Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. As a designer I want to select multiple components and be available to change to hover or default state at the same time.

Thanks

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I want to create a endless slow moving animation in an endless cycle but the option for 5 seconds is too fast. I would like to have the flexibility to up its time duration.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to set stylings of shapes and elements with a "style" similar to the graphics styles in AI.

Ideally it would function like the text styles
    It would include all the controls of the XD appearance panel.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Auto-mask seems to take the nature of the css attributes "background-size: cover;"

It would be nice if we can choose it to have it behave more like "background-size: contain; background-position: center;"

This would help avoid unwanted cropping.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Having the UI Kits (and hopefully in the future customs ones as well) is great. But now you have to open a separate file, select what you want, copy it, go back, paste it.. If there could be a (sidebar) panel with all these loose elements as a library that you could just drag in... That would be amazing!

Thanks.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Component states are awesome, but right now the size increase for a complex component is not scalable. After doing some testing, components appear to increase their size proportionally to the number of states.

For example if I have a Default state, create a new state and move the components, say in a mask, to do an animation the size has now doubled. Then if I copy that to a new artboard, it doubles again, because both states get carried around. Therefore what originally would have been a master with an instance in 2 separate artboards with size 2X is now…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be great if I could just create a whole artboard as element for the regular version and copy/paste it for dark mode. As far as I understand, I cannot convert the whole artboard to an element AND still be able to change colors without being automatically adapted to all element copies.

So, the idea of the dark mode artboard element (copy) would be to adapt to EVERY change from the original regular (white mode) artboard, except for coloring. Kind of like using a different CSS for colors but react to size and content changes.

This would enable to…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be really helpful to be able to control Paragraph Spacing within the character styles allowing us to update the paragraph spacing globally across all text styled using that character style.

Under the current implementation paragraph spacing still needs to be updated manually across every text box on your artboards.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support variables like {{userName}}

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. hi,

Xd allows to us to make some basic symbols, it would be very usefull to be able to export those symbols individually out of XD.
    It would speed up my process from designing website to putting img in html.

[clarified after responses]

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When objects are in a group smart guides do not show up for those objects, only the group. It makes it hard to keep an artboard organized, no objects you want to align other objects to can be in groups.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It's just so much easier and intuitive to navigate this way

(information lost when I edited the title: this is the behavior in After Effects)

• Also including custom bindings to other mouse buttons
    36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When multiple users working on the same file, it will be great if we can see which part is changed or modified.

It is nice to see other people working on the work area realtime but when someone leave the file and come back, it should show them which part has been modified since they leave. Maybe a special highlight or a mark on changed art board.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add faux-italics. As of now you cannot make text italicized unless there is an italics version of the font being used. I am currently making web-app prototypes and faux-italics exists in the browser. I need a way to demonstrate this.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd love to have some animation presets, like in After Effect so I can make objects, on say page transitions, animate out or give objects animated user feedback so they know its been selected or it can't be selected. Also someway of custom animations through key framing would be cool.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. OpenType-SVG fonts are already supported in Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign and it would be great to have them in XD as well!

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd really like the ability to resize the text within a text box by resizing the text box via command + shift (like in InDesign).

This would be particularly useful when resizing a group of objects to fit a space (and wanting all of the proportions to stay the same). Right now, if I select a group of objects and drag to resize them, the text needs a lot of adjusting afterwards.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When you have an object with a fill that's very close to the pink color of the guide, it's hard to see the value of the guide

Is it possible for the guide color to change when the background color of the object is almost the same color?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include a built-in library of grids for Android, iOS, mobile and desktop. This would help with standardisation, particularly for emerging UX designers.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would work like in Illustrator: Select all text - press alt and either up or down arrows to increase or decrease the spacing. That is assuming there isn't shortcut keys already?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)