Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Quite simply the option to designate a stop point for a drag trigger.

ie. Drag up from a bottom menu to a 2/3 point, where it stops. Drag up a second/third etc time to bring up a sheets style menu to whatever point you would like.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Drawing a box around multiple art boards should allow the user to quickly link and un-link the screens together.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In Prototype Playback mode: when recording a prototype for export to movie file, sometimes we need to export these for HD presentations. Please offer the option to export or record the video at 2x, 3x, 4x or more times resolution. This is especially important with iPhone and iWatch recordings. With all the new tweeting animation features exporting for video to be edited into presentations is getting to be much more important!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hello, we sometimes use emojis on our designs for increasing our conv. rates, giving the design a warm feeling at the same time.

But when surfing the prototype, user can not see the emojis, so our prototypes are not exactly what we expect from them.

Keep up the great work with XD

Regards

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently when I change my artboard fill to black, and decrease transparency by a percentage, to simulate the 'lightbox' effect for my design, then go into Prototype mode and select 'Overlay' as my action - the fill on my artboard gets deselected. At first i thought this was a bug, but after reviewing the bugs list, it appears this is by design.

I would like to suggest a couple improvements:

1. Instead of 'auto-deselecting' the fill, set it to 0% transparency instead -> This will make interacting faster for those who want to go back in and change the fill color,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hey Adobe, may update is great, Keyboard trigger is great but…(always a "but")
    I made a prototype that i can manipulate with the arrows and i don't want the native left and right navigation to be active when i test my prototype.
    I think a little option is missing in a general project parameters.

Thank you !

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto animate should have the option to preserve the same scroll position or not (like transitions). As it is now is very limited in terms of prototyping scrolling pages or pages with different height.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It's a very good thing that we can now easily share colors between projects. But to be really useful, we need to change a linked color on a specific project.

I work on multiple projects based on the same UI library. Each projects has its own main color.

I created a project to maintain all my atomic elements and my other projects use those linked elements. But for now, when you use a linked color you can't change it on one project only so I can't use your great new feature for sharing assets between projects.

Here is how it…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you have multiple transitions with specific values, say for example a swipe animation it becomes extremely daunting trying to remember all the various transition settings if you cannot label them and save them for future use. And it's a tedious process to set these individually since you can't copy a preset either. If you use an auto-animate in one artboard the program defaults to that over the slide transition.

You should probably also see which transition you have in the project. When you highlight two artboards and see the flowchart. And Copying transitions would be great fun!

We use…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! I’m going to leave this open to save custom transition settings, but I also want to mention that UserVoice works best when you only file one idea per ticket. Please feel free to file new tickets for your secondary ideas. Thanks!

10. Whenever I want to do voice prototyping and have the prototype play a speech back to me, I always forget that I also need to select the time trigger option.

I honestly do not understand why I need to remember to select two options just have speech playback?

Why can't I just select speech playback option and it automatically selects the time trigger option for me?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can we get rid of or have the option to disable the scroll bar on desktop preview for mobile app designs, it blocks some design and ruins the prototype experience.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow prototyping wires to connect to artboards in different documents. The web prototype would let users navigate seamlessly between pages that are sourced from multiple documents.

When the designs for an interface are too massive to live in a single document, we break them up so each section is in its own document (ex: a product with ~150 various screens). However, all the docs are still part of a single product, and need to be wired together for a cohesive prototype.

I'd like an option in prototyping mode to connect a wire to another document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When auto-animating to another artboard, currently the order of layers in the layer panel is as it appears in the source artboard, and doesn't update to the order in the destination artboard until the animation is complete. This results in layers being covered by other layers, making it difficult to simulate an element scaling and rising above other elements on the z axis (see attachment).

It would be preferable if the order of layers in the layers panel was first updated to the order in the destination artboard, then the animation begins.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hello Dear All,

It would be really nice to click and reaching random page! Therefore node system should able to multiple connections between artboards then we can choose 'random' in actions!

Thanx

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to select text-to-speech language per action used.

1. Example: Creating a mobile app with text reading capabilities. If the app has a "Select Language" page, then the language read back should match the language selected.
    2. Having TTS language selection as part of each speech playback action created would be a great inclusion, especially if an app is developed with multiple languages.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Animations should be able to come out as assets. This way if you need to change all your animations at same time, for example to transition/none, it can be done quickly. This would be an AWESOME feature and should work just like colors assets!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. are there any plans to include a modulator feature? eg:like a low frequency oscillator (with sawtooth, sinewave etc).

this would make a wide range of generative stuff possible, animated backgrounds correlated to the fibbonaci sequence for design purposes, stuff a bit like brian eno's 77 million paintings might also be possible if a high number of modulators were able to be assigned to a single parameter like color or image for example.

also things like phasing etc in the visual domain would be possible for design purposes.

being able to modulate both colors, various aspects of pages and transitions would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Over and over again, especially when I'm using Auto-Animate to mimic a modal view, when I have the above layer "slide" outside the artboard, it then suddenly becomes attached to a near adjacent artboard. It's EXTREMELY annoying.

Maybe there needs to be a built in "margin" outside an artboard, that keeps slightly outside elements still as part of it? Or, a way to manually assign an off-artboard element to a specific artboard.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why is fullscreen mode scaling the artboard again? It's impossible to demo a website with 1920 canvas to a customer how has a laptop with 1280 resolution. This has suddenly changed at some point and confuses the crap out of clients.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Circular mouse pointer with button press effects for windows users when recording interaction, as mac users have

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)