "comment icon" with some number on it to get idea there are comments.

Thanks for implementing fullscreen
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscreen

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please remove design feature from the prototype mode. No delete, paste etc when prototype mode. Switching is easy for those needing to tweak a design along the way.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I prototype using PowerPoint. One of its best tools is using text bubbles to clarify my thoughts without the need to prototype them. It helps for lean prototyping.
    The text bubbles work by an order I declare. Each keystroke (playing a presentation) will display only one text bubble in locations it defined in the Prototype mode.

Using text bubbles helps me delivering my prototype to the customer much more effectively.

The bubbles don't have to be text, they can have images and rich media text also.

These bubbles are not comments from the stakeholder, they are created by the UX…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to view team prototypes. Similar to how you can view team assets. So that I as a creative director, or other team members can quickly find and reference prototypes completed by other team members

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We announced CC Spaces in XD today at Adobe MAX! In a space, all members will be able to view all of the prototypes and design specs published from content within the space, all in one location. More details to come!

11. As a user in prototype mode, to open the Desktop Preview in full screen requires two command-key strokes: 1) Command-Return, then 2) Command-Control-F.

I would prefer to have a single command keystroke to go straight to Full Screen mode. For example: Command-Control-Return.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to be able to clear all prototype wires similar to how the clear all guides option works in other Adobe products.

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to have a way to invite trusted people to user test my prototypes; in fact, I would like to entrust this to a group of verified AdobeXD users. Instead of always trying to hunt down ways to user test on another platform and then get participants. I would like to turn to a set of UXers and ask for feedback. This could relate getting Adobe Points for being a tester and for providing feedback.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. From Visual Studio to other known editors, it has been common feature that when pressing F5, the application will launch.

Why not add same key (F5) support to Adobe XD as well, that when pressing that key, the desktop preview will launch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When in 'Prototype mode > 'Preview', it would be really nice to show (or indicate) on the top where now is a line of text, which artboard you're at while tapping and clicking between the flow.

When you work with multiple artboards and you suddenly you find say typo or false interaction, it's really difficult to go back to that specific artboard after you've left the Preview mode.

I know you can do this...

Cheers and thanks!

Namroud

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be nice to be able to link back to the same artboard, rather than creating a duplicate simply to show the way the logic works in the prototype. Although the Symbols feature does work as a workaround, for data-entry type projects, not having a link back to the current artboard is a problem.

For instance, I have an artboard for an event, and I need to add child, adult and senior retail tickets to the event. Currently I have to have two artboards for retail item data entry so that I can have the logic in place to…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be of great value to be able to have error handeling this would create a more realistic prototype and scenarios for user testing.

Example 1:
    If you add a text field and set it to an email field it should trigger an error when a user doesn't fill it in correct.

Example 2:
    If you add a text field and set it to a mandatory field it should trigger an error when a user skips the field or presses a submit button.

At this moment there are no application I know of that have this feature and if…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When viewing a preview of your design work in the current window could you make the delete key go back to the previous link please. (Just like a browser back button would do)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When in Preview mode, the ability to quickly go to content currently displayed in the Preview window would be greatly beneficial.

Let's say you're in Preview Mode. Clicking through the screens, you noticed that there is something that needs to be fixed within one of the artboards.

To make the fix, you have to currently close the Preview window, then navigate to the relevant artboard and make the change. For complex documents, this may require a good deal of hunting.

It would make an easier workflow to have an option to go to the current artboard in the preview window…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently when we demo the prototype on a mobile device browser, the ability to "pinch" zoom is disabled.
    Often we need to zoom some details of the UI to be sure they are positioned correctly (for apps), or to simulate the true usage scenario of the web application (many web apps allow pinch zoom because users of a certain age have difficulty reading small characters and want the option to zoom enabled).
    Please allow the "pinch" zoom gesture on the prototype demo as an option when exporting the interactive prototype.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)