Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. XD should support hanging punctuation/quotes.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The idea behind InCopy was always an awesome one for print layouts. It never really took off in InDesign's web mode, because using InDesign for mobile application development is a bit like running a marathon in hiking boots.

There is still a huge use case for integrating real copy with the design process. It would be awesome if we had a way to do that. Is there any chance that we might be able to get a creative cloud integration between XD and Adobe's primary copywriting tool?

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be helpful to apply multiple paragraph styles within the same text box. This is particularly helpful for long bodies of text such as visualising a blog page. Currently you have to split each header, sub head and body copy block into separate text boxes.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Being able to create alternating colors to rows or columns after using the repeat grid tool. Very useful for when creating tables that need visual separations between data.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When you edit a symbol inline, it would be really useful if everything else dulled out or something, so that it was cleat that that is what your doing – think isolation mode in illustrator

I just confused the hell out of myself by repositioning the contents of a symbol, rather than the symbol itself, then at some point later seeing all my other artboards with random positioned stuff. And then when trying to fix (without realising what had happened), I managed to edit the symbol again : /

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Our preferred workflow is to have a Xd-beta file for new development. When changes here are implemented the design gets moved to another file.

However, when copying artbords that contains components with overrides, these overrides are lost when the artbord is pasted in a new file. (both Xd-files are connected to the same master component file)

Would love if this could be fixed.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All -

Can you please detail out what’s your current workflow today in XD that lands you into that situation?

In other words, are the documents that you’re pasting into linked to the source document? are they “Saved As” versions of the source documents.

This extra info will help us identify what the issue is.

Thanks,
    Sherif

7. Can we have it that if hover state is bigger than default state, it will resize from center point.

I'm thinking of using cards components on my designs, and having them get bigger on hover. but to be honest with ya, having them resize from top-left corner on hover is weird AF.

I can't think of a scenario where resizing from top-left corner on hover is expected. but def. resizing from center point is the more used up case.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to adjust the smoothness of the rounded corners. (Similar to how the iOS app icon looks like)

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hello,
    I just returned from Adobe Max and loved learning about XD. I work for Le Creuset and would love the ability to be able to sketch our product and a 3D model be created in XD. I know this was part of Sneaks. Or at least be able to upload our 3D models that we currently have in other applications to be able to place new designs on our product in XD. Is that a possibility? If so, what format do they have to be in? Thank you, Nicole

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. there is 'shadow' but that is only for the bottom of any object. please add outer/inner glow.
    otherwise- everything is amazing.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hi! Developers often ask me to define margins and columns in percentage for responsive websites. New XD update give us good control of the grid layout but it might be usefull to set up with percentage instead of pixels.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. select-tool can't grab a group of outline objects without zooming in
    in indesign or illustrator this is much easier....

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Vector assets for iOS are PDFs. Not being able to import existing assets directly sucks.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I would like to understand more about your workflow. What are you trying to achieve and what prevents you doing with the latest XD version?

Cheers,
    M.

14. In order to facilitate interactions within a page, allow a "widget" designer, such that these widgets are fully responsive to touch and context data, etc.
    Once a widget is in the library pallete, the user can drop these in anywhere. With data binding, widget may appear on different pages, and show updates state. For example if the widget had a clock in it the time would be updating every second, and this widget may appear on any screen.
    I might suggest looking a "web components" for this purpose, and framework around using them inside the Xd App as described. These…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would be nice to be able to change images of repeat grid items. At the moment if I drag & drop on a repeat grid item, all instances will change …

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Here’s how it works currently:

• If you drag a single image onto a Repeat Grid where all grid cells show the same image, the image will change in all the grid cells.
    • If you drag multiple images onto a Repeat Grid, you will set up a repeating sequence of different images. For example, if I drag in 5 images at the same time, the first 5 grid cells will show different images and then the pattern will repeat (e.g. every 5th grid cell will show the same image).
    • If you drag a single image onto a Repeat Grid that already has a repeating sequence of images, you’ll replace all copies of the image you dropped onto. For example, if you had a sequence of 5 images repeated 3 times (15 total grid cells), and then you drop a single image onto one grid cell, you’ll see 3 copies of that…
  16. I need direct selection tool to adjust groups this way:
    1. I created rectangle and placed icon inside with 10px offset from right side.
    2. Grouping rectangle with icon.
    3. Now I want to resize this group and save 10px offset, but this offset changes proportionally.

I can easily do this in Ai using Direct Selection tool. So, add Direct Selection tool, please.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can direct select elements by holding CMD when clicking on items that are part of groups. Marquee selecting anchor points is landing very soon, so that you could select parts of your rectangle. Do you expect a different behavior? Did I understand your request right? Thanks for your feedback.

17. Border (stroke) on text should have inside, outside, center options just like for path. the current implementation (Inside only) is pretty much useless for smaller point size text. Thanks.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Supporting additional Web Available Opentype variants is very helpful. We do a lot of work on Video Players which have countdowns and having wiggly UI is no good so we use Tabular numbers. All of my protos in XD have full size numbers now, so things aren't matching and clients aren't loving that.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Color code or tag artboards with final, needs review, in progress, approved

Ease the way internal reviews are done so its easier to share files inside the team and be clear the state of each artboard without having to add all kinds of notes and shapes on the paste board.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Description:
    I am missing a freehand shape tool that allows me drawing sketches directly in XD (Like a pen on paper).
    A freehand vector pencil tool like the one in illustrator would be perfect.

Value:
    Currently I am drawing my sketches in Illustrator, copying them later into XD. Would be nice working without this workaround.

Thank you.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 68 69