Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Do we need to have these on separate tabs? Sketch and Studio use the same window with a different tool. I feel slowed down by switching tabs constantly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The ability to stack animation transition types. For example: I would like to be able to have a slide transition with a dissolve on it as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When working on large projects it becomes hard to drag prototype links when you have 80 plus pages.

It would be great to be able to link from one xd item to another in a separate prototype file. So you can break large files into usable chunks. maybe have tabs within the artboard.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have used the new private prototype beta by accident, now I want to make it a public link but I am not able to. Several people are having difficulty accessing the prototype, but I have spent a long time adding comments if I make a new public link the comments are lost.

Dont see why it is not easy to just switch public or private on and off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would love to be able to customize the easing function - similar to how you can edit easing graphs in after effects - or the simplicity of how you can edit the easing curves in InVision Studio. This really gives a us the ability to make a product feel more custom.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have come across an issue whilst trying to display my designs of my client's new website design. I would like to be able to show them both the desktop and mobile version within the XD file but at the moment, I am unable to do that, would be great if this feature could be added.

Thanks

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have the ability for prototype wires to go underneath the artboards.

This feature would be would be already made wires, any wire that you are live-editing would be above artboards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Realize that this was "fixed" by removing borders for prototypes, but I am now having an issue with designs that use a white background color.

It is hard to tell the boundaries of the viewport. Feel like it will be impossible to satisfy everyone with a default setting.

Any way we could choose to add a border color to our prototypes?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Especially on long artboards that viewers may have seen before, it would be useful to click on a comment and have it scroll to the comment's location, directed attention to the relevant portion of the page that needs to be addressed. Currently when you hover on a comment in the side bar, it highlights the comment on the artboard, but if the comment is not in the visible area, this is not very useful.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When previewing a Prototype, hide or use thin, unobtrusive "mobile" scroll bar on Mobile-specified artboards. The standard browser scrollbar is too wide - which interferes with touchpoints and is not representative of a true mobile experience.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If I want to create 3D elements and objects for use with Microsoft Teams I should be able to quickly and easily mock all this up in XD.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hololens+1st+line+work+demo&view=detail&mid=5B35A2CF22AEB5096FCC5B35A2CF22AEB5096FCC&FORM=VIRE

Fast forward into 2:20. I want to prototype that type of experience in XD. Go get the Redmond partners to build some bridgeware here....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There should be a way to easily identify unconnected screens.
    And/or there should be a way to remove ALL connections, so I don't need to make one connection to display all screens in design spec.

Background: I'm always having the same problem: I connect my screens in prototype mode, upload the design specs, developers are getting the link and then a screen is missing. Then I'm editing it, connecting it again or add/modify screens, I upload it again and the developer sees only the connected screens. This makes me so crazy sometimes because finding out which screen is not connected…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'd like to be able to prototype a functional slider. I can currently achieve this effect my duplicating the entire artboard and switching out the slide content, but the load time when clicking through the slider is incredibly slow, and can be off-putting to clients. Also, utilizing this method means that if the design is altered even minutely, I have to delete all the duplicated artboards, then duplicate the main artboard again, replace the slide contents, and prototype it all again as well. It can be incredibly time consuming. I've attached a screenshot of a recent one-page website that had…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. To create modal dialogs for desktop prototypes, overlays should not be dismissed when clicking outside the overlay area.
    Modal dialogs, unlike menus or tooltips, need a specific user dismissal event and it would be nice to have an option to choose how to dismiss the overlay.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can currently do this by setting a transparent rectangle in the background of your overlay. I’ll leave this open to track the issue.

17. Instead of having to create the same hotspot multiple times (back buttons, navigation menu etc) could we have a feature where you can save the hotspots you've already created and be able to reuse them across multiple screens (similar to invision's hotspot prototyping feature)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi, when I use overlay, the green box doesn't snap to anything so it would be great to make it snap, so the placement can be pixel-precise.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Will be very helpful to be able to place precisely the overlays with measurement informations, like in the design mode.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Right now, it is hard to manage overrides. Please can we have it on the right hand menu when selecting a symbol so we can override from there?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)