Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Please give users the option of scaling the prototype to browser width instead of just a straight - "view actual size" fullscreen option. It makes prototyping useless if we can't fit the prototype to the browser window.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. If you go to Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Adobe+Headquarters/@37.3179093,-121.8738215,14.73z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x808fcca5b2cb83d7:0xe2d0d2f40784e22!8m2!3d37.3307703!4d-121.8940951

Please click the hamburger menu in the upper left. It creates a sliding menu that slides right. At the same time, a blur effect is added to the rest of the page.

I can't do that in Adobe XD where I can have two different types of transitions occurring at once. (Atleast I haven't figured that out yet)

If I create a sliding menu, I can use an overlay but the background is not blurred. Or I can create an entirely NEW artboard with the menu on it and the background blurred, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When you make connections between Screens all of them go through the middle of the screen, they should use, top half to go forward and bottom half to go back. yo you can grab the right arrow to attach to the right place.

I hope this can be a good idea and it work for all.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like if I could overlay multiple artboards on one artboard. for example. on the prototype I'm working on, tapping on the search icon is suppose to overlay a search text box, which is one artboard and is to slide left at the top. but I would also wish to overlay another artboard for the keyboard which is to side up from the bottom.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When we try to create and interaction between artboards, it would be great if the names of the artboards appear in alphabetical order on the list in the interaction popup window.

In addition, it would be great if we could type the name of the artboard and automatically find the chosen one (like in search engines).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When creating designs that include fixed elements, you have to place certain layers over other content (like an Apple App store-style tabbed footer menu for example), in order to get it to display in the correct place when previewing. However this makes for a frustrating experience when designing other elements which must sit beneath the fixed content. You have to toggle the fixed element's visibility in the layers panel, then toggle it back on to see it when previewing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The new overlay feature is great. But a wonderful small improvement would be to allow us to use the slide transitions but to specify where to slide in from. That way, we could have elements enter and exit from specific points on the artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. オーバーレイの固定を選択式に

オーバーレイを固定にするか、スクロールに合わせて移動させるかを選択式にしてはどうか。

Selection of overlay fixing selectively

How about choosing whether to fix the overlay or move it according to the scroll?

(Translation: I would like to choose whether or not the artboard scrolls when I scroll the overlay.)

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. having fixed elements, such a the nav, on page transitions.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The new incrustation mode is very useless but it's too bad not to be able to change the overlay screen. For example when we want to make a menu with interactions within the menu to navigate we can't use this mode because we can't change the overlayed screen.

You can see my idea in the attachment.

Good luck and congratulation for the previous update !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Positioning an overlay is really approximate as it only works by using the mouse, without any indication of its position. Whether it is the distance from the artboard edges, or to other existing elements on the artboard.

Would be great to be able to move an overlay using the keyboard arrow for better accuracy, as well as being able to toggle the overlay position by pressing "alt" (as this already exists in design mode)

Thanks guys!

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to be able to define for overlays that they are open by default when I get to a page. That would enable me to close and reopen the overlay again without having to build another full page with the overlay in it (and I could use the overlay-specific animations rather than having to switch to a completely new page). The use case is a menu that stays open by default, but can be closed if the user wants to. If this is already possible, please let me know how, thx!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently overlays always display at the top of the layers panel. This makes creating sliders or other elements difficult. Add the ability to move overlays beneath other objects.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fantastic features: Overlays, and Fixed elements
    Here are a few improvements I'd like to see.

• Overlays support Fixed headers and Footers, scrolling content.... But now the drop shadows can't be used on the elements because they get cut off. Allow the overlay to be shadowed, or allow the shadows to bleed out from the overlay contents.

OLD
    - Scroll Underlying content: I'd like to have a left panel come sliding in, and still be able to scroll the underlying page. Example: Toolbar slides in, scroll the content of the page.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. First of all, congrats on the new update, it's awesome!

One of the most awaited features for me was the fixed/sticky option. One thing that got in my mind after trying it was making something "stick" after scrolling, like a "go back top" button, which you don't want to have before you actually start scrolling.

412 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Eg: When you have a friends list inside a game screen, in a prototype, I need to be able scroll in a clipped mask of a container, which is currently possible in Principle, which makes a group scrollable vertically or horizontally. I'm looking for the equivalent of the same here.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re currently testing a feature like this as part of the private prerelease program, and expect to deliver this as part of the next product update. Please join the private prerlease to learn more, or stay tuned!

18. Please add a blacklist / whitelist option to the "Previous Artboard" links.

The problem: "Previous Artboard" logic is linear, which only works for specific use cases.

Example: From a "Parent" page, user clicks a link to a subpage that has tabs. They click the tabs on the subpage a couple times, and now want to use a back button that takes them back to the "Parent". Currently, "Previous Artboard" will take them back through all the tabs they clicked on, before finally getting back to the "Parent".

Solution: The designer can blacklist or whitelist a group of Artboards, and/or single…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to view or record the prototype based on the artboard that was used. Since there's already a list of specific artboards (iphonex, ipad, android etc.).

The idea is when you publish a prototype there would be an option if you want it to be view on a device. Same as when recording it.

352 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Preserve Scroll Position" is out! Works great!

But, it would be great if we could have this control outside (and possibly as a Global/Art Board/User Selection) of each individual "link target modal"?

Having to click the "Preserve Scroll Position" button on EVERY LINK I WANT IT TO WORK ON IS TEDIOUS AND AGGRAVATING.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)