Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Would be great if we had a hover out trigger, so that will be activated when we leave the element.

That would make so more realistic to handle state changes, especially whem we have many states in our component.

Thanks good people, have a great day!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I have multiple components and some of this components states are popup windows, since the first state of the components are buttons, when the pop up state is triggered the other components beneath will show up in front. If i bring this componen to front then the next button will have the same problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make auto counters a thing so that a numbered component/list can automatically change when a certain trigger is applied. Example: When adding items to a shopping cart, the number on the cart icon automatically changes when the button is clicked instead of having to manually create a list of numbers and different states for each one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It's annoying to manually change each overlay artboard's default interaction from 'previous artboard' to 'none'.

I found myself in many situations, where I either wanted to disable it completely, or wanted to point to a specific artboard.

As of now artboard interaction works on entire artboard, as if overlaid on each element. For interaction and review purposes, I want to mostly use an X button, or force users to use OK/Cancel buttons that I provide. In mobile situations this is more prominent. In mobile prototypes it's even more annoying because an accidental tap can close a full-screen overlay, which doesn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'm making an overlay that you can dismiss by clicking away on an empty area. I want only that empty area to be clickable, while the contents of popup/dialog/overlay to be unclickable. Same goes for objects partially obscured by any overlaying object.

I found myself, and many of my presenters, to be clicking on an element (not necessarily a button) that is part of a popup/dialog, just to simulate a clicking behaviour. This causes an underlaying interaction to trigger, and that's undesirable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Yes... know there are plenty of threads and complains out there about this topic. But can't invest my time searching and tediously upvote each one of them. So as it seems I'm forced to work as "beta tester for free, at least let me invest the lesser time in post expensive bugs.

Simply I've lost one client, time, money and health with the amounts of bugs and insane usability flaws of XD user interface. Really... I'm tired, very tired.

Just built an "atomic" approach of buttons, dropdowns, etc... invested weeks learning the anti-intuitive way to make states work, with hours…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi, dear XD Development Team

With the current feature, once you set the Xbox input, you can only operate it with the Xbox controller.
    In the case of multi-platform development, the
    You have to do the same thing again with the PS4 controller.
    I would like to request that the function be improved so that this effort can be avoided.

Also, please support the Nintendo Switch.

When it comes to game controller input, there is also the issue of cursor movement.
    For example, if you want to enter a character with the controller, you have to have an artboard with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I noticed I cannot put a Hover-Interaction on a component to trigger an overlay. When I use Hover, it only allows switching between states. And when I set a new Element and try to let it trigger an Overlay, the Option "Hover" is not even given in the Interaction-Menü.

Is this a bug or a non-improvement?

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'm hoping this idea is just an add on from the current Scroll action.

At the moment you can create a button etc and link it to a certain area on your artboard. It then automatically scrolls to that area once clicked.

My idea is to have this same feature, but with an option to jump and scroll to a specific area on another artboard.

It will make the user journey so much better when using things like quick links etc

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If I want to Auto-animate from the bottom of a scrollable artboard to a smaller one, the scaling of the artboard doesn't animate. If it could, it would be a useful feature in prototyping multi-step flows with views of varying height.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It can be great to be able to prototype complex animations and interactions. It can help us create more concrete prototypes with mouse and scroll animations or also infinite loop animations.

Detail of the idea in this article : https://uxplanet.org/the-killer-feature-im-waiting-for-in-our-modern-design-tools-87c3a5d3c4b3

Summary of the idea :
    A 3 step process which allow you an infinity of possibilities by customizing each property with a math formula. We add syntax highlighting to help designers differentiate dynamic properties, static properties and constants or math functions.
    Then, AdobeXD previewer will “just” have to recalculate and update these properties at a 60 Hz frequency to make…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To fix a bottom bar inside the interface to the bottom screen you have to fix it to the viewport height (Current-behavior.png). The problem is when I would like to export my mockup I expect the bottom bar on the bottom of my mockup not in the middle like inside the expected-one.png.

Because it's painful to change all your mockups to export them and after to re-move the bottom bar to have a prototype that will work properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Different size of main and overlay artboard causes big problem with prototype. If contents of overlay isn't bigger then a main artboard why shoud I design whole new overlay for responsive design?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. basically, when i tap the play button on a music app i'm prototyping, if i happen to tap another button or click onto another artbord, it will stop the audio. there should be a way to pause and play the audio. that would be very helpful. thanks!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When designing for PCs or Macs, having the ability to trigger actions for mouse buttons would be helpful. Especially left, right, and middle buttons.

I am using Adobe XD for game interaction design and this feature would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Another user has requested this for the mouse/touch down. This would also be beneficial for keys & gamepad triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions. An example of this input being used is a transition to an overlay radial menu for selections to be made. The radial menu would disappear if the key/button is released.

Having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The recent update for multiple actions on tap triggers is great. Please carry this functionality over to the other triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions and having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Playing Audio or Motion and looping it Automatically Without need to Click or Drag or any action. its like when all actions are over i do like have to keep some motions and music playing in main menu , but at the moment i should just play audio by click or still cant have looping motion , for example on this video i liked to have some motions keeps go on clouds while menu is ready to click and also need music playing on background on without any click

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'm brazilian and I'm using Adobe Xd in English.
    I don't know why but the speech playback is speaking in Brazilian portuguese, but I wanted it to be in English.

Let us choose the language of the speech playback. Let us choose between the available languages in the Help > Language menu.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The playback is currently linked to the settings in your operating system, so to change to English, you should change your OS setting to English. I’ll leave this open and adjust it to reflect your request of setting the playback language to the setting in XD.