Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. It would be amazing if we could have the ability to insert a "placeholder" box which allows the input of HTML/CSS code to create an interactive element. For example; Drop down fields, accordions etc.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Currently we can set links to any specific artboard. This is very helpful. I use it for creating a button on every slide that will take me to a contents artboard, where I can link to different flows.
    The problem in this setup is that, when in prototype mode, there are a lot of links drawn between the artboards, as each artboard is linked to the contents artboard (see attchment).
    I find this can be easily alleviated if I could link the buttons to the 'home artboard', and so it could spare having to draw the links to that artboard.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Cycle Layers

Use cycles layers just like Adobe Character Animator to create animations in the design

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When I preview in the browser I can use the browser's built in "back" button to go back one step in my prototype. There's no way to mimic this behavior in the Desktop Preview in the XD app. This can be frustrating, as I often like to start Previews within the app but it can be frustrating to navigate.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,792 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently in prototype mode, connections disappear unless you click on a board or do cmd-a.

We need the ability to see all connections or hide them. Not by "selecting boards" using cmd-a. Just show all connections.

People use XD not just to prototype but to pass a desired flow from designers/product to developers. Don't restrict the use case for XD

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We need the ability to annotate the connections between boards in prototype modes. So all the connection lines should have text that you can add, position, etc by double clicking the line. This is pretty standard in other flow tools.

I think XD is great but you've somewhat limited the use case of it. even "prototype" mode misses the true need which is to be able to layout exactly how an application fits together and annotate why it goes from one screen to another.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tab between Target, Transision, Ease Out, Duration

More keyboard commands, less pain in mouse hand.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you view the prototype in the background color is white on the page that surrounds the layout, but if you click the fullscreen icon top right the same backgound becomes black, this also removes the text navigation links under the layout.

Why is this? And why doesn't the background fill the screen dynamically with the background of my web layout? It looks very strange when my 1024x768px gets a bordered frame around it instead of just getting a full background that occupies the screen, just like I would when making the same layout in Dreamweaver. When I preview layouts…

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Prototyping Links without wires for key functions like Home button.
    That said when you want to link number of pages that have a consistent home buttion back to your Home page the number of wires gets messy. We need to be able to get the links dialog without necessarily haveing to deal with wires. Or wires dialog could have an option to turn specific interaction wires on/ff

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Me again...

It would also be nice to specify whether an object's transition (animated transitions only) happens across the entire artboard or only within the objects own footprint. The effect would be similar to the Linear Wipe effect in After Effects.

e.g. I have a solid element on the right that should slide left, BUT the slide happens only within the space it occupies - effectively making it appear to disappear behind an invisible element at it's left hand edge.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Nice work so far guys.

It would be GREAT to be to be able to choose how each element on a page will transition regardless of where they link - or if they link anywhere.

So, for example, my sidebar dissolves, but my centre content slides off left, meanwhile my footer pushes down off the page.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to be able to hide the window frame on the Preview window, e.g. when I design for Windows on Windows I would like to be able to view artboards as if they're a window in the OS.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The biggest hog of screen space and effort tied to interactive mock-ups is the creation of multiple art boards to accommodate simple transformations of screen objects.

It would be great to be able to assign a variable tag to the values in the design panel and then be able to set the limits/increment values to them. This would also apply to strings.

Using my Clock example from another feature request:
    I could assign the rotation variable to my hands set the limit to 10° then set another button to cycle that symbols rotation variable. Otherwise using the current art board…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a preview for visual feedback when designing transitions in prototyping.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adding a wire to an object inside a symbol or changing a wire inside a symbol should create/change the same wire/link across other instances of that symbol in the same way styles/text etc changes other instances.

This would allow navigation to be edited throughout a project.

I love the convenience of symbols, and I love that we can now add links to objects within a symbol, but not being able to propagate that interaction to other symbols is a problem for me.

567 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Right now, when you enter Desktop Preview, the cursor is the typical white circle that is supposed to represent a finger. This is great when your project is a mobile app or website. But your project is a desktop app or website, it begs to have a normal black arrow for a cursor--and the Mickey Mouse gloved hand when hovering over clickable things--for recording videos and even just testing it out on your own. It's cumbersome and distracting to have a giant circle cursor for desktop experiences.

When you create a new project, XD already asks what type of project…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. After I define a master navigation on the objects that are positioned outside the artboards and have it linked to different pages.

I went back to Design Mode and copied the objects to their x and y positioning. But when I go to Prototype Mode after that, I found the wire interaction has disappeared.

The wire interaction only stays when I copy and paste in prototype mode, but not in design mode..

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m moving this over to the Feature Request section of the database, as it’s an enhancement request on the way we’ve designed the copy and paste functionality.

Thanks,

-Elaine

20. I would really like the default transition for wires to be "None," not "Dissolve." I have almost never seen a real website or app or desktop software do page transitions with a dissolve transition, so I don't understand why it's the default transition. I have to change the transition from "Dissolve" to "None" every time I create a new project. I could be the only user who wants this, but I wanted to make this request.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)