Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. I would like to have a trigger for device rotation, and connect two artboards to go from one layout to another when device rotation happens.

To go further, I like to be able to switch to another artboard based on size class changes (using iOS terms). Then I could have specific layouts for various potential sizes of my app, and this would include portrait to landscape rotation.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The method to set a Playback action appears quite complicated for many of my course attendees to grasp (setting the Artboard handle as a Timed animation with a Speech action) and definitely too difficult to discover. It even gets worse when they try to understand why to drag the handle from destination to source (as indicated in many Help files). Why not tell users to simply click the stub to invoke the heads-up display and get that initial confusion out of the way ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make it possible to fluidly transforma between objects stored as symbols, text, rectangles and elipses when using auto-animate, without converting them to paths

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sometime you need a little shake effect for error or other things without moving the position of the elements

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The introduction of Auto-Animate has introduced some problems. The main two arise from objects' opacity being being set to 0% and the fact that objects need to be placed off the artboard in order to create the effect of them moving into place.

In both of these cases, the objects become invisible and in the case of the latter they either interfere with adjacent artboards or the artboards need to be placed far enough from each other to allow for the elements around them, which creates a mess.

The problem of opacity could easily be tackled by introducing a new…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Selection of 'Previous Artboard' option should've been under the destination section and not in the action section of the prototype menu.

Logically Previous Artboard is a destination and not an action.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Prototyping for people who are visual impaired is almost impossible to do. With the voice feature added it has become a bit easier to fake but if two more featured would be added Adobe XD could prototype for even more users.

• Vibrations could be added within the action area. This would make sure that extra feedback could be added to certain buttons/area's instead of textual feedback. This would also mean that two actions should be possible; a vibration and a transition if necessary.
    • The VoiceOver function of iOS can't read the Adobe XD app. It doesn't distinguish buttons/area's that have…
    21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When clicking the drop down list to select an artboard to link to it would be useful to order the list of artboards by:

1) The order in which they appear in xd: Left to right and then down and across
    2), Or order by name

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I create projects for commercial web applications and I try and prototype many function points. This can lead to hundreds of links and cross-links. I would like to be able to

2) Look at the prototype links in a more text based format so I can search and replace links, bulk add links through a text editor.

OLD

1) Set a core/common link for a symbol or element so when I copy it to other pages, it keeps the link. For example, copying the "home" element to another dashboard should keep the link back to the home page.

A single,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m updating this to focus on the text management of links. In the future, please do file individual ideas in separate tickets so that we can better merge them with other ideas!

10. preserve scroll position for auto-animate - currently it works kinda broken/incorrectly from what wed want

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. stack the link connection points between artboards as currently when zoomed out they overlap each other making it very unclear and hard to select them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Commands or input from one artboard control interface on another or multiple. A lot of my work focuses on non-traditional multi-screen setups, large installations for physical environment. Being able to set up a multi-screen design and prototype in the same XD platform would streamline workflow quite a bit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I had the luxury of using Adobe XD on a Microsoft Surface Studio, for a whole week. Designing and controlling a project with your fingers at such a large screen sure feels great, but... didn't anyone of the XD team ever notice that the connection handles are just too small to touch and drag ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We would like to have the ability for a user previewing an XD prototype to use interface components in the prototype that would cause data to be displayed in the prototype from a Google Sheet. This would allow us to test earlier in our product development cycle.

For an example of this requested feature, let's say we are prototyping a Google style text search application. The interface contains a simple search text input field and a button. The data being queried would exist in a Google Sheet.

The requested feature would allow the user testing the prototype to type in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I animate drop-shadows on an element it doesn't animate with the rest of the element. Only after the element has animated does the shadow jump instantaneously from value set A to value set B.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I am not sure this is a bug or a feature request. But I am using the boolean intersect operation to intersect 2 vector shapes. I am then animating the intersection. But soon as I reach the masked object bounds or just beyond it the boolean intersection undoes itself. I have attached a video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My idea is to have a real looking or clay mockup like device frame when viewing prototypes like Invision studio is planning to do!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The transition animation of shapes from one screen to the other are not supported when they are symbols.

The animation is smooth if the items are grouped but if these are symbols the animation seems to break.

In the example the bottom nav bar is a symbol in one and a grouped element in the other

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 488 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 18 19